JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
@SKrueger

heres an example of what NOT changing your air filter can do. literally just took this picture less than 1 min ago for this thread

IMG_0373.JPG

My old daily driver school bus even had a air restriction gage showing when the air cleaner needed servicing. But then it also had a fuel pressure gage, a boost gage and a pyrometer. But ... we took proper maintenance seriously back then.

Great pictures and thank you. Makes one wonder what happens to our air induction and related pieces when out and about during heavy smoke or ash conditions. Do our physical human body pieces self heal? Hopefully they do ... completely?

My old daily driver school bus even had a air restriction gage showing when the air cleaner needed servicing. But then it also had a fuel pressure gage, a boost gage and a pyrometer. But ... we took proper maintenance seriously back then.

Great pictures and thank you. Makes one wonder what happens to our air induction and related pieces when out and about during heavy smoke or ash conditions. Do our physical human body pieces self heal? Hopefully they do ... completely?

take a look at your cars cabin air filter (if it has one) thats what we're breathing.

just had one today the quick service guys changed soaked in rat piss and sh!t :confused:

biggest thing on a diesel is running clean fuel, fuel filters and changing oil.
2007 might have been the 1st year of DPF on their diesel IIRC. if thats the case make sure you give'r a good hard drive every so often and not to idle it for hours at a time that way the DPF can regenerate and doesnt plug.

biggest thing on a diesel is running clean fuel, fuel filters and changing oil.
2007 might have been the 1st year of DPF on their diesel IIRC. if thats the case make sure you give'r a good hard drive every so often and not to idle it for hours at a time that way the DPF can regenerate and doesnt plug.

no DPF on my rig that is why I will never sell it. Well I would if someone offered me $100k :D

What sort of fan and how do you intend to power it when it gets so bad you need to hole up and breath HEPA filtered air? Then there is the whole balance between exhaust and osa to keep the space positive.

I intend to have a solar setup - with batteries of course to minimize grid power use.

I intend to consult with experts on how to setup the air/heating/cooling system.

I intend to have a solar setup - with batteries of course to minimize grid power use.

I intend to consult with experts on how to setup the air/heating/cooling system.
Not that you asked...

300-400cfm per ton of cooling
2-3 Air Changes Per Hour for residential minimum

Calculate the cubic feet of the space x the desired ACH and divide that by 60 for CFM

Calculate the pressure drop through the inlet louver/damper, ductwork, filters, coils, grilles/diffusers, etc.

Fans are selected based upon CFM and total static pressure.

Then there is the exhaust equation where the OSA has to be adjusted to ensure the space stays positive to atmosphere.

And that is just the evap side. There is still the whole condenser side of the equation.

It takes a lot of volts/amps to move that air, so you will need a decent sized solar grid.

Last Edited:
Add in the number of normal or additional people makes things more interesting. Nominal vs critical. Each person puts out a lot of heat, sweat and breath vapor. Do not forget that heavy duty ball bearing exhaust motor in the heavily ventilated toilet room. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top