JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One thing to remember- depending on your location those numbers can be completely inaccurate. For example, both the site linked and my iPhone say that my location is over 500. We have a brand new air quality meter at work, and it reads half that right now.

It appears that my zip code is lumped in with Salem. We're northwest of Salem and not near as bad. We were over 550 on Thursday and had to shut the plant down because of it. We're restarting now, and it's a huge hassle and expense. If we were still over 500 here we wouldn't be able to restart.

I was outside for a bit last night, and shined my flashlight around to see if any glowing eyes were nearby. (Sometimes we have deer grazing close to our house.)

No glowing eyes looking at me last night - but I was amazed by how thick the falling ash was. I couldn't see it at all except in the beam from my flashlight. I'll be wearing a mask outside until this stuff clears away.

In Kennewick today, at 1200 hrs, the AQI = 537, with viz at 1,000 yards.

Double yesterday's count at 150 in Canyon County, ID. I noticed lots of backyard fires last night interestingly. I expect the air to get much worse as prevailing winds in the Treasure Valley tend westerly. The area commonly experiences bad inversions in the winter due to the terrain so poor air quality is a part of life here.

Still, this pit in my gut is for everyone who's been displaced even temporarily on top of the multitude of other trials our region and world are fighting.

Stay well my friends.

Been checking my area 97218, off and on a few times today. This morning it was high 200's, just now - 511. Went and took a look outside and yeah, it's much worse than earlier.

They say we're the most polluted area of the world, far worse then the worst in china or africa!:confused: Salem is now over 600, looks like a dense ground level fog! Can't go outside with out a full mask, my eyes burn from all the smoke, and I can taste it, even through the mask!:eek:

Last Edited:
How far does a guy have to go to get some fresh air around here?

Well, pretty far actually.

1599984251723.png

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews