JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am not sure if this is the right part of the form to put this.

I put up a want to buy ad for a 41 Magnum revolver a couple days ago and I figured I would share my experience so nobody else gets scammed it sounded sketchy from the get-go. Here are the screenshots from our text messages.

Screenshot_20180418-090837.png
first message everything seems normal

Screenshot_20180418-090846.png
This is when red flags started coming up who says they are going to gun store to get some firearms.

Screenshot_20180418-090857.png
Really bad with returning messages and a very wierd description of a gun.

Screenshot_20180418-090908.png
He finaly says an asking price for 2,000 then I sent him a message back offering him 600 because $2,000 is ridiculous.

Screenshot_20180418-090921.png
Now he wants cash upfront before he will meet.

Screenshot_20180418-090939.png

I removed the text i sent back not forum friendly, basically saying go screw yourself you scammer and don't waste my blank time

Screenshot_20180418-090949.png

Screenshot_20180418-091038.png

Then i ignored him and got this sob story text. So obviously a scammer in it for the long game.

Just another reason I stopped selling to anyone but friends. Same type of thing happened to me when I posted a truck for sale on Craigslist...the wacko's came out in force.

Nigerian prince has the courtesy not to send 20 text messsages about a sob story. Just an email about some warlord or whatever.

Email doesn't run up a bill as much as texts do.

Come on, give the guy a break.. since craigslist stopped personals ads, pimping out blowup dolls parading as the needy girl next door is not as lucrative as it once was.

I wish they'd make some sort of real effort, draconian would be preferable, to hamstring scammers and identity thiefs.. the cost to society is absolutely astronomical.

The good news is, he can probably get your interest rate lowered on your credit card and fix the virus that your computer has, all in one deal. Just send him a Victoria Secret gift card for $1000 before the IRS arrests you.

Sadly some lurk here too.

I read a really funny one a while back where a guy was trying to sell a laptop, the buyer was in Africa or something stupid, clearly pulling a scam. He played the scammers game, accepted his weird payment that was only available once his computer was delivered to the guy in Africa. Some weird wire transfer thing. The guy shipped him a pallet full of stuff from the scrap yard as the buyer agreed to pay customs on his end. Customs was estimated at over $2000 American. It was more involved than this obviously, but made me laugh.

If I had the care, or energy, I'd screw with one more.

There are allot of flakes and anti-lefties pulling stuff like this.

Reminds me of a cartoon.
My gun shoots many bullets,
Me sell gun, you buy gun, gun shoot long time, wait that just got weird.o_O

A Nigerian Prince or Yoda. One of the two. Thanks for posting that. Sadly someone will fall for it.
The language came across like Indian (Hindu) scammers that have contacted me.

I wish they'd make some sort of real effort, draconian would be preferable, to hamstring scammers and identity thiefs.. the cost to society is absolutely astronomical.
Start your own honey pot!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR