JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You can currently purchase a threaded pistol barrel legally. For about the next ten minutes to three weeks depending on whose estimate of when the bill will go to Limpendiq Inslee for signature you rely on.

I have seen nothing about keeping banned items in home.

What I have seen in black and white is that if you owne a banned item before a ban its legal. And you should be able to use it as before the ban.

who is aksing to check your barrel and why are you letting anyone inspect your barrel and why are you asking for permission for a 2nd Amendment right that trumps what your illegal state law says and we all know is illegally being inacted

who is aksing to check your barrel and why are you letting anyone inspect your barrel and why are you asking for permission for a 2nd Amendment right that trumps what your illegal state law says and we all know is illegally being inacted
The AWB Also bans pistols with threaded barrel. So if you have a suppressor, it will have a threaded barrel.

The way I read the bill, if you had one legally before the ban, it's still legal after the ban. However after tge bill us signed, you won't be able to add a threaded barrel to the pistol.

Suppressors are still legal. But likely can't be added to a post ban pistol. What a nightmare.

Also, in Seattle, I'd check the attitude. Refusing to comply or allow Leo to question you about a possible illegal weapon is the fast route to free room and board. Either you are legal or you are not. They have no problem with letting the courts sort it out.

Can a Washington resident currently purchase a threaded pistol barrel and is it legal to take a pistol with a threaded barrel outside the home after the AWB becomes law?
Threaded barrels aren't banned, per se'. They're mentioned in the definition of an "assault weapon". So, the only way they become banned is if they are treated as an assault weapon because those are the only things being banned.

But treating them as an assault weapon doesn't ban possession or use.

Nothing in the ban bill says you can't posess, or use a legal weapon out of the house.

Note: if something is illegal, keeping it in your house doesn't make it legal. Don't make that mistake. The only way that would ever be true is if it's specifically mentioned in the law (i.e. concealed carry in home without CPL. because it's allowed in the law)

Last Edited:
Note: if something is illegal, keeping it in your house doesn't make it legal. Don't make that mistake. The only way that would ever be true is if it's specifically mentioned in the law (i.e. concealed carry in home without CPL. because it's allowed in the law)
I was not sure if it was like Oregon's stupid Measure 114 where you can keep grandfathered magazines, but not carry them outside of your home except unloaded to the range and back.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top