JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
"Karening", LOL

I feel bad for Karen's of the world.
I saw the picture of the typical "Karen" in another thread here with the typical Karen haircut. For fun, I pulled up my company's employee directory which lets you search by name and I plugged in the name Karen. We have 8 employees named Karen and three of them had the same haircut, and two of them were blondes. Ironic.

Being on the other side of the "too direct" equation, just remember that my being on the clock doesn't mean I'm going to put up with your 'tude.
Old farts always bubblegumin about how expensive everything is and raising quality complaints about the cheapest things in my counter. I don't mind a gruff attitude, but I give it right back.

Being on the other side of the "too direct" equation, just remember that my being on the clock doesn't mean I'm going to put up with your 'tude.
Old farts always bubblegumin about how expensive everything is and raising quality complaints about the cheapest things in my counter. I don't mind a gruff attitude, but I give it right back

I get that, I was a floor manager at a big auto parts store ( 2nd in command) for long enough to have to deal with a lot of the usual retail Hell; this was my first civvie job after getting out of the Navy. I actually prefer it when I deal with retail folks and I'm the customer, if they feel comfortable enough to be real with me. In this particular case, the young lady behind the counter seemed disapproving that anyone should need more than 100 primers, as she informed me of the policy. I had purchased individual boxes of 100 there the week previously, to total up to 1000, and it had never been an issue before. I thought there might have been a misunderstanding on her part as to what the policy was, so I asked if she could check on that.

Now, by "Direct", I mean that people are so touchy and sensitive nowadays, that the sort of interactions I'm used to and enjoy tend to cause hurt feelings and misunderstandings if I don't rein myself in around certain people. One of the things I really like about the shop where I work now is that employees and customers seem pretty comfortable giving each other a certain amount of shiznit, and it is accepted as " Hey, I'm comfortable enough with you to be pretty real, and not too worried that you're going to call "1800 reportme to corporate suits". It's a running joke at work, when someone is "offended", they are told to report to HR, where they are offered a set of earplugs. As a customer, that's exactly the sort of place that tends to get my loyalty, vs places like Walmart, where the employees are treated like dirt, and tend to not care as much about doing a good job as a result.

I'd probably like you as a regular customer. I have plenty who come in and act like men ,and when I act like a man back at them we all smile about it.
The bane of my existence is when someone feels like I need to stand fast and weather their nonsense, while apologizing for the state of the world. As if I had a hand in society's decline and the fall of the dollar.

Bi-Mart, Big-5 and Sportsmans all had stock on the shelves today when I went through! Plenty of 7.62X51, 5.56 in various flavors, and bricks of .22 all at or close to the normal prices! Picked up a couple more cases of M-80 and M-193 cause 'Murica and All! :cool:

Any one been to Oregon Rifle Works lately? They usually have pallets of decent ammo on the floor, need to get a case or three of .30 U.S. 1906 for the Garand and 1903's to play with, and some more M-80 or Hornady M-1A Match! :D

Bi-Mart, Big-5 and Sportsmans all had stock on the shelves today when I went through! Plenty of 7.62X51, 5.56 in various flavors, and bricks of .22 all at or close to the normal prices! Picked up a couple more cases of M-80 and M-193 cause 'Murica and All! :cool:

Any one been to Oregon Rifle Works lately? They usually have pallets of decent ammo on the floor, need to get a case or three of .30 U.S. 1906 for the Garand and 1903's to play with, and some more M-80 or Hornady M-1A Match! :D

yep, I ended getting more today when I really didn't need to. Bricks of .22 for 6 cpr. I need to stop going to BiMart but with everyone talking about the fake shortage I panic buy.

An ammo shortage this extreme does NOT dissipate in a few months. Millions of folks just bought guns who have never bought before and they all.need significant amounts of ammo. When I buy a gun I don't need to buy ammo, but new gun owners have to buy hundreds and a few will even buy a thousand or more.

This kind of shortage will be with us for over a year! And that's even with ammo companies going 3 shifts a day!

An ammo shortage this extreme does NOT dissipate in a few months. Millions of folks just bought guns who have never bought before and they all.need significant amounts of ammo. When I buy a gun I don't need to buy ammo, but new gun owners have to buy hundreds and a few will even buy a thousand or more.

This kind of shortage will be with us for over a year! And that's even with ammo companies going 3 shifts a day!

I would bet many will buy a new gun and not even shoot it ,Its just a peice of mind to sooth the rederic and propaganda they read on facebook .

After reading another members post I looked at a auction site 200 rds of 9mm 115 fmj winny white box went for 162 and 20 ship thats pushing a buck around .
Its not price gouging when the buyer sets the price

Last Edited:
I lucked out and bought 250 rds. of 9mm at Cabela's- in addition to scoring some .223. Not alot of 9mm at the local Bi-Mart, but a shipment of 7.62x39 did come in- I may pick up another 200 rds. of that. You gotta have alternates for .223/5.56 in case it's in short supply.

Geno

Panic buying of ammunition and firearms is only going to get worse. Rioting, looting and crime are going to increase as we sink into the worst economic depression since the 1930s. The "progressive" mayors and governors will do nothing to stop it.

The 'shortages' are not over in ammunition or in reloading stock.

I am going by what my husband and I personally see and what other people see in this state (Various locations in MT.) and in other states back east. Great Lakes region and on the East Coast.

Cate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads