JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this shooting happened in a "sports bar" - I wonder what will happen in TX if anything to the man with the (LTC) license to carry i guess... (CPP) concealed pistol permit up here. because he may have been caring someplace where he wasn't supposed to... (i the law down there says the following)

For example, §46.035, Texas Penal Code prohibits carrying of handguns and other weapons:

• On the premises of a business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption; such premises are required to post notices under Texas GC §411.204
how would the person know if the business derives 51% or more of its income from alcohol, would it be required for business to post no carry signs...

what do you think would happen if the same thing happened in a more liberal city/state like the PNW> as opposed to Texas

There would be protests/riots in the street if it happened here in Califoregon. He was robbing a sports bar because he was trying to improve his life for the better. LOL. Instant justice Texas style!

F-em!
F the guy and F anyone who would try to stand up for him.

Scumbag got what he deserved.
End of story.

FYI, Oregon doesn't have any stipulations like that oddball 51% thing. And, yes, how would you know? (like I care)

Good on the customer, maybe after the employee got shot he felt threatened and decided to defend himself. Hard to say with out knowing all the details.

Hopefully he won't get any back lash from this and gets to go on with his life.

So this shooting happened in a "sports bar" - I wonder what will happen in TX if anything to the man with the (LTC) license to carry i guess... (CPP) concealed pistol permit up here. because he may have been caring someplace where he wasn't supposed to... (i the law down there says the following)

For example, §46.035, Texas Penal Code prohibits carrying of handguns and other weapons:

• On the premises of a business that derives 51% or more of its income from the sale or service of alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption; such premises are required to post notices under Texas GC §411.204
how would the person know if the business derives 51% or more of its income from alcohol, would it be required for business to post no carry signs...

what do you think would happen if the same thing happened in a more liberal city/state like the PNW> as opposed to Texas

If you take out the big 3 counties in Washington State: King, Pierce, Snohomish, and possibly Thursdon county which where the state capital of Olympia is then possibly nothing? In Washington state you cannot sit inside the designated bar area of any tavern or restaurants with a bar. But you can eat in the outside of the bar area if they have one. If no eating area outside the bar then go to another restaurant. :)

IIRC, the sign's called a 30.06 or "gunbuster". It has to have exact wording in specific point-size and font, and basically any deviation from exact regulation however slight means the sign does not carry force of law. A trick which many CCW-friendly business owners exploit to make the low-info Bloomers "feel safe" while tossing a wink-and-nod to CCW'ers that "this is just a show for the kiddies, you're still welcome here."

They do. Lot's of signs.
2w6ckld.jpg
Was just about everywhere I went in Austin. Most places had them at the door AND at the bar.

This is why you gotta get liquored up via the buddy system.
One of you waits outside the door with a loaded shotgun while the other is in there tipping back a few. Then you take over stand-by duty.

lol, not

No gun signs also carry the weight of law, provided they're posted at the entrance and in the right sized font. I thought for sure i had taken a photo of these brass signs in front of the new Yeti retail store, but it seems i just thought about taking a photo as I walked past them and scoffed.

yet-no-guns-660x495.jpg
I guess Yeti rescinded last month after I was there, but you'll find those signs all over the place too

F-em!
F the guy and F anyone who would try to stand up for him.

Scumbag got what he deserved.
End of story.

FYI, Oregon doesn't have any stipulations like that oddball 51% thing. And, yes, how would you know? (like I care)

Probably wouldn't be up to the customer to know but rather the establishment that hit the 51% threshhold would be required to post signage restricting firearms.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top