JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 'Mare's Leg,' which you can buy from Rossi (or ?) in 44MAG or 22LR came about thanks to Steve McQueen; I've read somewhere that there's no historical account or photo of one existing before 1957
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mare's_Leg

I've always wanted one, but can't justify the purchase, but it's a great concept: more rounds than a six shooter, but benefits of an SBR (I guess it's actually sold as a pistol) lever action.
You just need to shoot one...
Video starts at 1:00, .44Mag

I'd be lying if I said I bought my first H&K P7 because I saw it in Die Hard. I found out about it after I bought my M13. Alan Rickman does play a great villain in the movie.
299?cb=20140603180141
378?cb=20131231073033

I've wanted a Lee Speed Sporter since I watched The Ghost and the Darkness. For that matter if love the howdah pistol or the double rifle, too. Any of the bolt guns in Hatari as well, but that was more a push towards certain styling aspects, such as ebony or horn forend tips, barrel band front sights, and barrel band front sling swivel.

More than that, I've wanted guns after reading books. I started a love affair with sporter Springfields after reading about Teddy Roosevelt's hunting trips and Hemingway's Green Hills of Africa.

Funny thread. When I saw Training Day and Denzel using dual 4506's I thought that was pretty cool. At that time I didn't own a 3rd gen Smith and eventually handled one at a LGS just out of curiosity. I now have a 1006 in my collection and love it.

0650e384f17b165a8d01ab4f8ad88aeb.jpg

I can't say I ever have, but the first movie that I really started thinking along those lines was back when I was a young teen:

View attachment 281528

I didn't even know what a ".45 long slide with laser sighting" at the time, but I wanted one. That, and the phased plasma rifle in the 40-watt range. When T2 came out, I wanted a lever action 12 gauge I could cock and fire with only one hand ;)

View attachment 281529

View attachment 281530
You beat me to it. I fell in love with that shotgun from T2. I hear the cheap ones dont run too well and the expensive ones are priced far too high for what they are, however a gift to myself before this summer is over is going to be a lever action 12g. Seen the century ones for about $350-$450.. Ill purchase it right before I get my endorsement so that Ill have to comit to getting a bike shortly after :D

Last Edited:
Ill also add Enemy at the gates, surprisingly I did not have a mosin before I saw that movie, shortly after I went and got me one. Then that stupid craze happened and shot the prices up. So I have my 91/30 that Ill bring out from time to time.

Books more so than movies for me.
Kinda neat reading a history book and having a gun that was or could have been there.

I do like it when the director / props people / writer gets the right era firearm for the movie / book.

My first flintlock was bought with David Crockett in mind.
Just re-watched Sergeant York with Gary Cooper and am think of building a copy Alvin York's long rifle.
Andy

Books more so than movies for me.
Kinda neat reading a history book and having a gun that was or could have been there.

I do like it when the director / props people / writer gets the right era firearm for the movie / book.

My first flintlock was bought with David Crockett in mind.
Just re-watched Sergeant York with Gary Cooper and am think of building a copy Alvin York's long rifle.
Andy
I'm fully with you on books, I blame Thomas Harris for my wanting a Charter Bulldog .44 special. Main character in "Red Dragon" carried a mag-na-port modified one

Not from movies, seems like I never get to see the gun long enough to tell what it is. I get my ideas from magazines, the ones you read not the ones that go in a gun.. Saw the EAA Witness line and had to get an Elite Limited. Saw the .30 carbine and had to get one.

View attachment 281598 Forgot to add that after seeing Jeremiah Johnson for the umpteenth time I finally got a Hawken Rifle.
Andy

Would love to see this close up. Jeremiah Johnson was released when I was in high school. It was filmed in places we use to go and play around on our motor cycles. I'll watch that movie when ever i see it on.!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top