JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The sandbox poses more complex challenges, much more complex than simple criminal extradition. Yes, the decision can open up all sorts of dark doors, but I believe, for this specific instance, it allows targeting warlords without cooperation from the host of apathetic or unfriendly nations.

It's a huge leap to go from attacks on al Queda warlords to military attacks on American neighborhoods. Not saying it's impossible, just a long long stretch from bombing a-holes in the sandbox.

Edit - just to add. My opinion is that once someone has left the country, and is clearly planning attacks on the US or it's solders, then they've given up their rights of due process as a citizen.

I am most concerned with the way it's worded. It's extremely nebulous and far too open to being manipulated for heinous use.

I am long past trusting the government and speak out about it. The way that memo is worded, anyone who does so can be targeted. You can rest assured that it will be interpreted any way it suits them.

The Despot in Chief has again and again proven his disdain for the Constitution as well the People. This is another bold step towards complete totalitarianism.

The problem is beyond bombing!

When you start taking due process away from any one or any group a line is crossed and when accepted by the people... the line will fade. Who is next? Who will they take due process from next.
We have an established judicial system, a process for which they need to follow. We allow them to disregard that for any reason gives the state power to take that right from anyone!

Whats hard to understand about that!
Dont care because you think they should all just die anyway..? Great, let them die after they have been tried and CONVICTED!.
will you change you mind when they target a religion sect?
How about they target Anarchists.. They serve no purpose right.
maybe we can drone strike all Occupiers! They must be guilty of something!

Slippery slope we tread when we give the state power to kill who they want and bypass the judicial system!!

The ironic part of all this is that we are bending over backwards to provide due process to scumbags in the (never to be closed) Guantanamo Bay facility but we are perfectly happy to bomb one of our own citizens (thus avoiding the unpleasantness of interrogation and trial)..

We have stopped capturing enemy combatants to avoid the sticky situation of trying to find a place to house them. Makes it really hard to interrogate a corpse. But we are a kinder, gentler nation now so we don't interrogate prisoners since it would make people dislike us. Instead, we just kill people.

I'm not siding with anybody that denounces their nation and starts doing harm to our bravest souls. They deserve a fate worse than a quick death. I just think this is odd behavior from the administration that told us Bush and Cheney were the antichrist for pouring water down somebody's nose with a doctor standing next to them but it's A-OK to drop some explosives on anybody they deem appropriate (and now let the flames begin).

The fact is that we as a country are allowed to practice the believes as we please as long as it doesn't directly do harm to others. So I.E. the KKK are terrorist by definition but we allow them to exist and practice their ways as long as we cant prove they are doing malicious act against American U.S. citizens. The way I am reading all this is if you believe in AL Qaida's ways but don't practices them or feed them info you still can be prosecuted, this is a violation against the constitution and can lead to many other freedoms being taken away from us.

RFID chipped americans + the disarmed = easy to find targets who won't be able to defend themselves. shoot, they won't even have to send in the police or feds. they could simply drop a bomb on your residence by way of a drone. then they'll move on to the next target. the government media will then proclaim the residence which a bomb was dropped on to was housing a terrorist/terror group. only the foolish will believe such drivel coming from corporate media.

The problem is beyond bombing!

When you start taking due process away from any one or any group a line is crossed and when accepted by the people... the line will fade. Who is next? Who will they take due process from next.
We have an established judicial system, a process for which they need to follow. We allow them to disregard that for any reason gives the state power to take that right from anyone!

Whats hard to understand about that!
Dont care because you think they should all just die anyway..? Great, let them die after they have been tried and CONVICTED!.
will you change you mind when they target a religion sect?
How about they target Anarchists.. They serve no purpose right.
maybe we can drone strike all Occupiers! They must be guilty of something!

Slippery slope we tread when we give the state power to kill who they want and bypass the judicial system!!

I agree...I think what you said goes with my post above as well.

Although the whole thing can lead to dark places, it does specify that they despots cannot be captured or extradited. The ironic part is that the libs wanted to try Bush and Cheney for war crimes because of wiretaps and torture. I guess you could make the case that death is more humane than torture! Let's see if the liberal press tries Obama in the court of public opinion as it did the previous president.

The ironic part of all this is that we are bending over backwards to provide due process to scumbags in the (never to be closed) Guantanamo Bay facility but we are perfectly happy to bomb one of our own citizens (thus avoiding the unpleasantness of interrogation and trial)..

We have stopped capturing enemy combatants to avoid the sticky situation of trying to find a place to house them. Makes it really hard to interrogate a corpse. But we are a kinder, gentler nation now so we don't interrogate prisoners since it would make people dislike us. Instead, we just kill people.

I'm not siding with anybody that denounces their nation and starts doing harm to our bravest souls. They deserve a fate worse than a quick death. I just think this is odd behavior from the administration that told us Bush and Cheney were the antichrist for pouring water down somebody's nose with a doctor standing next to them but it's A-OK to drop some explosives on anybody they deem appropriate (and now let the flames begin).

Yep...A bit weird.

Edit - just to add. My opinion is that once someone has left the country, and is clearly planning attacks on the US or it's solders, then they've given up their rights of due process as a citizen.

You mean allegedly planning attacks, because that memo says the only justification required for a kill order is some government apparatchik to decide if the target was "recently" involved in "activities" posing a threat. "Recently" and "activities" were left undefined. Considering Obama had al-Awlaki's 16 year old son blown up along with a dozen of other children for supposedly being involved in terrorist "activities", you figure the level of proof required is laughably low.

Also need I remind everyone that individualists and government skeptics have been classified as potential terrorists by the federal chekists for decades? Going from drone-assassinating people overseas to people in the US isn't a huge leap, it's a shorter flight for the drones.

Also need I remind everyone that individualists and government skeptics have been classified as potential terrorists by the federal chekists for decades? .[/QUOTE said:
Thats kinda what I was getting at with the wording they used. If your not with them then your against them=makes you a terrorist in the governments eyes. I dont agree with some things the government is doing but I dont think that they should put me in with al-quida

Not sure if many of you knew this little tidbit as well but you CAN be considered a terrorists (if they wish of course) if you have more than 7 days worth of food stocked.

"what's the big deal?" - Well, group 7 days worth of food, political posts, trading guns......looks like every one of you are terrorists.

Yes they may be targeting only the maggot leaders of "terrorist" groups.....for now. These laws are a way to get a foot in the door for something else in mind. Once they introduce things they "can" do, there will be no limit until they achieve their end goal.
It amazes me how some of you can be so ignorant and still think this is good 'ol USA where actual justice prevails. HAHAHA wake up like the rest of us.

I do get paranoid when my government gets paranoid of it's citizens being too free. Government is growing larger and larger, we have police officers twiddling their thumbs on the side of the road drinking coffee waiting for someone to go 10mph over on the highway and yet we need more officers?

They create criminals so they can make government branches larger and larger to combat these "criminals". Don't buy into the sack of crap you're being fed on a daily basis and start realizing the future and quit laughing it off like everyone is crazy. It's not about whether or not if affects you individually right now, what about the next generation, your kids, grand kids, so on. We will NEVER get the rights back when they are stripped and they were there for a reason.

This admin has no issue with arming drug lords in Mexico,(Fast and Furious) Letting children die everyday in Obammys home town,(Most gun control) let muslims and other terrorists come across the southern border.(Check the census) Then wants to take our guns and kill Americans on our own soil.(Read the fricking news) Claim anyone who has an opposing point of view a racist and terrorist.(Keep reading the fricking news some more)

Are these the actions of a Patriotic American Pres well is it???

Hey liberals are you patriotic Americans (Love the Constitution) and will stand up to this path to tyranny or you just like this dictator

Your standup words are empty unless said in public for all to here. Or just go back to sleep until it too late then cry to your momma as she will be the only one left who cares. Hopefully

Sacrificing the few for the good of the many has always been a valid concept. It's really rough on the few though! I haven't trusted the few choosers for a long time, now!

The govt cannot murder Americans in this country without due process. Remember the hell democrats raised about waterboarding? Waterboarding is torture, but murder is fine? These people are hypocrites of the highest order.

tyr·an·ny
[tir-uh-nee] Show IPA

noun, plural tyr·an·nies.
arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority. Synonyms: despotism, absolutism, dictatorship.

The govt cannot murder Americans in this country without due process?

Have you ever heard the saying..."Within proper police procedure." ?

Legal, Moral and Justice can mean entirely different things.

Al Queda is specifically mentioned, but the rest of the wording could be interpreted to mean anyone who opposes the government. That's people like us who consider the government to be overreaching, or consider a POTUS that ignores the Constitution and who creates and overrides the Law of the Land to be a tyrant.

There's lawyerspeak throughout that memo that essentially says they can target anyone depending on how TPTB decide to interpret it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top