JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I'll start off...I'm sure some of you saw this...not really my cup of tea and def makes me think twice about using this distributor.....I get JIT inventory and the like.....but what happens when uncle G would like to look at those records......

Screenshot_2017-12-27-20-06-41.png

I prefer to not hide* anything but not promote it to a bunch of people I don't know....esp given data breeches, hackers, and Russian collusion situations.

What bad ideas in the FA community have you seen recently?

Last Edited:
9mm. The 100+ year old problem that keeps getting solved and then reintroduced by the bean counters.

SHOTS FIRED!

.40S&W - The wrong answer to limp wristed badge toting bean counters' problems with shot placement and recoil management, as well as lowered physical standards.

Ohio State Patrol used to, as part of their testing process, mandate prospective candidates be able to pull the 12lb DAO trigger on their issued P220 a minimum of 12 times in IIRC 4 seconds or something like that. This weeded out folks with small hands and weak grips without outright saying no girls or sissy men allowed :D that was 15 years ago though, when I was still pursuing such career and looking at hiring requirements. They probably switched to Glocks since then...

.40S&W - The wrong answer to limp wristed badge toting bean counters' problems with shot placement and recoil management, as well as lowered physical standards.

Ohio State Patrol used to, as part of their testing process, mandate prospective candidates be able to pull the 12lb DAO trigger on their issued P220 a minimum of 12 times in IIRC 4 seconds or something like that. This weeded out folks with small hands and weak grips without outright saying no girls or sissy men allowed :D that was 15 years ago though, when I was still pursuing such career and looking at hiring requirements. They probably switched to Glocks since then...

If you cant shoot 40....well....there's always golf or botany.

Glocks at 6to 7lbs lol better but not great with S#!+ Sites lol

I actually like the app idea. You could probably use it on a device that was not connected to the internet to squash all your privacy fears.

Inventory apps have been around for quite a while. The problem is who has access to these devices that are almost always connected to some kind of network with who knows what kind of access?

Most conventional computers seem to have better security with regards to access than most smartphones.

I have little reason carry around my firearm inventory. If I am going to have my inventory on an electronic device, it will be my computer, not my smartphone that is too easily accessed or lost.

I think this is a terrible idea, but Buds gun shop is pretty legit.

I live in Kentucky for a year or so and went to Buds often and they were an awesome shop with great people.

Hands down the best indoor range I've been to.

10mm should be the official cartridge of Amazon. Could have used a smaller box.

Dude, I got an amazon gift card for Christmas. I ordered 3 spools of Seaguar Flourocarbon, 4 packs of Gamakatsu hooks, and 3 hanks of crystal flash fly tying material. 3 of the 4 hook packs came today. In an 8x10x3 box filled with packing pillows. Could've sent them in an envelope...One pack of hooks and the spools of line shipped from a different center. They probably shipped that in a refridgerator box o_O

So I'll start off...I'm sure some of you saw this...not really my cup of tea and def makes me think twice about using this distributor.....I get JIT inventory and the like.....but what happens when uncle G would like to look at those records......

View attachment 416504

I prefer to not hide* anything but not promote it to a bunch of people I don't know....esp given data breeches, hackers, and Russian collusion situations.

What bad ideas in the FA community have you seen recently?
In principle I like the idea of inventory software, in fact I DON'T like the idea of such software having ANY internet link other than to download updates for itself. Manual data entry, preferably with password protect and a killswitch to nuke itself and its database after 2-3 missed password attempts or pushing and confirming a "Destruct Button".

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top