JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The Lati 20mm Anti-Tank Rifle. :eek:
Back when I was a kid, the San Francisco Gun Exchange was selling them for under $50.00 And that was before Clint used one in a movie.:)
After that, I couldn't afford one.:(

@MountainBear ,
So I'm not the only one who like the Lee Speed in that movie! Talk about a rifle you don't see everyday! :)
It's put me on a quest for more!

View attachment 281618 View attachment 281617 View attachment 281616 View attachment 281615

That's a beautiful rifle. Sadly, rarity of speed sporters and the accompanying prices mean I'll likely never own or shoot one. But some day I will build a reasonable facsimile thereof with a Lee Enfield No. 1 Mk. III. That will have to do.

It may sound corny but after seeing Quigley down under, I had to have a Sharps in 45-70. Just so you know the accuracy and long range was not there like in the movie. Saved my money and was able to get one. Over the next year I shot it 8-10 times. Got married and started having kids. Gun got moved further to the back of the safe as I aquired more practical guns. About 2 months ago I sold it due to it being a safe queen and not using it in over 10 years. Dont regret buying it at all it was a fun gun to shoot. Just not very practical.

Jooooosey Wales! Thanks to all the Clint Eastwood westerns and specifically Josey Wales. Got into black powder pistols. All replica's from Uberti. .36 Navy, .44 Army. What great fun. Did get a little old cleaning those things after a shooting session.

My wife is constantly looking for firearms from movies and TV. We now have the Sig P228 (used by Scully in "X-files") and the Llama III-A (from the boat scene in "In The Line of Fire") on our wishlist.

OK so every once in a while I'll watch a movie or a TV show that features a certain gun prominently and I think to myself "by God I'd sure love to own a ---------"... Recent examples include a Gen 2 Glock 17, which I saw used in Mad Max: Fury road; I saw the movie (which was awesome, by the way) and decided I HAD to have a Gen 2 Glock 17, so I went out a few days later and bought one. More recently while watching the first episode of the 6th season of The Walking Dead, I noticed Jessie carrying a CZ-82... which I have now decided I want and will probably buy. Product placement at its finest! So has anybody else ever seen a certain gun used in a movie, and just decided to go out and buy said gun?
Never bought a weapon from seeing it on TV. I buy what interests me. I usually buy at least one weapon yearly when I receive my Income Tax Refund Check. Today I paid for and placed my order for a new Glock 30 S which will replace my Sig Sauer P238 for my concealed carry weapon. Two years ago I got its big brother a Glock 21 Gen 4 (for home defense) which is GREAT on the range but too big for personal carry. The best part of the Glock 30 S is that when I'm at the range it also accepts the Glock 21 magazines although they will stick out a bit which is no problem at the range.

Yes, our good friend Liam Neeson makes lots of money playing make believe shooting people is anti-gun. So I bought a Beretta he used and called it Liam's Revenge just so he would be the direct cause of a gun purchase :)

View attachment 281519
View attachment 281520
Interesting commentary. I have owned a Beretta 92FS like the one shown in the picture for 15 years. I also own a HK P7. The 92FS is large and heavy, difficult to carry in an IWB holster, and not all that accurate. On the other hand, the P7 is smaller, has a one inch shorter barrel, is far easier to carry in the proper IWB holster, is way more accurate than the 92FS, has less felt recoil (and muzzle flip), and is perfectly safe to carry in condition one! The only drawback the P7 has is a single stack magazine.

But if you can't hit what you are aiming at more than once with 8 rounds, especially with a weapon that has all these attributes, then you need to spend more range time. Just my two cents. :)

Interesting commentary. I have owned a Beretta 92FS like the one shown in the picture for 15 years. I also own a HK P7. The 92FS is large and heavy, difficult to carry in an IWB holster, and not all that accurate. On the other hand, the P7 is smaller, has a one inch shorter barrel, is far easier to carry in the proper IWB holster, is way more accurate than the 92FS, has less felt recoil (and muzzle flip), and is perfectly safe to carry in condition one! The only drawback the P7 has is a single stack magazine.

But if you can't hit what you are aiming at more than once with 8 rounds, especially with a weapon that has all these attributes, then you need to spend more range time. Just my two cents. :)

plus the 92s is only $279
http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/beretta-model-92s-9mm.html

Yep, guilty...

The first was probably the most iconic "Dirty Harry" I picked up the model 29 but still in the market for the .44 AutoMag

+1 on Quigley, but settled for a 45/70

And finally, I did not see a mention to the Strayer Voigt Infinity - .45 ACP use in Heroes - Season 1
upload_2016-3-9_14-21-45.png

I
Yep, guilty...

The first was probably the most iconic "Dirty Harry" I picked up the model 29 but still in the market for the .44 AutoMag

+1 on Quigley, but settled for a 45/70

And finally, I did not see a mention to the Strayer Voigt Infinity - .45 ACP use in Heroes - Season 1
View attachment 281935
I probably should have just bought an 1895 Guide gun in 45-70, but that Sharps just kept calling my name. Fun to shoot, hardly any kick due to the weight of the gun.

Yes sir, the Beretta is cheaper, but if I am ever forced to draw my weapon in a situation I hope I will never have to face, the last think I will be concerned about is what I paid for it.

I dont use it for my carry either (not a fan of the safety-decocker feature), It was purely a purchase to spite Liam who plays make believe everyday but feels his status as a actor / leprechaun allows him to lecture me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top