JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
40+ 35 years driving in Portland w/o an accident or even a ticket and I'm no saint. In the last year I've had two road rage nutjobs cut me off and go on rant in traffic, extend the finger, etc. NEVER engaged even though both were 125 lbs wet.

Just a week ago on Johnson Creek Blvd a driver was going nuts trying to get around me. Closer observation was the car behind him was trying to - not race him - but run him off the road. They were definitely colliding back and forth. I hit the gas and got far away. Not my circus, not my monkey. NEVER seen so many messed up angry people before. IQs dropping, chemicals injecting, standard of living being torpedoed, who knows.

For many years have thought SHTF times would happen overnight. Now it appears it is coming, but just in slow motion.

Last Edited:
40+ years driving in Portland w/o an accident or even a ticket and I'm no saint. In the last year I've had two road rage nutjobs cut me off and go on rant in traffic, extend the finger, etc. NEVER engaged even though both were 125 lbs wet.

Just a week ago on Johnson Creek Blvd a driver was going nuts trying to get around me. Closer observation was the car behind him was trying to - not race him - but run him off the road. They were definitely colliding back and forth. I hit the gas and got far away. Not my circus, not my monkey. NEVER seen so many messed up angry people before. IQs dropping, chemicals injecting, standard of living being torpedoed, who knows.

For many years have thought SHTF times would happen overnight. Now it appears it is coming, but just in slow motion.
Out running around with Wife today and saw a damn good one. 4 lane road with the island dividers. I see some moron behind me having a temper tantrum that traffic was only going 5 over posted. He was pulling a LARGE chipper and tried to pull a couple quick lane changes to get maybe one car further. He lost control and the chipper went for a tumble down the road. He did stop so I kept going. If I had been behind the moron I would have called the Police to let them know they could have a copy of the video since I am sure he had some good tale worked out by the time they rolled up. Hope his boss kicks him to the curb.

40+ years driving in Portland w/o an accident or even a ticket and I'm no saint. In the last year I've had two road rage nutjobs cut me off and go on rant in traffic, extend the finger, etc. NEVER engaged even though both were 125 lbs wet.

I drive a HUGE white commercially marked service rig (I call it Moby Dick) and I watch what I call "road rage bumper pool" going on all day, everyday.

Yes… SHTF is apparently turning out to be a slow boil, whodathunkit?

Out running around with Wife today and saw a damn good one. 4 lane road with the island dividers. I see some moron behind me having a temper tantrum that traffic was only going 5 over posted. He was pulling a LARGE chipper and tried to pull a couple quick lane changes to get maybe one car further. He lost control and the chipper went for a tumble down the road. He did stop so I kept going. If I had been behind the moron I would have called the Police to let them know they could have a copy of the video since I am sure he had some good tale worked out by the time they rolled up. Hope his boss kicks him to the curb.
As in chipper-shredder?
IMG_2412.jpeg

One of my downtown accounts contacted me this morning. They are breaking their lease on their professional office space near SW 2nd. Oddly enough, their clients don't want to step over tents, bums, feces and needles for the privilege of paying $350/hr for legal advice. People are so petty these days. :s0114:

It is sad and I expect it to get worse as more businesses and tax paying residents leave. Sorry to say, but the people of Portland got what they voted for by electing a bunch of woke politicians with ideological fantasies that are out of touch with reality. And, they keep voting the same way for the same people and expect things to change. Nope, Portland is dying and is pulling Oregon down with it. RIP.

Now we got ambulance chasers suing for technical ADA violations
Maybe throw out a couple brief ideas of what businesses and nature of complaint? I'm forced to watch too many of their damned commercials 3 minutes at a time every 8 minutes when I watch their station on TV, just don't want to disable my ad blocker to read their biased crap on the computer.

RE ADA complaints. How many sidewalks in potland have been blocked by homeless dregs in the past four years? We had a G-D homeless camp on our street, half a block from our home, blocking a sidewalk for near two years! And a "Zombie" house with squatters three houses away during that time!

Maybe throw out a couple brief ideas of what businesses and nature of complaint? I'm forced to watch too many of their damned commercials 3 minutes at a time every 8 minutes when I watch their station on TV, just don't want to disable my ad blocker to read their biased crap on the computer.

RE ADA complaints. How many sidewalks in potland have been blocked by homeless dregs in the past four years? We had a G-D homeless camp on our street, half a block from our home, blocking a sidewalk for near two years! And a "Zombie" house with squatters three houses away during that time!
It doesn't have anything to do with Ada accessibility. It's a racket. It's all about the money the lawyers and clients are taking from people who have no other choice. These people have their own little place in hell waiting for them.

It's all about the money the lawyers and clients are taking from people who have no other choice. These people have their own little place in hell waiting for them.
Isn't it most of the time. I just wondered what a couple specific complaints/businesses were.

Mostly van parking spaces and ramps not being in spec.

As I said, it is a couple of ambulance chasers who seek to extort some attorneys fees to make the lawsuit go away.
Thank you! Sounds just like you said.
Here a few years ago this city was tearing out perfectly good street corners that were only 4-6 years old and redoing the ramps.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top