JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Both examples are of a case that was already on the radar of another agency as I stated.

I'm not trying to argue that this stuff isn't illegal or that there aren't cases where folks like you mentioned got bothered by the ATF.

What I'm trying to say is that a Joe Schmo unknowingly, could go years with an extra grip on his pistol and never see any ATF agents raid his/her home. But, the day that person posts a picture of it online, they would be absolutely ridiculed by gun owners. Even after posting online, the I've never read anywhere, or heard of any stories where the ATF has shown up at someone's house to arrest someone.

Maybe. Do you want to take the chance? The question wasn't whether a person could get away with it - people break a LOT of laws everyday, including serious gun law violations - doesn't mean it is legal to do so or that it isn't risky.

A stripped lower (classified "other") with an 11.5" barrel , Vltor A5 receiver extension will be >26" . This is what the xo26 is. This is the method to use to have a vfg on an AR with less than a 16" barrel without submitting a form 1. It's pretty simple.

"A stripped lower (classified "other") with an 11.5" barrel , Vltor A5 receiver extension will be >26" . This is what the xo26 is. This is the method to use to have a vfg on an AR with less than a 16" barrel without submitting a form 1. It's pretty simple."

I believe this is the most simply put and accurate answer yet to my poorly written question. The next question would be, what is the legal way to measure such firearm with pistol style brace?

I use a Vltor A5 pistol extension and measure from the end of the barrel threads to the end of the buffer tube. If you use normal carbine length pistol buffer tube you may have to also use a 12.5" barrel instead of the 11.5. if you want to pin and weld your muzzle device on you could use a 10.5 and be >26"

To reignite this thread... if someone did not measure their ar pistol correctly to ATF regulations and attached a VFG on a pistol less than 26 inches, but later removed it to make it compliant.Would they be in trouble with the ATF?

Define Vertical.

Thanks to enterprising lawyers, case law and the inability of the ATF to just make stuff up and not get called on it a lot of what we all knew was illegal a few years ago is being called into question. A lot of the ATF's "rulings" are getting thrown out in court because they have nothing to do with what the law says. Once something that has no basis in law gets thrown out a precedence is set. We have braces on pistols not that are in effect what we used to refer to as Short Barrel Rifles with a minor technical difference that makes no difference in how its used. We can buy "solvent traps" out in the day light and build silencers from them if we so choose. All of ths because people have found...not loopholes... but because they are refusing to bend over every time the ATF drops the soap.

Define Vertical.

Thanks to enterprising lawyers, case law and the inability of the ATF to just make stuff up and not get called on it a lot of what we all knew was illegal a few years ago is being called into question. A lot of the ATF's "rulings" are getting thrown out in court because they have nothing to do with what the law says. Once something that has no basis in law gets thrown out a precedence is set. We have braces on pistols not that are in effect what we used to refer to as Short Barrel Rifles with a minor technical difference that makes no difference in how its used. We can buy "solvent traps" out in the day light and build silencers from them if we so choose. All of ths because people have found...not loopholes... but because they are refusing to bend over every time the ATF drops the soap.
The Brace thing I LOVE. Always did love SBR's but they were just not worth the damn hoop jumping. Now just slap one on and they are a ton of fun. Not brave enough to buy one of the fuel filters off Amazon but, did have to smile at the idea when I realized what they were doing. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top