JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I hadn't seen these around before. Two of them, new outfits, very dark metallic gray. One had a special bumper on the front. Both had little black stickers on the doors that I couldn't read when I first went by. I think they were made with limited contrast so they'd be hard to read. I live near a coast line. Where these trucks were parked was near a trail that goes to a waterfall, then on down to the water. It isn't easy access.

When I came back around on my return trip, I paused to look at the decals on the doors. They were Dept. of Fish and Wildlife. Kinda stealth vehicles. I think they were sneaking around to a beach from behind to check people for fishing licenses and maybe taking shellfish illegally. They were less than a half mile from the entrance to a county park where they could've easily parked and walked right onto the beach. And maybe be seen beforehand.

I hadn't seen these around before. Two of them, new outfits, very dark metallic gray. One had a special bumper on the front. Both had little black stickers on the doors that I couldn't read when I first went by. I think they were made with limited contrast so they'd be hard to read. I live near a coast line. Where these trucks were parked was near a trail that goes to a waterfall, then on down to the water. It isn't easy access.

When I came back around on my return trip, I paused to look at the decals on the doors. They were Dept. of Fish and Wildlife. Kinda stealth vehicles. I think they were sneaking around to a beach from behind to check people for fishing licenses and maybe taking shellfish illegally. They were less than a half mile from the entrance to a county park where they could've easily parked and walked right onto the beach. And maybe be seen beforehand.
Probably the new guys they recently hired to meet adversity goals.

1716276866570.png

Nothing new here. About 1956 I was fishing with my dad @ Marion lake. (back when it had trees to hide behind) We saw no one all day long except a couple passing back packers that stopped for lunch. when it came time to hike out, dad and I removed the drowned worms off our hooks and threw them into the lake. While we were breaking down our poles to hike out, a ranger came running up from seemingly no where and gave Dad a ticket (and a speech) for chumming!!!
Another desperado put in his place. Today he likely would have taken him to jail for contributing to the delinquency of a minor

Probably the razor clam enforcement special operations branch. :s0112:

98606634-BB34-4F98-AE16-ED6B5BBE3DAE.jpeg
EA9C48F3-DEFD-44F8-85AB-F403222726DE.jpeg

Last Edited:
Yep, same thing applies to fish and wildlife as to LEO's, the more you say the more they can use against you.
LOL, I tried to turn myself in for either messing up what day it was or misreading the native salmon start date a few years back. I had it e-tagged with the date that was too early. Went to a game warden, and he just have me a warning.

LOL, I tried to turn myself in for either messing up what day it was or misreading the native salmon start date a few years back. I had it e-tagged with the date that was too early. Went to a game warden, and he just have me a warning.
You're lucky they didn't cuff you and stuff you. :s0108:
I don't e-tag anything, I don't even know how to do it and don't wanna know. It's paper and pin like always for the Caveman. ;)
To err is human, to really foul up requires a computer. Dan Rather

Not surprised -- there's a lot of yayhoos out there.
I wouldn't have known that there was a clamming season or license to purchase since I don't do it any more.
When I was a kid, it was as simple as, "let's go catch some crabs / go fishing / go clamming!" And we'd grab our shovels or crab trap and get out there.

I've been stopped and asked to produce my hunting license twice. Back in Michigan, we feared DNR wardens more than the state police.

I looked on the DFW maps, the beach area where these guys were going skulking was closed to shellfish just south of where they were.

Awwwww........Come on Man
Those trucks aren't much of a threat.
I mean, NOT being painted BLACK and all that.

Is that you Brandon.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
Nothing new here. About 1956 I was fishing with my dad @ Marion lake. (back when it had trees to hide behind) We saw no one all day long except a couple passing back packers that stopped for lunch. when it came time to hike out, dad and I removed the drowned worms off our hooks and threw them into the lake. While we were breaking down our poles to hike out, a ranger came running up from seemingly no where and gave Dad a ticket (and a speech) for chumming!!!
Another desperado put in his place. Today he likely would have taken him to jail for contributing to the delinquency of a minor
Chumming is illegal?

When I was a kiddie my family fished in the ocean and rivers and swamps in Florida, rivers and lakes in Georgia, and NY off Long Island, and I can't remember any of us having fishing licenses. Or ever seeing any Fish and wildlife people or LE of any sort while fishing. Kids might not have needed licenses in some of those places. But our parents probably did. My folks were seriously law abiding. But its possible that it never occurred to them that they needed permission from the government to catch a fish.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top