JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm getting an Ar-15 here in the next week but haven't decided between the Dpms/Panther rfa3-recon model which is silencer ready and is why I'm really liking it or the Head Down Products Deceptus "Take Down" AR-15 Style Rifle. Anybody shot either rifle. I know the Head down is a way better rifle on the spec sheet because of its modified billet receiver but the Dpms is already all set up with sights and everything I need to make it a good rifle for me but the Head Down AR is just a basic model with no extras? Any help on this matter would be great. I have about $2500 to play with, please any help would be appreciated.

I am very confused here.

What is so special about the "take down" feature? That is how all standard AR's work.

What makes the DPMS silencer ready and the HD not?

What makes the billet "way better"?

Just get something basic, bushmaster, smith and Wesson. For like 800 bucks. Then you can just purchase your own upgrades customize it how you want. You can be the coolest mall ninja on the range.

1. So the Dpms has a flash hider that is threaded for aac suppressors, 2 5.56mm suppressors and 1 7.62, thinking about getting the 7,62 because it is interchangeable with the 5.56 and brings the decibels way down.
2. I thought billeted receivers were way better because the way and the material there made with, I thought it was like porting your engine valves in a hot rod, giving it more power.

Don't forget to add laser beamz, all ninjas need laser beamz.

edit: lol, I just looked up the 'takedown" rifle. Its just a basic AR that comes in a pelican case for $2000. What a ripoff.

OP, I'll sell you an AR with an AAC silencer mount for $800 if that's what you want so bad.

bigdee,

If 2,500 is your budget I don't think the brands you mention should be under consideration.

I don't currently own an AR but I sincerely believe you can get an exceptional rifle for under $1,000, like a colt, and then get $1,500 worth of ammo which once used would make you and your colt an extremely effective combination.

If you're set on putting $2,500 into the rifle I'd look at brands like Noveske, LWRC, KAC, or spending a little more for the HK MR556.

Don't be afraid of buying a high end upper and building your own lower too. It's pretty easy, a lot of fun, and you'll probably end up more attached to a rifle you built yourself.

^ Precisely.

I got DDM4 v7 LW for $1,100. That is about as high-end as one can get without entering the Noveske / LaRue territory of "boutique" AR-15s (and feeling sad after the first scratch :) ).

For $2,500 your AR-15 options are virtually unlimited, and you can step up to piston rifles, get a Tavor, etc.

^ Precisely.

I got DDM4 v7 LW for $1,100. That is about as high-end as one can get without entering the Noveske / LaRue territory of "boutique" AR-15s (and feeling sad after the first scratch :) ).

For $2,500 your AR-15 options are virtually unlimited, and you can step up to piston rifles, get a Tavor, etc.

Now there's a thought. If you really want to go full mall ninja, the Tavor is the shizzle. All the cool kids are going to have them in a couple of years. Me too if the price ever comes down, but I'm not cool enough for one this year.

C'mon dude. Youre like 12 right?

Haha, you guys are so mean. Bigdee, welcome to the forum. I would suggest looking into more options/reading some reviews, and doing a little more research before asking questions about which is better. As you can see stupid questions will get stupid answers. There is a plethora of info out there on ar15s.

Billet is more of a style choice than anything and most Ar15s out there will be more than adequate for your needs.

I have a RRA Rock River Arms Ar-15. their most basic setup.

I shot with it at 200 yards with its 16-inch barrel and iron sights (And my eyesight sucks, at 200 yards i can barely see the silhouette) with no issues at all. 100% hits in the kill zone.

It just gets better from there depending on your eyesight and length of barrel and optics.

You don't need to spend a bajillion dollars to get a top-flight AR-15. It's not complicated weapon to make. The shooter is far more important than the weapon system. this is true no matter WHAT the platform.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top