JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Interesting tidbit form banta v Ferguson suit in wa regarding hb1240.

793733A6-7298-4327-B051-2D5C2D0CD924.jpeg

Worth reading the plaintiffs arguments from July 15 if interested. Some really well made arguments in it by Paul Clement, the very sharp and respected attorney who won Bruen.

Note that the 0.000005% is from the state's estimate of 6-8 million ARs owned. But a Georgetown university study in 2021 showed 24.6 million ARs are owned in usa. Using that figure, the number of ARs used in mass shootings is 0.000001%

Last Edited:
The data on illegal acts with firearms has always shown that handguns were the primary weapon used to commit crimes. There was an attempt to add handguns to the NFA way back in the 1930s (how we wound up with "short-barreled rifles"). Many of the gun control groups that exist today had their roots in trying to ban handguns in the 1980s without much success. The Brady Group was founded in 1974 as the "National Council to Control Handguns".

Point I'm trying to make is that long guns, particularly what some people might call "assault weapons", are rarely used to commit crime in the grand scheme of things. I am not aware of any data that points towards them being more dangerous than handguns and attempts to ban their possession is entirely based on feelings and not facts.

Look, let's stop "straining at gnats" and trying to count "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin", because we all know "facts and figures" don't mean a damned thing and "saving lives" is not the reason behind why they want to disarm the populace.

They know it, we know it, and they know that we know it. :rolleyes:o_O

Last Edited:
Look, let's stop "straining at gnats" and trying to count "how many angles can dance on the head of a pin", because we all know "facts and figures" don't mean a damned thing and "saving lives" is not the reason behind why they want to disarm the populace.

They know it, we know it, and they know that we know it. :rolleyes:o_O
And, they know that we know that they know that we know that they hate us for knowing.

As I said in a different thread :

A murderer takes a AR15 ...
Shoots however many shots you care to name....
Using magazines that hold however many rounds you say...
While using any ammo you specify...
While committing his crime...

A gun owner...shooting that same AR15....
Shooting the same number of shots...
Along with the same ammo and magazines ...
At a gun range , at his targets...

If the problem were actually with the gun , ammo and magazines...
Then the results of the law abiding gun owner would be the same as the murderer.

The problem here ain't with guns , magazines or ammo....
Or the gun owners who enjoy them

The problem is with criminals who commit crimes.
Andy

The anti-gunners don't care about any of this, all they care about is stripping us of our rights, disarming the American population and turning this country into a serfdom where they are kings and queens and we are all mindless, weak and helpless peasants to be ruled over because we're all too stupid to take care of ourselves.

How many angles can you get on the head of a pin?
LMAO! Depends on the parabolic deflection of the pinhead, of course! :s0140:

That reminds me… some years back during my mid-teens, this doofus at our school self tattooed (using BIC pen ink and a needle) his girlfriend's name (which was Angel) on his upper arm, and my buddy asked, "who's Angle "?

DOH!! :eek:

Last Edited:
The anti-gunners don't care about any of this, all they care about is stripping us of our rights, disarming the American population and turning this country into a serfdom where they are kings and queens and we are all mindless, weak and helpless peasants to be ruled over because we're all too stupid to take care of ourselves.

Spot FRAKIN' on! :s0155:

As I said in a different thread :

A murderer takes a AR15 ...
Shoots however many shots you care to name....
Using magazines that hold however many rounds you say...
While using any ammo you specify...
While committing his crime...

A gun owner...shooting that same AR15....
Shooting the same number of shots...
Along with the same ammo and magazines ...
At a gun range , at his targets...

If the problem were actually with the gun , ammo and magazines...
Then the results of the law abiding gun owner would be the same as the murderer.

The problem here ain't with guns , magazines or ammo....
Or the gun owners who enjoy them

The problem is with criminals who commit crimes.
Andy
This is true, but also deceptive because it makes it sound like the people that commit mass shootings were already criminals.

This is true, but also deceptive because it makes it sound like the people that commit mass shootings were already criminals.
You're not a criminal until you decide to commit a crime. Unfortunately, many of the mass shooters are not criminals prior to purchasing a gun to kill people.

Nope...it ain't deceptive.
Since you ain't a criminal....till you commit a crime.

And....
Even if a person who is already a criminal uses a AR15 while committing yet another crime....
That does not compare whatsoever with what a lawful gun owner does with his AR15.

In any event..I ain't gonna argue with you.
Any further comments from you regarding my posts here in this thread...will be ignored.
Andy

Last Edited:
Nope...it ain't deceptive.
Since you ain't a criminal....till you commit a crime.

And....
Even if a person who is a already a criminal uses a AR15 while committing yet another crime....
That does not compare whatsoever with what a lawful gun owner does with his AR15.

In any event..I ain't gonna argue with you.
Any further comments from you regarding my posts here in this thread...will be ignored.
Andy
I take it our resident troll is back? So glad for the ignore feature. I can bet who it is.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews