JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Soylent.com - Free your body

It's that "FREE YOU BODY" part. Free your body, read: "Intestinal Tract" of everything to the point of prepped for a colonoscopy.....

Had this vegan gal I know whip up a tasty dip for crackers or veggies and give me a pint of it. Main ingredient was Tofu. Tasted pretty good! It "Freed" ME up real good though.
That was the estrogen (female hormones) in the tofu working.

I really struggle with my weight. I eat no sugar, very few carbs and keep it to around 1800-2200 calories a day. I am 6' and 210 pounds so that is a pretty minimal intake for someone my size.

My body is very efficient. For instance I ate a very small traditional thanksgiving dinner with my family which included a half a piece of pie. No seconds on anything and my plate was far from full..... I gained 8 pounds. That is typical and why I have to seriously control what I put in my mouth.

I go through cycles where I creep up to 240 ish and then lose till I am back 190-200. Its taken me a year to get from 240 down to 210 and I have been stuck around that for 6 months of that eating a tiny fraction of what most folks do.

The thing is I was once up around 270 in my early 20's and resolved I would not ever get back there. I cant maintain a weight so this cycle up and down seems to be the best I can do. My dad is 350, my mom 250 and 5 foot nothing... My brothers are all heavy....

I get really sick of skinny people telling me how easy it is to be skinny.... They have no idea the sacrifices I make to just be moderately obese instead of morbidly obese. If I ate "good" like they do I would weigh 300+ pounds.
I hear this from my wife all the time......my response to her is, did you ever see a fat person liberated from a concentration camp...........or a person that didn't loose weight on naked and afraid.......

I really struggle with my weight. I eat no sugar, very few carbs and keep it to around 1800-2200 calories a day. I am 6' and 210 pounds so that is a pretty minimal intake for someone my size.

My body is very efficient. For instance I ate a very small traditional thanksgiving dinner with my family which included a half a piece of pie. No seconds on anything and my plate was far from full..... I gained 8 pounds. That is typical and why I have to seriously control what I put in my mouth.

I go through cycles where I creep up to 240 ish and then lose till I am back 190-200. Its taken me a year to get from 240 down to 210 and I have been stuck around that for 6 months of that eating a tiny fraction of what most folks do.

The thing is I was once up around 270 in my early 20's and resolved I would not ever get back there. I cant maintain a weight so this cycle up and down seems to be the best I can do. My dad is 350, my mom 250 and 5 foot nothing... My brothers are all heavy....

I get really sick of skinny people telling me how easy it is to be skinny.... They have no idea the sacrifices I make to just be moderately obese instead of morbidly obese. If I ate "good" like they do I would weigh 300+ pounds.

Genetics DOES play a role in some cases. Of my six kids, two of my sons were overweight. One did a dietary change (low carbs) and dropped 30lbs, the other one shares the family "fat gene" that one of his maternal uncles has. He's been in half-way decent shape before, but he played water polo at the time... pretty intense, physically. Nowadays, he's a bit of a sloth and spends too much time playing those GD time-sucker VR video games.... I'd like to kick him in his nads, sometimes.

Last Edited:
I hear this from my wife all the time......my response to her is, did you ever see a fat person liberated from a concentration camp...........or a person that didn't loose weight on naked and afraid.......

Oh I can starve myself and if I do I will lose weight just like anyone would. The issue is as soon as I start eating anything, and I mean anything's I will pack on fat where I lost mostly muscle.

I am about 25% body fat, which is not much for my height and weight. I am a blacksmith and work in the shop 50-70 hours a week. I don't own a TV...

I see a Doc every month about my weight. In the last 6 months I've lost no weight but my body fat has gone from 29% to 25%. I have virtually no visceral fat around my organs, it's all subcutaneous.

I can tell you if a "normal" person ate like I do to maintain my overweight weight they would be starving. I eat a fraction of my my 5 foot nothing 100 pound wife does.

It's all about how your body produces and uses insulin. I monitor my blood sugar and check my wife's from time. In the evening after I've had some plain sugar free yogurt for a snack and a salad for dinner and my wife just finished a bowl of ice cream my blood sugar will be 130 and hers will be 80. She eats candy all day, never gains an ounce. I eat one cookie and I'll jump 2 pounds the next day.

It's all about sugar (and carbs convert to sugar) and how your body treats and processes them

Last Edited:

I'm right there with you man. For me if I have a meal with a lot of sodium I gain 8-10lbs. I think it's all water retention but it still takes a while to get back down.

I've struggled with my weight all my life. At my heaviest I was 420lbs, a couple years ago I got down to 218lbs which is less than I weighed in the 7th grade. Unfortunately the weight has creeped back on and it is time for me to get back with the program and get it back under control.

Being a fat guy sux! I'm up over 3 bills now:eek:... I've always worked highly physically demanding jobs so I got used to taking in lots of calories to keep up...mostly in the form of sugary beverages. then the combination of turning 40, the forced inactivity from my car accident, and medication side effects was the perfect storm for weight gain. I put on 30lbs over the first 3 years after my wreck.. turned 40, and 60 more came on seemingly overnight.
I feel like shizz all the time, and I hate it! New Years resolution is to loose this extra hundo at all cost!
I'm hoping cutting sugar, and drinking lots of water will help, and my buddy is gunna drag me to the gym every AM too...

Oh I can starve myself and if I do I will lose weight just like anyone would. The issue is as soon as I start eating anything, and I mean anything's I will pack on fat where I lost mostly muscle.

I am about 25% body fat, which is not much for my height and weight. I am a blacksmith and work in the shop 50-70 hours a week. I don't own a TV...

I see a Doc every month about my weight. In the last 6 months I've lost no weight but my body fat has gone from 29% to 25%. I have virtually no visceral fat around my organs, it's all subcutaneous.

I can tell you if a "normal" person ate like I do to maintain my overweight weight they would be starving. I eat a fraction of my my 5 foot nothing 100 pound wife does.

It's all about how your body produces and uses insulin. I monitor my blood sugar and check my wife's from time. In the evening after I've had some plain sugar free yogurt for a snack and a salad for dinner and my wife just finished a bowl of ice cream my blood sugar will be 130 and hers will be 80. She eats candy all day, ever gains an ounce. I eat one cookie and I'll jump 2 pounds the next day.

It's all about sugar (and carbs convert to sugar) and how your body treats and processes them
I have had type 1 diabetes for coming on 45 years. I am very aware of how food converts to sugar as I experiance it first hand daily. All food except trace minerals (vitamins) are converted to sugar or waste in the body. It is the only thing that powers cells and muscles. The difference in types of food is how long it takes to convert. Sugars need little conversion and go in very quickly, carbs take more time to digest and convert. Protines take the longest. I can eat a 4000 calorie steak and be in insulin shock 2 hrs later but in 4 of 5 hrs my blood sugar will be 400. Ask an insulin dependent diabetic about how food works. We experiance it every moment of every day. It isn't witchcraft, it is chemistry and the endocrine system. I taught diabetic control at the VA for many years and was on the board of directors for the American Diabetes association. Medical students and endocrinologists used to study how I eat and how it effects me because in spite of not making any insulin (a hormone that works as a catalyst allowing the cells to take and use sugar) I was quite healthy.

Last Edited:

A friend of mine had been around 300 pounds since high school. Arthur was his name. He got fed up with his weight and all the difficulties that went with it, so he studied up on a lot of dietary information and biological processes involving weight and metabolism. He devised a plan for himself. He ate anything that didn't have added sugar. He ate a small amount of food whenever he got hungry. He was eating something every hour or two, but he never, ever let himself get hungry.

He's a fairly active guy, doing lots of remodeling type work, and he started riding a bicycle every day.

In a short time he started losing weight and kept going. He got down to 180 pounds or so and his weight stabilized at that point. He still eats that way today, and it's been 15 years now. The thing is he's never hungry. He eats pretty much whatever he wants, but he eats a small amount every hour or two. I think he's trained his body not to store fat because there's food coming in every couple hours. Most starvation diets do exactly the opposite. They train your body that food is scarce, so store up everything you can. Not saying this will work for everyone, but it worked for him.

Tried it, liked it for what it is. There are lots of people on YouTube with feedback after 30 days of only drinking Soylent.

I've been meaning to have a few on hand. You can get them on Amazon Prime and I'd recommend the premixed bottles over the powder.

Tried it, liked it for what it is. There are lots of people on YouTube with feedback after 30 days of only drinking Soylent.

I've been meaning to have a few on hand. You can get them on Amazon Prime and I'd recommend the premixed bottles over the powder.
Did you try more then one flavor? If so which did you like most?

Upcoming Events

May 26, 2024 Oregon Arms Collectors
Portland, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Good News!! The Carson, WA shows are back!!
Carson, WA
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top