JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Then you should get out of the mine. Right now.

BC39F731-080F-46C5-B6B7-FF1140BF856A.gif

I've never seen an outside air (OSA) intake on a residential system, only on commercial systems. For those of you who have blocked those, can you describe where they are located in your system?
On mine, there is an 8 inch duct. With a dryer-like vent hood on the outside wLl of my garGe and about 8 feet of duct that enters the air intake box of my furnace unit, just above the filter.

Wife wants to put together an air purifier or three and she was looking at some box fan contraption idea online that uses furnace size hepa filters. Evidently she is not the only one as the filters appear to be sold out everywhere locally. We are headed out now to see what we can find that is HEPA rated. Please post any ideas you have for making something at home, hopefully on the cheap. We have some Kirby hepa vaccum bags we are thinking about sacrificing to rig up on a portable AC.
Automotive interior air filters. They work great.
Picked up damaged 20x20 1550 Rated 3M filter, works very well too.

Down here in Silverton the big thing being talked about on the local gab pages is to take a crock pot fill it half full water dump a half a box of baking soda in it and turn it on low. somehow it will draw the smell (smoke) out. You could do that same thing with a Sauce pan on the stove with less Baking Soda,.\

MAKE SURE YOU MONITOR IT,

Evidently she is not the only one as the filters appear to be sold out everywhere locally. We are headed out now to see what we can find that is HEPA rated. Please post any ideas you have for making something at home, hopefully on the cheap.

My guess is two or three of lesser rated filters stacked on each other strapped to the fan would suffice. ?

I'm pretty certain that is only for combustion air during the heating cycle, not OSA intake for distribution via the supply duct.
I posted a photo of mine up above somewhere in this thread. It's pretty basic and uses a 3" hole. The house is now slightly positive relative to the outside. The A/C is in the garage and I have a 24x24x4 filtered opening to allow filtered air into the garage, and then through the filtered OSA opening.

I posted a photo of mine up above somewhere in this thread. It's pretty basic and uses a 3" hole. The house is now slightly positive relative to the outside. The A/C is in the garage and I have a 24x24x4 filtered opening to allow filtered air into the garage, and then through the filtered OSA opening.
Thanks I'll check it out.

Blue Air Blue Pure 211+. Spendy but it works. This will only work on existing inside air and only about one smaller room. To do it right you will need some small dedicated HEPA filtered forced intake with some sort of fan plus a small but dedicated HEPA exhaust outlet. HEPA on both ends.

One needs to change the air about every 20 minutes regardless of space. Thus the rub.

If needed seal with duct tape around leaky air sources. Pay particular attention to any AC or heat ducts. I do not know YET of any sources of large big expensive HEPA filters that hook onto your AC inlets and clean the entire home. The Blue Air is over $400 bucks. Expect to spend money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top