JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK so every once in a while I'll watch a movie or a TV show that features a certain gun prominently and I think to myself "by God I'd sure love to own a ---------"... Recent examples include a Gen 2 Glock 17, which I saw used in Mad Max: Fury road; I saw the movie (which was awesome, by the way) and decided I HAD to have a Gen 2 Glock 17, so I went out a few days later and bought one. More recently while watching the first episode of the 6th season of The Walking Dead, I noticed Jessie carrying a CZ-82... which I have now decided I want and will probably buy. Product placement at its finest! So has anybody else ever seen a certain gun used in a movie, and just decided to go out and buy said gun?

Yes, our good friend Liam Neeson makes lots of money playing make believe shooting people is anti-gun. So I bought a Beretta he used and called it Liam's Revenge just so he would be the direct cause of a gun purchase :)

14fY1Kf.png
TnSvRMm.jpg

I've owned one kind of 1911 or another since the early 90's. (My first was a Para P12-45) When I saw Clint in Gran Torino pull his Government Model out, I said to myself, "I must have". A couple of weeks later I traded my S&W 500 for a 1951 version. I traded it for a 1962 National Match, then bought it back... I'm hanging onto it.

Clint 1911.jpg

after I was discharged and returned 'home' I was offered an early 6.5" M-29 w/ two suede lined holsters for $350 and recalling Dirty Harry I bought it, never regretted it that thing could shoot so well it was like packing a 30-30 (including the weight)

th?id=OIP.M91d50adb3e54e80492e2e861c0956cf8o2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=270&h=163.jpg

Last Edited:
I can't say I ever have, but the first movie that I really started thinking along those lines was back when I was a young teen:

2e7a43e71fad0c49eb3967afcdcf0b8b.jpg

I didn't even know what a ".45 long slide with laser sighting" was at the time, but I wanted one. That, and the phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range. When T2 came out, I wanted a lever action 12 gauge I could cock and fire with only one hand ;)

1887_winny_used_by_swartz_in_Terminator_2_10_gauge_one_handed_movie_magic-cover.jpg

term2swingbam.gif

Last Edited:
Yes, our good friend Liam Neeson makes lots of money playing make believe shooting people is anti-gun. So I bought a Beretta he used and called it Liam's Revenge just so he would be the direct cause of a gun purchase :)

View attachment 281519
View attachment 281520

You should "Tweet" him a photo and thank him personally :p #keepyourdamnmouthshutliam #hollywoodsucks #actorsarenotidols #actorsaremorons #actorsarehypocrites

OK so every once in a while I'll watch a movie or a TV show that features a certain gun prominently and I think to myself "by God I'd sure love to own a ---------"... Recent examples include a Gen 2 Glock 17, which I saw used in Mad Max: Fury road; I saw the movie (which was awesome, by the way) and decided I HAD to have a Gen 2 Glock 17, so I went out a few days later and bought one. More recently while watching the first episode of the 6th season of The Walking Dead, I noticed Jessie carrying a CZ-82... which I have now decided I want and will probably buy. Product placement at its finest! So has anybody else ever seen a certain gun used in a movie, and just decided to go out and buy said gun?
CZ is manufacturing the 83 again. Same gun just in a 9mm Browning, more commonly known at .380ACP. Awesome little handgun.

When I was young my only knowledge of guns was from movies because I didn't grow up around them. One of many pitfalls with that little knowledge is not knowing if the gun is actually any good or just looks cool. Case in point my first 'handgun', the Intertec Tec DC 9. It has been in tons of movies, and rap videos, huge in the 80's and 90's but still pops up places, notably Sons of Anarchy. In the real gun world it notoriously unreliable and just poorly made, it has certainly earned that reputation with me. I've finally gotten it where it'll get through a magazine if I only load 20 rounds. That doesn't stop parts from breaking off randomly, I've been through 3 firing pins and as many changing handles.

Despite all that, I'll probably never sell it. I still just like the way it looks, and how much anti gun people despise it. That's actually one thing antis and gun people can agree on, they don't like the Tec 9, but certainly for different reasons. Doesn't hurt that Falling Down is one of my favorite movies.

I still get turned on to guns from movies occasionally like the Magnum Research BFR 45-70 in Looper. These days I do plenty of research before making my purchases.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Oh yes. Watched John Wayne a whole bunch, and I've got the Six-Guns to prove it.:D

Here's when it all started.

WAYNO.

P1000662.jpg

Last Edited:
Everyone who's ever bought a Desert Eagle .50.

I've never bought a gun because I saw it in a movie, although after I buy one, I look to see if it's been in a movie, lol!

The 'Mare's Leg,' which you can buy from Rossi (or ?) in 44MAG or 22LR came about thanks to Steve McQueen; I've read somewhere that there's no historical account or photo of one existing before 1957
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare's_Leg

I've always wanted one, but can't justify the purchase, but it's a great concept: more rounds than a six shooter, but benefits of an SBR (I guess it's actually sold as a pistol) lever action.

I can't say I ever have, but the first movie that I really started thinking along those lines was back when I was a young teen:

View attachment 281528

I didn't even know what a ".45 long slide with laser sighting" at the time, but I wanted one. That, and the phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range. When T2 came out, I wanted a lever action 12 gauge I could cock and fire with only one hand ;)

View attachment 281529

View attachment 281530

Wasn't it Winchester, and or Browning that made a lever action shotgun, for a short period?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top