JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
By this "source" (we all know the political leanings of the GVA) there are 25 (not 33, as NPR states) incidents listed. However, when we apply the FBI's own definition of at least 4 people killed in order to qualify as a mass shooting (as @L84Cabo notes), that narrows it down to just 3. The FBI's definition does not include the perpetrator as part of the death tally, so the one instance of 4 deaths may not actually be a mass shooting if the shooter died in it, so that may lower the number of mass shootings to just two...

Last Edited:
The Congressional Research Service's interpretation is that a "mass shooting" involves four or more victims deaths.
FIFY

Mother Jones, even...

"An FBI crime classification report from 2005 identifies an individual as a mass murderer if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (The baseline of four fatalities is key—more on that just below.)"

they did not
but I have many friends my age down there that still have guns stashed away
you don't think all those Californian registered their pre-ban firearms, do you?
No.
But a lot good their hidden guns do when they cant use them.

No.
But a lot good their hidden guns do when they cant use them.
I talked to an old friend in California on the phone last night
once a month he and his son and grandsons drive up to his daughter's place outside of Reno to shoot
and again I bragged I just walk out my front door to shoot - have swinging steel just 30 yrds off my front porch

I talked to an old friend in California on the phone last night
once a month he and his son and grandsons drive up to his daughter's place outside of Reno to shoot
and again I bragged I just walk out my front door to shoot - have swinging steel just 30 yrds off my front porch
Well, private land aside....
Imagine the risk they take just to drive anywhere to target shoot their hidden guns.

Man, I wish they COULD actually exert some mind control! We'd all be better off...

From 1988 to 2021, NPR broadcast an annual reading of the 1776 United States Declaration of Independence over the radio. In 2017, it began using Twitter as a medium for reading the document as well. On July 4, 2017, the 100+ tweets were met with considerable opposition, some online supporters of Donald Trump mistakenly believing the words of the Declaration referring to George III of the United Kingdom to be directed towards the president. The tweets were called "trash" and were accused of being "propaganda", condoning violence and calling for revolution. The July 4, 2022 annual tradition was not held. Instead, referencing the recent Dobbs decision and voting rights, host Steve Innskeep held a discussion on "what equality means" with two historians.
They tell you what to think, what ever that may be at the time. This and that happened, and why it was Trumps fault. This and that is happening because of white people. Call this hotline to report white supremacy. I usually can't go a few minutes without screaming in anger with NPR on.

Well, private land aside....
Imagine the risk they take just to drive anywhere to target shoot their hidden guns.
they're not checking for guns at the California borders - just produce
I drove down last year in my Subaru - they wanted to look in my cooler, not my back hatch area
I had 4 pistols , 2 rifles and a Mossberg Shockwave in locked cases with ammo in a sperate locked container
completely legal for travel in California
when we checked into hotels, I loaded all the weapons cases on the luggage cart and hauled them up to my room
SWAT never raided my room during the entire trip

They have checkpoints?
They have checkpoints in WA at ports of entry, but they're for invasive aquatic weed species.

We haven't gotten to the point of being searched by Jackboot Jay's Geheime Staatspolizei just yet...

Ive been fortunate to have never needed to travel there.
My last foray into the PRC was back in 2011. Was never so glad to see a place in the rear view mirror as that shiithole... except Houston in 1983.
That one really took the cake... :s0140:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class