JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Relatively new gun owner here (and brand-new member on this board), trying to settle on a range in/near Bellevue where I (and my family) can regularly get in more practice. I have shot at both Bellevue Gun Club (co-located/owned with West Coast Armory) and Bellevue Indoor Range (co-located/owned with Wade's Eastside Guns), and have had uniformly good experiences with both. I consider it a blessing that those of us who live in this area have at least these two good, modern options, and am genuinely grateful to the owners/operators and their helpful professionals I have encountered.

My question specifically is around membership costs, and even more specifically, the "lifetime" options at both. BGC/WCA (near Factoria) is marginally closer to me, and I've had nothing but good experiences there (both in the range and gun shop), but its membership cost structure appears notably higher than BIR/Wade's (on Bel-Red). And while based on the listed "benefits" of the membership levels, it's hard to make a perfect direct comparison, the family lifetime membership ("DIAMOND LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP") at BGC/WCA costs $2,500 plus $250 annually, which is in an entirely different ballpark than the $850 (with no indicated additional annual fee) family lifetime membership ("FAMILY LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP") at BIR/Wade's. All things equal, proximity and familiarity would lead me to Bellevue Gun Club/West Coast Armory, but absent something very compelling in the difference in what I'd be getting in terms of value to me, or drastically different reports on shooter experiences, the membership costs at Bellevue Indoor Range/Wade's is simply a lot easier for me to stomach. (and yes, that "Diamond" lifetime membership at BGC/WCA does indeed appear to offer some more "benefits" that the lifetime at BIR/Wade's, free guests/unlimited gun rentals/other genuinely valuable perks... but not nearly that much more, for me, at this point.)

Below are links to the membership cost pages at both ranges. I welcome any insight into/discussion of personal experiences at these two facilities, and certainly welcome any feedback on what I may be missing re: the membership cost differential. (And certainly, to anyone in management at Bellevue Gun Club, if you could see fit to offer a lifetime tier, perhaps something less "diamond" coated, with a lower cost-structure that approaches what your cross-town competitors appears to offer, I'd not only sign-up tomorrow, but I know a number of other new shooters who might be interested in something like this, too.)

Bellevue Gun Club/West Coast Armory

Bellevue Indoor Range/Wade's Eastside Guns

Thank in advance for any feedback and info!

FWIW
I about 30 years ago I purchased a lifetime membership at Gun Works in Everett WA.
Having left the Puget Sound area in 2002 I haven't a clue if the lifetime of that range has expired or not.

I have shot (20 years ago) at both of the ranges your asking about my only input is how long will it take for you to be on the positive side of investing in a membership and how long that "Lifetime" membership will be honored.

Remember all those stores that have offered "Lifetime" warrantees just prior to going out of business?

Note I am not implying either range is calling it quits any time soon.

As far as membership? I would go for it on a yearly basis. As another mentioned I would be leery of lifetime. Membership has been one of the best things I ever did long ago. I was NOT going nearly as much as I should. When I went I always took way too much stuff. Often could barely carry it all in. After I finally just stared paying by the year? I found myself going a LOT more. I also no longer feel I need to take everything I own since I can go as often as I want. Pick the one you like best, buy a yearly. Well worth it.

Bit the bullet and bought an Individual Lifetime Membership at Wades awhile ago and it's worked out well for me to go whenever I want to, with or without a buddy and know I'll be guaranteed a lane. I've gone shooting for as little as 20 minutes to sight in new loads or sights to as long as two hours introducing newbies to firearms. As a member at Wades, benefits include getting in an hour earlier than the public on weekends, free rentals of their entire pistol and rifle inventory (must buy and use their factory ammo), use of their 30 yard lane, reduced rental of their private booths for private group shooting and a $10 charge for a guest. If you price out what it costs for two nonmembers to shoot at most ranges, it's up around $50 per session, so a lifetime membership at $750 or $850 family membership is a relative bargain over the period of time.

Shooting pistols indoors also works out well for me as I can easily reclaim and collect my brass after a session and the weather is never an issue.

Paying an "annual membership fee" at certain local ranges and then be charged a daily shooting fee seems like a big ripoff just to be entered into their computer system.

Last Edited:
I can't speak about Wade's or the WCA in Bellevue but I can say that WCA in Everett has $25/ yr

$18 Lane Fee
$10 Guest Fee (up to 2 per visit)
$7.50 Per Child (8 years and up)

This is an individual membership.
Access is limited to the Pistol Bay.

The Bronze level gives you access to the Pistol Bay ONLY, calibers from .22lr up to 50AE. This includes all rifles chambered in pistol calibers.

$275 Annual Fee individual
No Lane Fee
$7.50 Per Child (8 years and up)

The Silver level gives you unlimited access to
both the Pistol and Rifle Bays.

Free firearms rental.
Calibers up to 7.62x39 (30-30) are allowed for rifles. 00 buckshot ONLY for shotguns.

$325 Annual Fee family
No Lane Fee
Significant others & children under 21yrs are included

The Silver level gives you unlimited access to both the Pistol and Rifle Bays.

Free firearms rental.
Calibers up to 7.62x39 (30-30) are allowed for rifles. 00 buckshot ONLY for shotguns..,

What they don't tell you is "rental" firearms REQUIRE you to buy their ammunition

Don't ever buy a lifetime membership to a gun club you've never been to. Use the "try before you buy" approach because you won't get a refund on it. Shoot at each range a few times, get a feel for how they are, the staff, the clientele, etc. Also, try out the perks they offer to members - generally you can pay for those privileges. Doing that will enable you to prioritize what perks actually matter to you.

For example, having used private shooting booths has ruined standard lane shooting for me - it's much quieter, you have more space to set up, your gear isn't piled on a dirty lead-covered floor... it's truly the Cadillac experience of indoor shooting ranges. Unfortunately you don't get those for free at BIR, just discounted pricing. Also, being accustomed to drawing from holster for training, I just can't go back to picking the gun up off the table each time. WCA/BGC's scheduled access to the training bay is a solid perk - if I were into competitive shooting that would definitely pique my interest. Never tried the simulator, would be curious to do so.

Alternatively you could buy a 1 year membership to one club for a year, and a 1 year membership to the other the following year. That way you aren't tied to one specific gun club indefinitely and can more effectively gauge whether membership is actually worth it. It won't get you all the extras at WCA/BGC but it'll at least get you more familiar with each and see which experience you prefer.

Remember, the value proposition for your membership will depend on what you aim to get out of it. Are you planning on shooting every month? Are you going to take family / friends to the range constantly? Are you training for competitions or professional qualifications? Will you be using rifles, handguns, shotguns, or all of the above? If you're a once every few months / pistols only shooter, it'll take you years to break even on your lifetime membership at Wades / Bellevue Indoor Range, and you'll probably never break even on the WCA/BGC.

Having worked at a gun club that offered lifetime memberships, I know from experience at least half of the lifetime membership holders rarely show up. It's like a gym membership where it's free to get in but still costs you every time you use each machine.

Last Edited:
It should also be pointed out that despite the similar name, West Coast Armory in Bellevue and West Coast Armory North in Everett are two separate business entities with different owners, and membership in one does not confer any benefits at the other one.

Don't ever buy a lifetime membership to a gun club you've never been to. Use the "try before you buy" approach because you won't get a refund on it. Shoot at each range a few times, get a feel for how they are, the staff, the clientele, etc. Also, try out the perks they offer to members - generally you can pay for those privileges. Doing that will enable you to prioritize what perks actually matter to you.

For example, having used private shooting booths has ruined standard lane shooting for me - it's much quieter, you have more space to set up, your gear isn't piled on a dirty lead-covered floor... it's truly the Cadillac experience of indoor shooting ranges. Unfortunately you don't get those for free at BIR, just discounted pricing. Also, being accustomed to drawing from holster for training, I just can't go back to picking the gun up off the table each time. WCA/BGC's scheduled access to the training bay is a solid perk - if I were into competitive shooting that would definitely pique my interest. Never tried the simulator, would be curious to do so.

Alternatively you could buy a 1 year membership to one club for a year, and a 1 year membership to the other the following year. That way you aren't tied to one specific gun club indefinitely and can more effectively gauge whether membership is actually worth it. It won't get you all the extras at WCA/BGC but it'll at least get you more familiar with each and see which experience you prefer.

Remember, the value proposition for your membership will depend on what you aim to get out of it. Are you planning on shooting every month? Are you going to take family / friends to the range constantly? Are you training for competitions or professional qualifications? Will you be using rifles, handguns, shotguns, or all of the above? If you're a once every few months / pistols only shooter, it'll take you years to break even on your lifetime membership at Wades / Bellevue Indoor Range, and you'll probably never break even on the WCA/BGC.

Having worked at a gun club that offered lifetime memberships, I know from experience at least half of the lifetime membership holders rarely show up. It's like a gym membership where it's free to get in but still costs you every time you use each machine.
Just a question out of curiosity...
You mention that you like to practice where you can draw your weapon from a holster, is there a gun range in the Seattle area that allows this or do you shoot outdoors on public/private property, ect?
I also would like to practice where holster draw is allowed if there is a local Seattle option.

If you're a member, West Coast Armory North allows you to work from the holster after you show proficiency with doing so to the staff.

Last Edited:
If you become a member at BIR, they will let you after showing proficiency. However, I like to train the way I intend to fight, which means putting rounds on target both quickly and accurately. Unfortunately a lot of ranges don't like "rapid fire". Consequently I just shoot out on public lands where I don't have to worry about someone freaking out about it.

If you can't find a place that will let you practice that, your next best option is dry fire training, SIRT, or both. If you've never tried drawing from holster before with a hot gun, definitely practice dry-fire first and do it slow so you get it right. There are plenty of videos from reputable folks online that teach various techniques. Personally I prefer the 5-step draw.

A belated thank you to all the responses - super appreciated. (I still can't figure out how to "Like" posts on this board, so instead, here's a homemade 👍 to everyone who took the time to share info/insight.)

And I completely understand the recommendation to not jump right into a "Lifetime" membership anywhere; the only reason I was considering, and mentioned, this was that the family lifetime membership at Wades/BIR wasn't too far off in cost from a yearly membership at West Coast Armory/Bellevue Gun Club. I'm not even remotely inclined to drop $2,500 + an annual cost for a lifetime membership, but if I'm going to spend $450 on a yearly membership at the Bellevue Gun Club (the $35 Bronze won't allow me to practice with my rifle, which I very much need to do🔫), or even the same $450 at the Bellevue Indoor Range, that $850 Lifetime membership at BIR starts to seem like a very compelling deal.

Anyways, thank you again, all, and I'll update this thread with more info and/or my decision, once I make one, with the thought that it might be useful for others in the area.

We signed up for a one year family at Bellevue gun when we first moved here. As far as an indoor range goes we like it real well. Staff has always been good, never had issue with lanes and free rentals which turned out to save me some money. We've never been to the other range you mentioned but we might now that we know about it.

I went the Bellevue indoor range multiple times with my colleague who was a lifetime member already. I eventually became a lifetime member as well. No complaints and when you are member you can use the member side. I believe the public side is limited to handguns and 22 caliber only. The membership side you can shoot up to .308 caliber.

I used to take my shotguns a lot until the range changed rules where you can only take a your shotguns the last Friday, Saturday, and Sunday of the month. I typically go with my other colleague where the range allow shotguns to be fired every time I go.

If you rent a gun you must use the range ammo.

Just a question out of curiosity...
You mention that you like to practice where you can draw your weapon from a holster, is there a gun range in the Seattle area that allows this or do you shoot outdoors on public/private property, ect?
I also would like to practice where holster draw is allowed if there is a local Seattle option.
I shoot from the holster at Securite

(I still can't figure out how to "Like" posts on this board, so instead, here's a homemade 👍 to everyone who took the time to share info/insight.)
It's in every post in the lower right corner, furthest left icon... Hovering your cursor over the "Like" icon gives a total of 6 possible reactions.

Screenshot 2022-09-26 225047.jpg

BTW, welcome to The Board, the bestest li'l gun board there is!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA