JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
California plates were everywhere when I visited Boise a couple of years ago and the woman that worked at the visitor's center complained about all the Californians right off the bat when we struck up a conversation.
Phuq'rz are like locusts...

that's why the whole left coast has gone like Kalifornia, and the cancer continues to spread eastward…
Yup. Ideologies don't stop at state lines. It's a cancer. America as a republic with fail in the future.

The problem with moving to escape is that all the people that voted this stuff in are also moving to escape it. The irony escapes them and they will take their votes and ruin the next place.
I'm rather prone to believe in the "locust affect" too (decimate everything and move on to the next). Some communities simply won't tolerate it, so I believe there will always be some bastions of hope, but not for the "wokes" lack of trying.

What was the last figure out of kalifederation? Something like 470,000+ of them left the state last year? The majority being higher income individuals. That's a whole heck of a lot of crazed ideologists released into the wild that aren't going to change their stripes.

It's become such a problem down there that they are attempting to put in place laws to prevent the escape of their residents. An "exit tax" that would allow them to require those leaving to continue to pay kalifederation taxes for a decade after their escape. I typically always oppose clearly illegal laws like that but for once... I actually hope it works and stems the hemorrhaging of "their good citizens" getting out to infect other good upstanding communities.

I feel badly for those genuinely sane individuals that simply found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time in their lives, but maybe it would be possible to write in some exemptions for them on humanitarian grounds(?)

(Kinda satirical, but I bet it all sounds entirely reasonable to some minds... ) 🤣

Stay and fight for your state
Democrat party has capitulated to Antifa, BLM, and every other radical leftist group, resulting in the destruction of Oregon. Pity too, it was a beautiful state. But now we have legalized drugs, legalized crime, and a state government that wants to provide gender exchanges to your 10 year olds…

So very sad…

Democrat party has capitulated to Antifa, BLM, and every other radical leftist group, resulting in the destruction of Oregon. Pity too, it was a beautiful state. But now we have legalized drugs, legalized crime, and a state government that wants to provide gender exchanges to your 10 year olds…

So very sad…
Don't forget the reduction in 2A rights in the name of "safety."

Everything you listed has done more damage to this state and this country then firearms ever will.

Coming to a state near you.

I'm rather prone to believe in the "locust affect" too (decimate everything and move on to the next). Some communities simply won't tolerate it, so I believe there will always be some bastions of hope, but not for the "wokes" lack of trying.

What was the last figure out of kalifederation? Something like 470,000+ of them left the state last year? The majority being higher income individuals. That's a whole heck of a lot of crazed ideologists released into the wild that aren't going to change their stripes.

It's become such a problem down there that they are attempting to put in place laws to prevent the escape of their residents. An "exit tax" that would allow them to require those leaving to continue to pay kalifederation taxes for a decade after their escape. I typically always oppose clearly illegal laws like that but for once... I actually hope it works and stems the hemorrhaging of "their good citizens" getting out to infect other good upstanding communities.

I feel badly for those genuinely sane individuals that simply found themselves in the wrong place at the wrong time in their lives, but maybe it would be possible to write in some exemptions for them on humanitarian grounds(?)

(Kinda satirical, but I bet it all sounds entirely reasonable to some minds... ) 🤣
Remember, there were 40+ million. The majority will stay because they don't like to get wet or cold, Disney Land and they drink the Kool-aid made from Colorado's water.

I think the few that wanted to leave did. The rest have got used to the Check Engine light and will live with it. The average Californian is miserable and happy at the same time.

Look at the last several election cycles. Stacey Abrams is always within a shot of winning something in Georgia. That's not a California thing. The nation is getting woke to baseless ideas.

A) I think the few that wanted to leave did. B) The rest have got used to the Check Engine light and will live with it. C) The average Californian is miserable and happy at the same time.
A) Mostly, but there are more good people you will see moving as well. The only thing that keeps retired LEOs and many other pro 2A people is Cali are grandkids.

B) Northwest Firearms gold here. I'm soooo stealing this one!

C) Nailed it. It's how we were there, but we didn't expect to be in the same place after 11 years in Oregon. They are both beautiful states, you can surround yourself with good people in both places, but you can't run from the anti 2A (and other) politics.

The Williams Clan will be picking up stakes in approximately 4 years. That timeframe also gives us plenty of time to research our final destination, because once we move that'll be it in terms of migrations.

It saddens me that it has to come to this, however, as Oregon truly is a beautiful place and I thought I would grow old here. I have nothing but admiration for the folks that stay and fight the good fight, but like Heracles your fighting the 9-headed hydra: cut off a head and it regenerates. I don't want to live in a state that is attempting and succeeding inch by inch to undermine my fundamental constitutional rights and me worrying about the deluge of legislation that is constantly being pushed through by hook or by crook.

I have lived a long time, maybe too long. Long life you build opinions from the life you have lived by watching what others do.

Trigger warning here so you may want to move on before I make you angry :D

It's my opinion most folks are lazy when it comes to responsibilities. Over the decades I have watched men spend far more time watching sports than than taking care of their country. They are lazy and want someone else to take care of that crap so they can watch the game, go chicken hawks:s0140:

Their kids have never seen the father at a school board meeting and 2 generations of indoctrination has ruined the country and is destroying our gun rights. Men would rather move on than fight because they have nothing invested in the community, they could care less what happens as they will just move.

Decades of that thinking gave us where we are today, f***Ed. Heck you can't even watch a good game nowadays huh?

Point being is running won't change who we are as men but does show what we have become.

So very sad…
Yes,

I understand.

But this is a very rural state. We are mostly about logging and farming.

I know the task is daunting and seems impossible (maybe is)... but there are plenty of us (loggers) who can't just pick up and go. I know plenty with this attitude is stay and fight.

Atleast we have logic on our side... i know its done us no good so far. I'm absolutely baffled how many adults can support what is going on in schools.

But it's time to get pissed off and appeal to reason. I hear that portland is the fastest de-populating city in the nation.

Plenty of people see the problems.

I understand the sentiment of wanting to leave. But plenty of us can't and won't. This is where the timber, or the farm is. This is our home.

America is going down hill in a hurry... yes. And eventually it may be inevitable that there are more people looking for a handout than taking responsibility. At that time the government will seize the opportunity to clamp down on all rights and freedoms. Where will you run then? This fight is far from over.

Last Edited:
I have lived a long time, maybe too long. Long life you build opinions from the life you have lived by watching what others do.

Trigger warning here so you may want to move on before I make you angry :D

It's my opinion most folks are lazy when it comes to responsibilities. Over the decades I have watched men spend far more time watching sports than than taking care of their country. They are lazy and want someone else to take care of that crap so they can watch the game, go chicken hawks:s0140:

Their kids have never seen the father at a school board meeting and 2 generations of indoctrination has ruined the country and is destroying our gun rights. Men would rather move on than fight because they have nothing invested in the community, they could care less what happens as they will just move.

Decades of that thinking gave us where we are today, f***Ed. Heck you can't even watch a good game nowadays huh?

Point being is running won't change who we are as men but does show what we have become.
Life lesson lads,

Listen to the old guys.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top