JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
...and people who are not anarchists... :rolleyes: (I was kicked off their forum, so much for "tolerance"...)

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know your username on that board nor the thread but if Quiz booted you it was for blatant violation of the board TOS. Tolerance does not necessarily mean they must tolerate trolling, and there is quite a lot of it. There are plenty of conservative/Libertarians who have been there for years and have become valued members of the community. They also accept good natured jibes and give as good as the get.

100% agree. The DNC has made gun control a primary plank in their platform. Used to be they would shy away from talking about it during an election, now they run on it. Their fear of reprisal has gone away since too many D voters have continued to support them even though they fight for more gun control.

I think the only way to stop this is if Democrat voters that really care about 2A rights use their votes to punish Democrat politicians that push for gun control - by not voting for them, for several election cycles, if necessary, and make sure they know that gun control is why they are losing D votes. Conservatives don't have that power, only current Democrat voters have that power. Vote for anyone else, it doesn't even have to be a Republican, but punish any politician that supports gun control - in any form.
Good sentiments Erik. Filling out the last ballot was like playing a game of chess but I did it. If only we had more McCall Republicans in this state. *sigh*

I and every conservative I know have zero problems with "welfare" and Government "help". The programs were set up for a reason. The "problem" comes where the programs are set up to train people to forever have their hand out. I went back to college one time on Trade Act. A Fed program. Was glad to take it. I had to monthly turn in paper from my College. Showing my GPA and attendance. Can't remember what the min was since my attendance was always 100% and my GPA was a 4.0. Yet every few months I got a letter from my "case worker" saying I had a few days to get in to see her or money would be cut off. I would drive over after school to see WTF she wanted now. Every time it was "what can we do to help you?". It was real hard to say leave me the hell alone. I would smile, listen to her crap, say good bye and go home to do homework. The program was trying to make sure you could not use it and walk away. You were supposed to keep asking for more. I have zero problem with someone using the safety net for that, a net to get them back on track. Where I have a problem is the young guys I see standing outside the grocery store with a sign. Wanting money. When across the street is a day labor joint. Work there that day get paid that day. My kids did some work there after school. One used it to find a great job. When I got out of College one time I went to work for them for a few days till I got a new job. That SCUM standing there with a sign could easily go there too. He would rather I just hand him money I worked for while he also is tapped into everything the welfare has to offer.
Yes, I think you're right when you say that a lot of those programs have been designed to keep people forever beholden to the gov assistance...
We were actually receiving TOO MUCH money from the state, our bi-monthly check was around $400 higher than what we qualified for, if I remember correctly. Believe it or not, we actually tried to do the right thing by contacting the caseworker and letting them know- they didn't care at all and kept sending us the wrong, higher amount. At least we have the paper trail to prove that we did everything on the up-and-up in case the state ever comes back at us. :rolleyes::rolleyes::confused:

100% agree. The DNC has made gun control a primary plank in their platform. Used to be they would shy away from talking about it during an election, now they run on it. Their fear of reprisal has gone away since too many D voters have continued to support them even though they fight for more gun control.

I think the only way to stop this is if Democrat voters that really care about 2A rights use their votes to punish Democrat politicians that push for gun control - by not voting for them, for several election cycles, if necessary, and make sure they know that gun control is why they are losing D votes. Conservatives don't have that power, only current Democrat voters have that power. Vote for anyone else, it doesn't even have to be a Republican, but punish any politician that supports gun control - in any form.

The other way to stop it is if the Dems would actually talk to their constituents in Fly-over country, seems big-city elites thought theirs was the only opinion that mattered.

Sorry to burst any Utopian bubbles out there:
- If they'll vote for liberals they're already voting for gun control
- Merely owning a gun doesn't mean you support other people owning guns
- Push comes to shove they'll register their guns and turn in anyone they know that has guns.
It's sad and sickening to know how true this is. This should never have had anything to do with partisan politics, but that's exactly where we are today. There was an article some time ago about a liberal reporter buying a gun and being scared to death that it might, well, I really don't know what it was supposed to do, but the idiot was afraid of it. If those people are buying guns, you can bet they will be the ones asking the government for moral guidance. That moral guidance will be the government mandating training for gun owners. I have fought long and hard against forced morality. Not against responsibility because I feel strongly that we do in fact have responsibilities as gun owners. But the government is NOT in control of our religious dogma or should be our moral compass.

I hope that these people don't turn into the very irresponsible gun owners that they rail against.

The other way to stop it is if the Dems would actually talk to their constituents in Fly-over country, seems big-city elites thought theirs was the only opinion that mattered.

I think this election showed that the Democrat party has lost touch with certain groups of Americans, instead choosing to focus on special groups of voters they consider key to their victory. I've seen Republicans do it before too. From what I've been able to find, most of America is somewhere more in the middle, either middle-left or middle-right, yet the extremists on both sides get most of the media attention. Obama, Hillary and folks like Kate Brown are running hard left right now, which panned out, at least on a national level, leading to their defeat - and I don't think any of them saw it coming - middle America revolted and actually went for Trump - and that shocked a lot of people.

I think this election showed that the Democrat party has lost touch with certain groups of Americans, instead choosing to focus on special groups of voters they consider key to their victory. I've seen Republicans do it before too. From what I've been able to find, most of America is somewhere more in the middle, either middle-left or middle-right, yet the extremists on both sides get most of the media attention. Obama, Hillary and folks like Kate Brown are running hard left right now, which panned out, at least on a national level, leading to their defeat - and I don't think any of them saw it coming - middle America revolted and actually went for Trump - and that shocked a lot of people.
There's not much middle remaining. Trump rode the wave of anger, Hillary netted the yellow dog bunch, but the determining factor were those who said "a plague on both your houses" and either voted like I did (no confidence) or didn't show up.

There's not much middle remaining. Trump rode the wave of anger, Hillary netted the yellow dog bunch, but the determining factor were those who said "a plague on both your houses" and either voted like I did (no confidence) or didn't show up.

I don't think they're gone, I just think they're bummed out by the extremes on both sides. I do think a lot of folks sat this one out. But it's true that some Democrats went 'blue dog' this year and cast their votes for Trump, especially in the upper midwest. It wasn't a stunning victory with a mandate by any means, but Hillary did lose votes to Trump among Democrats - similar to what happened to Carter in 1980. I have a feeling they'll be analyzing this election for years to come. I know a number of lifelong Democrats that, even with Trump's negatives, felt Hillary was worse, and cast their votes for 'other', or, in some cases, for Trump. Pretty darn shocking.

To return this back to the original topic, I have been personally seeing more of my more "liberal" friends fearing for their own personal safety due to the NAZIs (I refuse to call them alt-right) who have felt emboldened by Trump's victory and personally threaten and attack them. They are now arming and taking up training. I had one call me up the other day asking about how to procure a CHL; this is someone who once chided me for carrying. These are indeed interesting times.

To return this back to the original topic, I have been personally seeing more of my more "liberal" friends fearing for their own personal safety due to the NAZIs (I refuse to call them alt-right) who have felt emboldened by Trump's victory and personally threaten and attack them. They are now arming and taking up training. I had one call me up the other day asking about how to procure a CHL; this is someone who once chided me for carrying. These are indeed interesting times.

I have a former co-worker who feels that way as well - never an interest in guns, until Trump was elected. It's unfortunate that a very small number of folks feel emboldened by Trump's win and somehow believes that means that it's okay to be a racist bigot, a neo-Nazi, KKK member, etc. It's funny, Trump has never stood for those things and it was only after he began running for President that anyone called him racist. It was an attempt to attack him with a phony narrative (he was never considered racist before his run), and I think that back-fired, because it encouraged some of the dirty filth to come out of the woodwork. To be fair, they are the extreme of the extreme - and I don't know of a single conservative, a single Republican, that would support them or condone such actions. If I saw someone pulling that crap, I would step in myself - there is no justification for threats of any kind.

I have a former co-worker who feels that way as well - never an interest in guns, until Trump was elected. It's unfortunate that a very small number of folks feel emboldened by Trump's win and somehow believes that means that it's okay to be a racist bigot, a neo-Nazi, KKK member, etc. It's funny, Trump has never stood for those things and it was only after he began running for President that anyone called him racist. It was an attempt to attack him with a phony narrative (he was never considered racist before his run), and I think that back-fired, because it encouraged some of the dirty filth to come out of the woodwork. To be fair, they are the extreme of the extreme - and I don't know of a single conservative, a single Republican, that would support them or condone such actions. If I saw someone pulling that crap, I would step in myself - there is no justification for threats of any kind.
Erik, I agree with you. The problem now is just as "liberals" have been tainted with the actions of DiFi/Hillary/the host of gun grabbers the "conservatives" are equally tainted by the religious right/"alt-right" (KKK,NAZIs et.al.) when, in reality, the bulk of us are all somewhere in the middle just wanting to live our lives in peace and security.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top