JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Its January 22nd, 22 days into the 2023 year. A deadly mass shooting is still unfolding at this moment, that is not the subject of this post please direct any comments about that to the post discussing that one.

this article says there have been "at least 33 mass shootings this year".

What are the other 32?

Selection_001.jpg

Just a thought but this might be a good question to ask of them.

I realize there is no one specific name attached to the article but with any luck you might get some kind of answer from someone at NPR - or maybe not.
They will just cite some research study from a gun control group like Everytown.

Its January 22nd, 22 days into the 2023 year. A deadly mass shooting is still unfolding at this moment, that is not the subject of this post please direct any comments about that to the post discussing that one.

this article says there have been "at least 33 mass shootings this year".

What are the other 32?

View attachment 1350680
If the anti-gutters had their way they would consider two people getting shot in a gang fight to be a mass shooting, that way they can say that there were 10,000 shootings done in two weeks. Anything to push their narrative...

Last Edited:
Yea, NPR sometimes makes me want to throw things, but what did they report that was not true?
That there was 32 other mass shootings this year as of today...
Of course thats if you include all violent crime in the mass shooting statistics?

33, minus the gang related shootings, gang related retaliation shootings, shootings in Chicago, Baltimore, DC, Atlanta, ..

We're down to a goose egg.

The GVA is often cited by the media as a source for mass shootings.

I picked on the Goshen California shooting which happened last week, that sadly left 6 people dead. I clicked on the article GVA cited as their source.... local authorities described the shooting as a targeted drug "cartel-like" execution.

How many other GVA incidents are not actually a mass shooting?

How many drug overdose deaths have we had in the USA this year? Nobody ever asks that.
or considering that medical errors account for 250-400K per year...
  • Heart disease: 696,962
  • Cancer: 602,350
  • COVID-19: 350,831
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 200,955
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 160,264
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 152,657
  • Alzheimer's disease: 134,242
  • Diabetes: 102,188
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 53,544
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 52,547

Im curious how many here can say they read about 32 other mass shootings so far this year?
This is a tragedy. I know people in that area. But, media feeds the beast and won't focus on the few known facts. If they say there are 30 plus mass shootings by Saturday, share that information qualifying that claim.

or considering that medical errors account for 250-400K per year...
  • Heart disease: 696,962
  • Cancer: 602,350
  • COVID-19: 350,831
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 200,955
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 160,264
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 152,657
  • Alzheimer's disease: 134,242
  • Diabetes: 102,188
  • Influenza and pneumonia: 53,544
  • Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 52,547
From what I am finding, it has been over 100,000 accidental drug overdose deaths per year for several years now.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top