JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Today, 9/11, at 1315 hrs, in Kennewick, WA, the AQI = 81.

That's a far cry from Labor Day's AQI of 839...

ETA: At 1450 hrs, AQI = 258, visibility is 0.5 mile. It's really gone to hell in a hand basket in the past hour and a half...

ETA: At 1555 hrs, AQI = 312, viz still at only 0.5 mile.

ETA: At 1710 hrs, AQI = 357, viz holding at 0.5 mile.

ETA: At 1830 hrs, AQI = 427, viz now at 0.25 mile. I can barely make out the big flag that's just 3 blocks away. If I didn't know where to look for it, I wouldn't see it

ETA: At 2040 hrs, AQI = 661, viz holding at 0.25 mile. I can smell smoke inside my home, even with the AC running to filter my air...

Saturday, 12 SEP 2020

ETA: At 1200 hrs, AQI = 537, with viz improved to 1,000 yards.

Last Edited:
Of course. We all can. The checker just gives some perspective as to how bad it actually is.

"Damn it's hot outside!"
"How hot?"

---checks thermometer----

"98 damn degrees!"

You know, that kind of thing.

First temp you thought of was 98 degrees, huh? Want to tell us something, Kruel J?
9ACBD462-4640-4D66-8031-D8C48F44AA0F.jpeg

Also, 278 right now for me in Beaverton/Hillsboro.

289@ 97322 Albany Oregon as of today. Yesterday and last two days were far worse. Today has less smoke smell and ashfall but stagnant air and low wind makes it very hazy and still "very unhealthy". The three of us are staying indoors as much as we can.

Now at 1555 hrs in Kennewick, WA the AQI is a nasty 312 and viz is just 0.5 mile.

The big American flag that I showed in my Labor Day pics is barely visible at only one quarter of a mile away.

241 here for me.

Just went for a couple mile walk.

Whats the hazard again? Everyone else in the area was out doing yard work or cleaning their areas.

97045 = 379

Today greatly improved over yesterday. Don't know the numbers, we had a heavy haze and the smoke was much thicker. Big chamge overnight.

At 2040 hrs, in Kennewick, WA, the AQI = 661 and viz at 1/4 mile (pay no attention to the iPhone's visibility distance - I'm looking at the big American flag just 3 blocks from my home and I can barely see it).
AQI_661.PNG
I now smell smoke inside my home, even with the AC running so as to circulate my air through the unit's filter. :eek:

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads