JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Trail map in a big hiking park/game reserve near my home is 3 feet by 3 feet. This useless legend (stashed discretely off in a corner) is maybe 3" across. On what planet is it necessary to arbitrarily orient north so it's not at the top of a square map - anywhere?

Ironically, my fellow military air traffic controllers (last century) would announce keggers at their houses and draw even worse maps than this.

Why, for crying out loud... whyyy???

fake north.jpg

Last Edited:
Language fads always get my goat. First it was the "sht" thing. Everyone saying "shtrong" and "shtreets" and "shtruggle", and sho forth.

Then it was "purrrfect." Everything is "purrrfect."

Now it's "For ya." Here's a table for ya. Here's some silverware for ya. Here's the menu for ya. Here's your food for ya. Here's the check for ya. Here's your change for ya.

Obviously it's for me you moron, or you'd be giving it to someone else!

"Here's your bowl of shtew for ya. Purrrfect."

:mad::mad::mad::s0054::s0054:

Drivers who thinks the recommended MPH numbers on the yellow diamond signs are speed limit for the whole road :s0054:

Drivers who still think rural roads are 45mph limits

Drivers who speed up to prevent passing, and then slow down when you slow down. annoying!

Grocery shopping. Families or people who just have to stand and take up the entire aisle just bsing around and not actually moving out of the way or shopping. Just stand and talk about insipid crap or what seems to be small talk.

Shoppers who are indecisive and hovering by the frozen food doors while taking their sweet time deciding not to buy anything.

Language fads always get my goat. First it was the "sht" thing. Everyone saying "shtrong" and "shtreets" and "shtruggle", and sho forth.

Now it's "For ya." Here's a table for ya. Here's some silverware for ya. Here's the menu for ya. Here's your food for ya. Here's the check for ya. Here's your change for ya.

I have an add-on to this. It doesn't rise to my level of a pet peeve, it's just something I noticed. When the restaurant server (I've been admonished not to use "waiter" or "waitress") goes out of their way to approve of my food choice.

Me: "I'd like the grilled salmon, green salad with bleu cheese on the side and a large Guinness please."

Server [exuding a Shakespearean nod/wink/grin]: "Exxxcellent."

I can't help but suspect that I'd get that same reaction if I ordered a BLT (or Ethiopian hyena gonads dusted with mouse dandruff). I may be reading something extra into this, but the implied message I get from this interaction is that they can recognize a truly savvy diner, like me, who knows an extra-special dish when he sees one. And now we're together in this delightful, secret conspiracy of epicurean extasy. Surely my expertise in ordering such a fine choice means I am a discerning man of the world (in my NASA T-shirt and cargo shorts, LOL), AND a hefty tipper.

Like I said, it's not a peeve. Just something I notice every time I order a sit-down meal.

Last Edited:
Ooh that reminds me.

This is particularly aimed at Paramount + and some other video streaming services. Ads. Like 20 minutes of ads that you cannot skip over, for a 30 minute show that hasn't been on regular TV in years. And then in general.. all the "special interest shows" that are basically 20-30 minutes of promoting products and goods from sponsors and maybe 10-15 (if that) of actually showing the work being done. (Cars/motor vehicle shows in particular. "Hunting " shows are the same crap)

Edit. I most assuredly do not want to watch what this basically a 30 minute infomercial for Mother's Car Care products and have maybe 10 minutes of talking about a 1963 Austin Healy Frogeye roadster :rolleyes:

Commercials.......
Sometimes I get away from incessant commercials. I actually go to HSN and QVC, or the like. No commercials! Larger women modeling shoes. Man, how low can a guy sink? In the kitchen with David. A whole set of fancy pans for 5 east payments of $19.95. :oops:

Totally.

:D

Commercials.......
Sometimes I get away from incessant commercials. I actually go to HSN and QVC, or the like. No commercials! Larger women modeling shoes. Man, how low can a guy sink? In the kitchen with David. A whole set of fancy pans for 5 east payments of $19.95. :oops:
I dropped cable for satellite, and then dropped that a few years ago. Netflix until they went woke, now Hulu but they've just added auto-play clips to the main screen, so not great. I use viewpure.com to watch YouTube videos. It's extra steps, but no ads before each video.

Ads on YouTube drive me crazy. It will be something like a how to video and it cuts to ads, which you can't skip over at times aka 30 seconds of my life I can't get back. I think most people now including myself record stuff so we can blow through riff raff as much as possible.
Here's a trick I've found to work most of the times on YT, if the ads are at the beginning, let it go, then skip the 2nd one, then move the player pointer all the way to the last few seconds of the video, let it end, then click "replay".

Drivers who thinks the recommended MPH numbers on the yellow diamond signs are speed limit for the whole road :s0054:

Drivers who still think rural roads are 45mph limits

Drivers who speed up to prevent passing, and then slow down when you slow down. annoying!

Grocery shopping. Families or people who just have to stand and take up the entire aisle just bsing around and not actually moving out of the way or shopping. Just stand and talk about insipid crap or what seems to be small talk.

Shoppers who are indecisive and hovering by the frozen food doors while taking their sweet time deciding not to buy anything.
THIS!!!
I drive just above. So if 60 I hold 62. Frosts me no end when I pull up on someone going much slower, so I move left, then all of a sudden they want to go 70 🤬
The store don't get me started. Never enjoyed shopping. I get in, get out. People who block the entire isle are as bad as the ones who used to chat up the damn clerk and then when its time to pay start searching for the check book. Like they just remembered they have to pay for this stuff. 🤬

THIS!!!
I drive just above. So if 60 I hold 62. Frosts me no end when I pull up on someone going much slower, so I move left, then all of a sudden they want to go 70 🤬
The store don't get me started. Never enjoyed shopping. I get in, get out. People who block the entire isle are as bad as the ones who used to chat up the damn clerk and then when its time to pay start searching for the check book. Like they just remembered they have to pay for this stuff. 🤬
10 MPH over if theres a 70 MPH posted speed limit.
15 MPH over if theres a 65 MPH posted speed limit
20MPH over if theres a 60 MPH posted speed limit.

Yeah, pretty much everyone in SC drives 80 MPH all the time here. Cops are few and far between and the most I ever get in the case I do get pulled over is a "Thanks for your service" warning.

Do not try in Virginia.

Another YT pet peeve. "Auto resolution" of under 720P when the device is fully capable of supporting 1,440P and has the internet speed to go with it. Noticed lately I have to manually set the resolution to 1080P HD instead of "240P" or "360P" or "480P" :s0054:

Another YT pet peeve. "Auto resolution" of under 720P when the device is fully capable of supporting 1,440P and has the internet speed to go with it. Noticed lately I have to manually set the resolution to 1080P HD instead of "240P" or "360P" or "480P" :s0054:
I've noticed that more on connections with high latency or dropouts. Since I got my ISP (mostly) straightened out, they usually default to HD now.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top