JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Every morning the same 7 guys would come in and scarf up ALL the 9mm and .22 they put out. Every day. The same 7 guys.

That is evidence they are pricing it too low. If they were smart they would keep raising the price until the shelves barely clear just before being restocked. They'd make more money and serve more patrons that way.

Curt's Discount Supply on McLoughlin still had some 9mm FMJ as of a couple days ago.

Mostly everything is still sold out from what I can tell.

Last Edited:
Sportsman's warehouse dry save for shotgun ammo (lots) for almost 2 weeks now, so any minute they'll hit it big. Been checking everyday/every other day for a several days. Soon!
Bi mart has been great but lately pretty dry, and a 2 box limit of 20 rounds of rifle ammo is always a little disappointing.
fortunately I'm far from desperate, but I've got the bug.

Not sure if I'd declare the ammo shortage over if I found a few boxes of ammo in one store. :s0153:

Haven't seen 9mm or 5.56 locally for months.

When I see dozens of posters saying they find their local shelves fully stocked and the signs limiting purchases taken down, then the ammo shortage will be over.

I used to know someone who worked at a Bi Mart. Every morning the same 7 guys would come in and scarf up ALL the 9mm and .22 they put out. Every day. The same 7 guys.
yep. i saw this happen too then i called them out on it at a gun show. they were not happy about it.

Any issues with the 55gr 5.56 FMJ rounds from Frontier? I have read issues with that ammo on some websites back in 2019 but have not bought any myself.

Based on my highly unprofessional opinion while gleaning brass off the ground...it seems like it's shooting just fine. At least that's what it looks like when I'm cleaning up someone else's mess at outdoor ranges.

Went to the only place to buy ammo for 50 miles today. Still no 9mm, .40 S&W, or 5.56. But, they had a bunch of "cheap" .45 acp and 10mm...

yr-ymPqZTCanLlEAwPkQJQ.jpg

Pistol caliber bullets in 9mm and .40 S&W all gone, except for a lone box of Hornady XTPs in 155 grain .401.

Zddl-QU0RIuENJytGIjrVQ.jpg

My local B-mart had none. They also imposed a limit of 2 boxes per customer.

Online is still massive back orders and SOLD OUT listings.

If there is availability it won't be for long now that its riot against the feds season.

It comes in, it goes out...quickly. Online or in store. The day of the OP was in Sportsmans and they hat 22TCM and a few boxes of odd caliber (unless you own one), expensive defense ammo. They were down to 4 pounds of powder, total and a few thousand primers, mostly large rifle. Right now it's about being at the right place at the right time...but only if you need it.

That is evidence they are pricing it too low. If they were smart they would keep raising the price until the shelves barely clear just before being restocked. They'd make more money and serve more patrons that way.

I've seen a lot of posts even on this forum, where retailers who take that course of action are then accused of price gouging. ( even though that's "capitalism 101")

That being said, the limits at Bi-mart seem kind of silly; I can buy 2000 primers, if they are in the 1000 piece case but once they are out of the case, I can only buy 200, due to a two box limit. I felt bad for "Karening" the manager of that store ( the limits are store by store, not company wide) but it just didn't make sense to me. And now that clerk gives me side-eye every time I go by the gun counter. It would matter more, if they actually HAD any primers...

I've seen a lot of posts even on this forum, where retailers who take that course of action are then accused of price gouging. ( even though that's "capitalism 101")

That being said, the limits at Bi-mart seem kind of silly; I can buy 2000 primers, if they are in the 1000 piece case but once they are out of the case, I can only buy 200, due to a two box limit. I felt bad for "Karening" the manager of that store ( the limits are store by store, not company wide) but it just didn't make sense to me. And now that clerk gives me side-eye every time I go by the gun counter. It would matter more, if they actually HAD any primers...
"Karening", LOL

I feel bad for Karen's of the world.

They were down to 4 pounds of powder, total and a few thousand primers, mostly large rifle. Right now it's about being at the right place at the right time...but only if you need it.

My local shop had a decent selection of rifle powder, but only a couple of examples of pistol powder. I grabbed a can of 231 and left the other one. They also had two cases of magnum small rifle primers and I just grabbed two boxes since I just used half of one loading up some .450 Bushmaster.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top