JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Respectfully ...

"Not Staking" certain parts just to "save them" has nothing to do with it. If one had some vast knowledge of AR15 builds, (me? ... hardly!) one would understand the many reasons why. If one does understand the many reasons why staking is NOT GOOD anywhere on the AR15 build then one would understand this.

Anybody want more please feel free to PEM me. Thank you. I am getting too old for this stuff. Time to pass some forward. Yikes! :)

Respectfully ...

"Not Staking" certain parts just to "save them" has nothing to do with it. If one had some vast knowledge of AR15 builds, (me? ... hardly!) one would understand the many reasons why. If one does understand the many reasons why staking is NOT GOOD anywhere on the AR15 build then one would understand this.

Anybody want more please feel free to PEM me. Thank you. I am getting too old for this stuff. Time to pass some forward. Yikes! :)
Mr. Eugene Stoner would drag you out of that armorer's shack kick your saggin' a$$ if he caught you putting Loctite on his rifle and badmouthing his Tech Manual.

And you know it.

:D

Last Edited:
Ah ... Blue, Red and other types of Loct-tite. The Queen of sticky junk. I even used it once to fix my reading glasses where the screw cross threaded repairing the hinge. Seems to work fine.

I wonder if it would keep my head from unscrewing? :) :) :)

Hundreds of AR15 builds. Old School. The correct way. Yikes!!

Mr. Eugene Stoner would kick your saggin' a$$ if he caught you putting Loctite on his rifle and badmouthing his Tech Manual.

And you know it.

Was Loctite even a thing in Stoner's day? :p Then again, most of the AR15 as we know it today is Jim Sullivan scaling down Stoner's AR10... so the more instructive question would be "What Would Sullivan Do".

Was Loctite even a thing in Stoner's day? :p Then again, most of the AR15 as we know it today is Jim Sullivan scaling down Stoner's AR10... so the more instructive question would be "What Would Sullivan Do".
Now Jim Sullivan is that quack AR doctor, right ?
I think I've heard about him and some book.
Mr. Eugene Stoner would prolly kick his saggin' a$$, too.
Just for good measure.

:)

ETA:
Made an edit to my "Saggin' A$$" post.

Where's that popcorn ?

Last Edited:
Sometimes the GI manuals are wrong. Yep.

Sure, like when they used inch pounds instead of foot pounds for the torque specs in the older manuals? Obvious typo for anyone with a brain.

With the exception of RED on a LPGB, Loc-Tite has no place on an AR itself. Not on the castle nut, barrel nut or carrier key. Light mounts, scope mounts, hand controls, etc. with small screws, blue Loc-Tite (Geissele recommends purple for his mounts).

Sure, like when they used inch pounds instead of foot pounds for the torque specs in the older manuals? Obvious typo for anyone with a brain.

With the exception of RED on a LPGB, Loc-Tite has no place on an AR itself. Not on the castle nut, barrel nut or carrier key. Light mounts, scope mounts, hand controls, etc. with small screws, blue Loc-Tite (Geissele recommends purple for his mounts).
Agreed!
Only place I absolutely ALWAYS loctite is low pro gas blocks... After a couple have come loose it's proven to be much necessary. The set screw GB is a poor design unless it's pinned as well... at the very least dimpled... so anything to hold that sucker in place. If the screws come out without using propane it was put on wrong:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top