Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Anyone else see this? wow

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Shoooter, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Shoooter

Shoooter oregon city Member

2. B.P.

B.P. Gresham Member

I wish I could say that's unbelievable, pretty sad that it is not....

3. Suge206

Suge206 Seattle Active Member

“Lawfulness of a Lethal Operation Directed Against a U.S. Citizen who is a Senior Operational Leader of Al Qa’ida or An Associated Force.”

dont join al qaida

4. Shoooter

Ok what do you suppose Associated Force is?
    Maybe I am reading it wrong

5. quesodilla

quesodilla PDX Active Member

We are the people. And we need to stand up to this tyranny. I dont have the power to do a damn thing. But WE DO!!! This is so out of control. Seal member and other man shot, Teen girl who performed at president’s inaugural events was shot, the list goes on and on people. How about Seal team 6 ??? A coincident is one thing but are they all just this??? How about the military maneuvers in the big cities.

1 person likes this.
  6. husker

husker portland Active Member

On Monday, a bipartisan group of 11 senators -- led by Democrat Ron Wyden of Oregon — wrote a letter to President Barack Obama asking him to release all Justice Department memos on the subject. While accepting that “there will clearly be circumstances in which the president has the authority to use lethal force” against Americans who take up arms against the country, it said, “It is vitally important ... for Congress and the American public to have a full understanding of how the executive branch interprets the limits and boundaries of this authority

So if a person takes up arms to defend his/her rights under the 2a they can blow you away?

7. saxon

saxon springfield Active Member

yup welcom to the new america

8. Kevinkris

Kevinkris Aloha Well-Known Member

and we are told to trust our leaders...

9. sig

sig Vancouver, WA Member

And leave your turban at home and shave close...

10. rumblebee1967

rumblebee1967 Bellingham Active Member

The secrecy surrounding such strikes is fast emerging as a central issue in this week’s hearing of White House counterterrorism adviser John Brennan, a key architect of the drone campaign, to be CIA director. Brennan was the first administration official to publicly acknowledge drone strikes in a speech last year, calling them “consistent with the inherent right of self-defense.”

I am thinking that a fully operational drone for my personal protection could be worth a couple of high capacity mags in trade.

11. Darkhades

Darkhades Tacoma WA Member

The sad fact is this is all illegal and against the 2A which protects us against the government, the fact any of this can pass congress really shows that we as people make super poor decisions when electing these clowns. The ONLY way to combat stuff like this is to have people with our interest run for senator, governor ect... but instead we complain when they do stuff like 100% violate our constitutional rights. As it is amendments like the 4th might as well not exists because of how many holes are in it, they are pretty much give any reason at all to search your car with our you giving your ok and get away with it. The sheep of the world are the problem, they believe by empowering the Government they will be more safe when in fact that is completely the opposite. A few years a go a many walks into a Seattle starbucks and stabs a lady to death with a 5 inch blade knife, while the other 13 by standers watch and hide like cowards. We have fallen so far from what we, the U.S., have stood for, I am truly sad to see how dumb we have become.

oh btw Hitler took away the rights of the citizens to bare arms right before he pulled his mass killings, just sayn...

Firesweep and (deleted member) like this.
  12. chariot13

chariot13 Near Eugene/Springfield Well-Known Member

13. Kelzebubba

Kelzebubba Fort Worth, TX/USA Public Outhouse Active Member

Just follow the Iran example, hijack the radio signal for control...

14. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Let’s apply the same convoluted logic we’ve seen proposed on the gun control debate to this topic.

“…. You are all overreacting, it’s just a suggestion to use drones… I’m not worried since they haven’t actually used a drone to kill anybody yet… You’re all paranoid… I’ll worry about it when there’s a specific proposal to kill people with drones in my neighborhood…blah blah blah”

Unless the “al Qaeda or associated force” are standing naked in the middle of a forest or desert precision-guided bombs are still very indiscriminant and cause a ton of damage in an urban area. They make gangbanger drive byes look accurate in comparison.

I can only imagine if any of this stuff had surfaced during Regan’s term, or Bush 41 or Bush 43. Heck, even during Clinton’s time in office he would have been derided by his own party for proposing this kind of thing.

How far we have come in such a short period of time. Where’s the ACLU on this one? (note the sarcasm)

15. moose

moose northwet coast Well-Known Member

There lies the rub. It can mean anything they want it too.

It seems they are expecting insurrection. They spent billions over the past 10 - 15 years training people in insurgency and counter insurgency tactics, now those people are part of the civilian population.

Oh the unintended consequences (and irony) of that...

16. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

We've only seen this happen where the Americans were clearly Al Quida leaders. Don't think it would be any different in any other theater of war. Think about it, does joining the enemy forces somehow grant you amnesty?

17. gehrheart

gehrheart fidalgo island Well-Known Member

meh! who needs Due Process any way. For that matter we should just let all might king Obama decide who is good and who is bad....

I find your comment disturbing.

joken, DMax, dmancornell and 9 others like this.
  18. John H

John H Whatcom County Well-Known Member

I really don't see what the problem is. You have some one that was working or with for al qa'ida and was killed. SO WHAT.

Cops kill AMERICAN CITIZENS EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE YEAR, don't see anyone talking about that.

19. Shoooter

This has nothing to do with Al Quida. Its the wording that worries me. And oh yeah and the fact that bombs will be being dropped on American neighborhoods. Drone bombs do alot of damage.

20. mosinguy1

mosinguy1 out by the ocean Active Member

what are the gonna send them a note telling them not to leave so they can evacuate the surronding buildings and make sure there is no one else hurt or killed?????

I think not!!!! They could care less about collateral damage. Like I said in another post.....

My only thought is how many nations have sacrificed thier own citizens for the betterment of thier own cause???