JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8-9.jpg

A few years ago my wife wanted to go to Mt Lassen and see the thermo stuff, going into California they asked about produce but then saw I had firewood holding down the tarp in the back of the truck and asked I had any more. Of course I did, working for the BLM and going camping for a week. They checked over ever piece looking for Oak but all I had was prime straight grained fir.

I'll also point out that BOTH of these shootings in California ended when an unarmed person attacked the shooter and stopped them. As a gun advocate, of course the BEST solution is a well armed populace where a mass shooter will likely encounter others that are armed. We've had a fair number of mass shootings that terminate when an armed citizen stops it. But even in the absence of a well armed person, it doesn't mean people should cower and get picked off.
We also need to be teaching the power of the crowd. A determined crowd is a force to be reckoned with. We saw that decades ago in the Thurston High shooting in Springfield. Once people recognize that cowering and getting shot leaves you just as dead as charging and getting shot, you might as well try.

Pick up something and throw it. Dozens of inbound heavy objects thrown by dozens of people will stop the perpetrator from shooting. Guns don't stop inbound heavy objects. School classrooms are great in this regards, tarting around 4th grade, students can throw desks. It is hard to shoot people from the bottom of a pile of 25 desks. Once the person cowers, take them out.

Sometimes shooters are stupid, like the recent Colorado night club. There, the perpetrator stood in the middle of the room and wasn't even watching his backside. He was taken down by a pissed off retired marine.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top