JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
SB941 not having an exemption for CRFFL's, and less so CHL holders, was a pretty lame deal.

I'm not too worried about anyone finding out what guns I have, except criminals intending to rob me.
I also doubt an app on my phone will allow me to inventory a lot of items in "the collection"... and I prefer hand writing everything like that anyway.

Some departments still have the 10 lb trigger safety bs.
Ah, yes, the New York City Special NY-2 module, because the finger-breaking New York ONE wasn't heavy ENOUGH!

Whoever came up with that should be given one and a thousand-round case of ammo, chained to a bench at the range and told "you don't get to leave until you've fired them ALL, AND picked up ALL the brass. And if you don't make at least an 80% score, you're right back here doing it again every day until you DO..."

Ah, yes, the New York City Special NY-2 module, because the finger-breaking New York ONE wasn't heavy ENOUGH!

Whoever came up with that should be given one and a thousand-round case of ammo, chained to a bench at the range and told "you don't get to leave until you've fired them ALL, AND picked up ALL the brass. And if you don't make at least an 80% score, you're right back here doing it again every day until you DO..."
Don't have the person at the bench, make said person stand. And make the person wear the same gear as well. They have to do that while dealing with the weight of the vest and everything else an officer has on them.

And no fan either, might as well make it uncomfortable also.

Don't have the person at the bench, make said person stand. And make the person wear the same gear as well. They have to do that while dealing with the weight of the vest and everything else an officer has on them.

And no fan either, might as well make it uncomfortable also.
And make it either the hottest part of summer or coldest of winter... AND they have some REMF waste-of-viable-organs haranguing over their shoulder the whole time...

Dude, you just proved that clowns really ARE evil. (So am I, but I'm straight-up about being a student of the Darth Vader School of Human Relations.)

.40S&W - The wrong answer to limp wristed badge toting bean counters' problems with shot placement and recoil management, as well as lowered physical standards.

I agree it was a lot of effort for what the need was, but I really like the round. It's not my favorite, but it's a good one on it's own merits. Kind of what the thought behind the 41 Magnum was, only the 40 hit a lot closer to the mark. (The 41 Mag is way more powerful than anticipated)

.40S&W - The wrong answer to limp wristed badge toting bean counters' problems with shot placement and recoil management, as well as lowered physical standards.

Ohio State Patrol used to, as part of their testing process, mandate prospective candidates be able to pull the 12lb DAO trigger on their issued P220 a minimum of 12 times in IIRC 4 seconds or something like that. This weeded out folks with small hands and weak grips without outright saying no girls or sissy men allowed :D that was 15 years ago though, when I was still pursuing such career and looking at hiring requirements. They probably switched to Glocks since then...
Oregon State Police had a requirement to be able to pull the DA trigger six times on a S&W 686 in the initial application process until the early 90's. Long gone now as switched to semi autos in 93.

I agree it was a lot of effort for what the need was, but I really like the round. It's not my favorite, but it's a good one on it's own merits. Kind of what the thought behind the 41 Magnum was, only the 40 hit a lot closer to the mark. (The 41 Mag is way more powerful than anticipated)
You must be thinking of the .41 Magnum Police Load (210/1000 roughly), the regular .41 Magnum is pretty close to the .44 Magnum.

I have little reason carry around my firearm inventory. If I am going to have my inventory on an electronic device, it will be my computer, not my smartphone that is too easily accessed or lost.

+1. I do keep a spreadsheet with all the details of our collection on a local PC, and it is used to update our Trust when necessary, but I don't see any reason to carry it around. The only records I do carry are copies of our approved NFA forms. And those are hard-copies, not on a phone.

+1. I do keep a spreadsheet with all the details of our collection on a local PC, and it is used to update our Trust when necessary, but I don't see any reason to carry it around. The only records I do carry are copies of our approved NFA forms. And those are hard-copies, not on a phone.
You brought a good point to my mind!
Do you think the ATF or other law enforcement would accept your inventory or licensing forms on your phone?

I bought a S&W .41 mag 4" barrel revolver marked "SFPD" in nice big engraving on the side. It was really a nice weapon and a hoot to shoot. Factory loads had quite a bit of zip judging only from the recoil, but not as much recoil as a buddy's Ruger Blackhawk .44mag. Bought it at a pawn shop, hmmm, I wonder if it was hot.

Example:
a5acc27ff4eaaf4b588f7df834842c2e.jpg

Last Edited:
You brought a good point to my mind!
Do you think the ATF or other law enforcement would accept your inventory or licensing forms on your phone?

Interesting question. The actual law here in Oregon reads (with emphasis added):

2015 ORS 166.272¹

Unlawful possession of machine guns, certain short-barreled firearms and firearms silencers

(1) A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer if the person knowingly possesses any machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer.
(2) Unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is a Class B felony.
(3) A peace officer may not arrest or charge a person for violating subsection (1) of this section if the person has in the person's immediate possession documentation showing that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is registered as required under federal law.
(4) It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) of this section that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer was registered as required under federal law. [1989 c.839 §13a; 1997 c.749 §8; 1997 c.798 §1]
So would a scanned copy of your Form 1 or 4 on your smart phone meet the requirements? I honestly don't know, though it wouldn't be all that different than a photocopy of the F1/F4.

Last Edited:
10mm should be the official cartridge of Amazon. Could have used a smaller box.

And why the hell does it have a large pistol primer? Because that cartridge was designed by the "bottom of the list" crew. A dick measuring contest in a brass case.

Still freakin' awesome ballistics out of a semi-auto and the caliber that I NEVER feel under-gunned with.

Why would anyone mess around with 40 S&W when there are better options for 9mm slide length pistols, like 9mm or 357 sig?

But you want bad gun ideas:
s1 Pepper Spray Gun Starter Kit (Black) - Salt Supply Co

You want awesome gun ideas:
Bug-A-Salt: The Original Salt Gun

Interesting question. The actual law here in Oregon reads (with emphasis added):

2015 ORS 166.272¹

Unlawful possession of machine guns, certain short-barreled firearms and firearms silencers

(1) A person commits the crime of unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer if the person knowingly possesses any machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer.
(2) Unlawful possession of a machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is a Class B felony.
(3) A peace officer may not arrest or charge a person for violating subsection (1) of this section if the person has in the person's immediate possession documentation showing that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer is registered as required under federal law.
(4) It is an affirmative defense to a charge of violating subsection (1) of this section that the machine gun, short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun or firearms silencer was registered as required under federal law. [1989 c.839 §13a; 1997 c.749 §8; 1997 c.798 §1]
So would a scanned copy of your Form 1 or 4 on your smart phone meet the requirements? I honestly don't know, though it wouldn't be all that different than a photocopy of the F1/F4.
I suppose it depends on how legible the pictures or pdf on your phone would be, but to me a hard copy seems a lot more legitimate.

And make it either the hottest part of summer or coldest of winter... AND they have some REMF waste-of-viable-organs haranguing over their shoulder the whole time...

Dude, you just proved that clowns really ARE evil. (So am I, but I'm straight-up about being a student of the Darth Vader School of Human Relations.)
We're not evil. I'd let him have a bottle of water.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top