JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I see what you mean, but the dates on those two entries are obviously wrong. According to the data entered on those two items the forms were sent on September 16th and went pending September 16th, but didn't actually arrive until October 22nd, which was the same day they were both approved. That doesn't make any sense.

The dude entering in the info can't read follow directions, they are obviously false or mis-inputed.

Probably shouldn't have but I called the NFA for an update on my suppressor (now approaching 9 months)

They only told me the check cash date of Feb 7th (I already knew that) and told me that it can take up to 15 months.

FIFTEEN MONTHS, REALLY?

I have been watching the NFA tracker and have seen stamps from Mr Frushhour and Ms Pickles but nothing from our own Sandra Snook.

I asked if she was OK not really expecting an answer and did not get one.

Has anyone from Idaho, Oregon, or Washington had anything approved in the last few days?

Yeah I called today about my 5.56 phantom and the lady said they aren't doing pending dates anymore, she would only say that it has been assigned to an examiner, they had cashed my check on 7/26/13 and they "are taking up to 15 months".

Call the NFA today, and was told that my applications were still pending, errors all corrected, and that it could be as early as November or as late as next February. I am hoping for November!

Just got a call from Hilliary (Curt's Discount Firearms) that somehow during the governments vacation, the ATF lost all of the paperwork on the suppressors they were transferring from the manufacture to Curt's .
I've been waiting since Sept for the Form 4 from Curt's, and now I am back to square one.
I was trying to get this submitted before they change the rules regarding gun trusts.

Just got a call from Hilliary (Curt's Discount Firearms) that somehow during the governments vacation, the ATF lost all of the paperwork on the suppressors they were transferring from the manufacture to Curt's .
I've been waiting since Sept for the Form 4 from Curt's, and now I am back to square one.
I was trying to get this submitted before they change the rules regarding gun trusts.

That's awesome.

I would like to make a clarification on that - the ATF did not lose all of the paperwork that are in transfer to Curt's Discount. There is one particular transfer that had 4 items on it that they are saying they never received. With all of the paperwork that gets faxed in, occasionally this does happen where a request to transfer from dealer to dealer does not get into the right hands. Typically we call about 30 days into a dealer transfer to make sure it is in the system, this particular transfer was done about 3 weeks before the shutdown so at the 30 day mark the ATF was closed and could not give updates as to the status of the transfer. It was only after they shutdown ended and the ATF was taking calls that I found out they had never received the request to transfer. I hope this clarifies things and takes the scare that "ALL" transfers to Curt's Discount were lost.

Sorry. I wasn't clear enough about what transpired.
My main grind in this ordeal was directed towards the ATF and not in anyway towards Curt's.
The whole idea that you submit a form to them, pay the $200.00 and then wait for months on end, with no certainty that anything is going forward in a business like manner completely floors me.

FWIW:

I had conversations with some NFA dealers at the Albany gun show last weekend regarding my planned purchase of a suppressor. I made it known that I intended to purchase before December in order to beat the Trust changes, and therefore was looking for something in stock (so I wouldn't have to wait for the Form 3 to go through). One dealer said that I'd be good as long as the distributor had the item in stock, as he would submit my Form 4 at the same time he submitted the Form 3, since the Form 3 would be processed long before the Form 4 ever got to the top of the pile.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top