JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
1) Prosperity, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I feel happy and prosperous because in retirement we can meet our necessities and have savings. I have accepted the fact that I will never collect early Ferraris and don't let it bother me. It astounds me that some huge # of people couldn't come up with $500 for an emergency. We have been in that situation, and can't stand the anxiety of not being able to meet bills. We regard savings as necessity, and live below what we could if we thought cruises and such were necessities. I grieve over every gun I ever had to sell for stupid stuff like rent and food.
2) Time to start gardening.
Gardening is always a worthy endeavor, but it's no more about saving $ on produce than hunting is to save $ on meat. There are few things as satisfying as cutting a Cherokee Purple tomato that you grew, or just enjoying spiritual peace in your garden. (We started our Cherokee Purples in Feb. under lights in the house.) Raised beds and a greenhouse are great "force multipliers" in the effort:yield ratio. By all means it's time to start or increase gardening efforts, but a little research before you start is helpful. The neighbor roto-tills his garden patch every year and gets luxuriant crop of weeds that sprout when the soil is turned over. Since he resents any advice we say nothing. You will do a lot better if you listen to other people who are also into it.
3) "As a side note I'm pretty sure Cleveland and New York are out."
Yup. Try for Seattle or Portland. They're closer. :D
4) "Now, some properly cured vegan meat will do us a world of good." :s0149:
It's a scientific fact that Vegans make the healthiest long pork. Pollutants increase going up the food chain so you don't know what you would be getting with bums and junkies. Anybody with oozing sores should be avoided no matter how hungry you are. :eek:
5) "I do believe that the 'news' is not and has not told the truth about the employment figures for a long, long and long time NO matter WHO is in power on the STATE and FEDERAL LEVELS."
The "news" is whatever the DNC decides is the meme of the day/week. Nobody who pays attention sees it as otherwise. The only reason to watch it to know thine enemy.
6) "I'm honestly surprised that anything below 68% of the median income equals "distressed" maybe the definition has changed, but last I recall, isn't the median simply "the middle number of a data set"?"
There are 3 kinds of average: mode, median, and mean.
Mode = most often occurring value.
mean = Total value of the dataset over #of values in the dataset.
median = middle # in the dataset.
Depending what the presenter wants you to believe, they can present an average as being any one of the 3. Thus the AG can say the average # of shots in a gunfight is 2 so you don't need more than 10 (Note that he doesn't say what kind of average). I can say it's 0 mode, so you don't need any. Ref. How to Lie With Statistics by Darrell Huff. It's a short read and after reading it you will never be as gullible regarding statistical chicanery as the Drooling Masses the lies are aimed at.
7) Just saw this over @ WRSA: (Ref. #2 above)
Now, will they make up any of the shortfall with any of the corn meant for the ethanol they put in gasoline to destroy old engines? Not likely.

Last Edited:
Doesn't matter how many times you scream wolf... Al Gore said 20yrs ago that we would all be under water in 10 years... so forgive my skepticism about pronunciations of coming disaster!! :rolleyes:

We ain't under water but the heartland of America is. Sad.

Sea levels are coming up too, and parts of Miami are being flooded regularly.

We ain't under water but the heartland of America is. Sad.

Sea levels are coming up too, and parts of Miami are being flooded regularly.

Things change. Any 5th grade student knows the history of this planet and it's many changes. My problem is with those that scream we're all going to die unless we do something (The "Population Bomb was 50yrs ago!!, The Coming Ice Age never happened. Who knows, all this may reverse in another 10-20yrs! After all, we are in the middle of a 110yr sun cycle.)... IMO it's ridiculous to think that we can have any effect on the huge, complex, climate engine that is earth and the sun. Good luck with that foolish sheeple who don't understand that it's all a scam to get more $$ from the U.S. into the hands of third world countries and people like Al Gore with his carbon tax exchange that he skims 5% off the top of every dollar pain in... now Oregon wants to pass a carbon tax... Green is all about the dollars!!!

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top