JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I try to inject humor.

My take on the statistical assault isn't that it's insulting, merely exhausting.
Ah, right. In order to maintain a degree of harmony and not upset too many of you guys at the same time, I've pulled my 'offending' posts, in the certainty that anybody can look up the figures the same way that I did, and make their own call.

Ah, right. In order to maintain a degree of harmony and not upset too many of you guys at the same time, I've pulled my 'offending' posts, in the certainty that anybody can look up the figures the same way that I did, and make their own call.
Always keep in mind our figures are quite often cooked. I have seen unsubstantiated reports of being hit by deflected bbs from an air rifle counted in mass shootings last year. (I wish I was joking)

Just MORE PROOF the laws the People's Republik of Kalifornica have enacted are simply FAILURES. But the methods of the Nanny State when they fail is to implement more failures in yet another attempt to control the sheeple.

Well let's remember that a "mass shooting" is defined as a shooting in which more than 2 people are killed or injured by a firearm.

These types of shootings happen almost every weekend across the country in ghetto crime ridden neighborhoods (in states with the strictest gun control might I add, but they don't talk about that)

By definition, I would believe that number.

But you're only going to hear about the ones that make the headlines. Angry white male shoots up a school / grocery store / concert etc etc. I've followed many mass shootings that started out with major news coverage, only to find out later that the person was either a non-white person or a crazy radical left wing psycho. Then the news story disappears.

Well let's remember that a "mass shooting" is defined as a shooting in which more than 2 people are killed or injured by a firearm.

These types of shootings happen almost every weekend across the country in ghetto crime ridden neighborhoods (in states with the strictest gun control might I add, but they don't talk about that)

By definition, I would believe that number.

But you're only going to hear about the ones that make the headlines. Angry white male shoots up a school / grocery store / concert etc etc. I've followed many mass shootings that started out with major news coverage, only to find out later that the person was either a non-white person or a crazy radical left wing psycho. Then the news story disappears.
Sorry, the definition is not 2.

mass shooting, also called active shooter incident, as defined by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), an event in which one or more individuals are "actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter's use of a firearm." The FBI has not set a minimum number of casualties to qualify an event as a mass shooting, but U.S. statute (the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012) defines a "mass killing" as "3 or more killings in a single incident."

In the 1980s, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defined mass murderer as someone who "kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location" (Krouse and Richardson, 2015). In 2013, Congress defined mass killing as a single incident that leaves three or more people dead (Pub. L. 112-265, 2013).

But we live in a day in which we change definitions to fit the agenda, hence the ever changing (made up) term "assault weapon."

mass shooting, also called active shooter incident, as defined by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), an event in which one or more individuals are "actively engaged in killing or attempting to kill people in a populated area. Implicit in this definition is the shooter's use of a firearm." The FBI has not set a minimum number of casualties to qualify an event as a mass shooting, but U.S. statute (the Investigative Assistance for Violent Crimes Act of 2012) defines a "mass killing" as "3 or more killings in a single incident."

In the 1980s, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) defined mass murderer as someone who "kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location" (Krouse and Richardson, 2015). In 2013, Congress defined mass killing as a single incident that leaves three or more people dead (Pub. L. 112-265, 2013).

But we live in a day in which we change definitions to fit the agenda, hence the ever changing (made up) term "assault weapon."
Ah crap. The 2 I was referring to was actually a 3 it looks like. But thanks for that because it looks like whether it's 2 or 3 or 10 the fbi doesn't state a number.

Ah crap. The 2 I was referring to was actually a 3 it looks like. But thanks for that because it looks like whether it's 2 or 3 or 10 the fbi doesn't state a number.
I didn't realize the FBI had dropped a number, I remembered it being 4. But I am sure the various organizations use different numbers to support their agenda. :(

Yeah those darn definition changes. It's no longer a master bedroom it's a "primary bedroom". It's no longer a mother it's a "birthing person". Its no longer homeless its "houseless". It's no longer a pedophile it's a "minor attracted person"

When I was in college I need a math filler class for the degree I was after.

I selected "Math Statistics". That was an eye opener. Given a set of numbers

pertaining to a thing or situation you can make out almost any thing you want.

My take is the US does have more, true, mass shootings than other countries, but I contend that other countries are not immune to mass shootings. Canada is a recent example, their gun laws havent stopped them.
There are other differences that affect this outcome like social, geographical, and economic metrics. We have a lot of neglected kids and adults in the US.

My take is the US does have more, true, mass shootings than other countries, but I contend that other countries are not immune to mass shootings.
Nor do we get accurate reporting from other countries as well.

Any guesses as to the actual number of mass shootings in say, Mexico?

Several years ago I used to work with a guy who was from a small town in inner Mexico and one time he showed me pics on his phone of how the ENTIRE town had been denuded of nearly all residents due to cartel intervention and murders.

If 4 , 400 or 4000....or whatever magic number one wishes to use is "mass shooting:" number....
It don't really matter....the end result will be the same :

People will have died....
Anger , frustration and the like will happen....
What if's...finger pointing and the blame game will continue....
Laws , bans and such will be proposed and more than likely be passed....
All of which do nothing to stop the next mass shooting...and only affect otherwise law abiding gun owners.
Then it happens again...So...
Repeat all of the above.

If one wants the same results..then continue to do as one has been doing...
If one wants different results...then do something different.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads