JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had not seen the app before, but it looks like ATAK is military only. There is an ATAK-CIV version available on the Play Store. That looks pretty dang cool with a ton of features!

Hopefully there are some tutorials on how to use it with a mesh network. I guess you'd just have to be in range of the network the whole time while using it, though, right? Do you have good mesh coverage where you are at or will be operating at?

I had a guy come over to my place the weekend before last to see if my house would be a good spot for a node, but we couldn't hit the network (or at least his node). Too many dang trees between me and his place. I actually should see if I can hit the network in the next city over, as I am right at the edge of town.

-Knarf

I had not seen the app before, but it looks like ATAK is military only. There is an ATAK-CIV version available on the Play Store. That looks pretty dang cool with a ton of features!

Hopefully there are some tutorials on how to use it with a mesh network. I guess you'd just have to be in range of the network the whole time while using it, though, right? Do you have good mesh coverage where you are at or will be operating at?

I had a guy come over to my place the weekend before last to see if my house would be a good spot for a node, but we couldn't hit the network (or at least his node). Too many dang trees between me and his place. I actually should see if I can hit the network in the next city over, as I am right at the edge of town.

-Knarf
Chainsaw, baby!! :s0023:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews