JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Looks like new pistol point based system will begin in August.

So sometime in June, ATF's new definitions and regulations will go into effect for the receivers, silencers, other categories, and sometime in August the rules will go into effect for pistol stabilizing brace-equipped firearms.

The prerequisites state that the firearm needs to measure between 12 and 26 inches in length to proceed with point tally worksheet. Presumably a retailer could still sell a 26.1+ inch long braced pistol and not be subject to point tally worksheet. I guess they could go ahead and add a vertical foregrip to make it a "firearm". It won't be super compact but it will still leave room for retailers to sell something shorter than a rifle and utilize their pistol brace inventories. Adding 26.5 inch firearm build to my list of projects. I have an SBA4 brace looking for something to do.

The prerequisites state that the firearm needs to measure between 12 and 26 inches in length to proceed with point tally worksheet. Presumably a retailer could still sell a 26.1+ inch long braced pistol and not be subject to point tally worksheet. I guess they could go ahead and add a vertical foregrip to make it a "firearm". It won't be super compact but it will still leave room for retailers to sell something shorter than a rifle and utilize their pistol brace inventories. Adding 26.5 inch firearm build to my list of projects. I have an SBA4 brace looking for something to do.
Where measure from? End of buffer tube to muzzle crown without device?
End of receiver (no buffer tube) to muzzle crown, no device?
Edit or
End of fully extended "brace" to end of barrel with device? :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top