JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
got the same preference man. i cant remember ever firing a mag fed pistol that i enjoyed shooting (none the less holding) single action revolvers i tend to enjoy in .357 other then that rifles are just the best imo. i still remember the foreheavy af feeling and kick of my grandfathers 91/30 when i was 8. maybe some are just raised with that preference

When I go to the range witch is maybe once or twice a month I always take different guns pistol 's and rifles I may only fire 20 rounds through this or that but it's just to make sure it works and site's are good some think a day at the range is just for fun witch it is but it is also to make sure your guns work when you need them ...Not a guarantee

I like old rock music some rap some new wave Now called something else some County and METAL MUSIC but I like all guns don't matter if it's 200 year's old or made yesterday I'm interested but I really like the ones that are going to work when I need them

When I grew up, extra food was always nice.
And this required putting a small piece of lead in something and making it dead enough to eat.

Hard to do without a gun. So I always had one handy.
And I still do. ;)

Many a time I wished it was a rifle.
But I was fine with the handgun, when dinner hit the table. :D

Hands down I am better at shooting a rifle or shotgun but I practice with handguns as well.
I like old rock music some rap some new wave Now called something else some County and METAL MUSIC but I like all guns don't matter if it's 200 year's old or made yesterday I'm interested but I really like the ones that are going to work when I need them

Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains the Same" is my favorite rock movie. Although I did like the movie "Heavy Metal" as well.

https://youtu.be/V7fDQP9YJyg

Hands down I am better at shooting a rifle or shotgun but I practice with handguns as well.

Led Zeppelin "The Song Remains the Same" is my favorite rock movie. Although I did like the movie "Heavy Metal" as well.

Lol back in my younger days it was a good movie alone with PINK FLOYD THE WALL REMEMBER THOSE LITTLE PIECE OF PAPER YOU WOULD PUT ON YOUR TOUNGE LOL

Lol back in my younger days it was a good movie alone with PINK FLOYD THE WALL REMEMBER THOSE LITTLE PIECE OF PAPER YOU WOULD PUT ON YOUR TOUNGE LOL

Yea I saw "The Wall" at the midnight movies. Also saw the orignal "Dawn of the Dead" from 1978 time frame.

I'm old enough and I was never in the military so I can say this but I watched the first gulf war on TV sucking on a little piece of paper living in SANTA BARBARA CALIFORNIA WITH THE OTHER HIPPIES

I like shooting them all, to one degree or another, but it ebbs and flows. Interests come and go and sometimes come back again. We are fortunate to have such a rich variety of available arms, shooting sports, hunting opportunities, etc. in this country and in this region.

"I have learned that I really do not enjoy shooting pistols. I dont know, to me, shooting a handgun feels like work while a long gun is more enjoyment."

....my own point of view is just the opposite....shooting long guns are so much easier than hand guns what's the point in wasting your time with something so much easier.....

re: "stump shooting"......why, in my own youth I got so proficient at it even now decades later I can still hit stuff I'm not even aiming at....*kaff*kaff*....hrumphhh....

Over the last few years I have learned that I really do not enjoy shooting pistols. I dont know, to me, shooting a handgun feels like work while a long gun is more enjoyment.
Also, I am leaning to less tacticool long-guns, like my m48. I even started only loading 5 rounds into a SCAR mag rather then the 20 it will take.

Maybe I am getting old :p

That's exactly why I like handguns. They require far more work and concentration. I compare it to golf a little bit. You can do everything right on one shot and the ball/bullet goes exactly where you wanted it to go. But the next ball/bullet is a whole new ballgame (pun intended). And get off on one single critical element and you're fishing that ball/bullet out of the lake, so to speak. I have much room for improvement with shooting pistols. It's what keeps me coming back.

I also don't play much golf anymore btw. Five shoulder surgeries make golf a religious experience. Getting old sucks. Sad face. :(

My buddy has a S&W 460 in 8 3/8; AND in 4";
the 460 is in reality a rifle ballistic far above the 454 Casull and really isn't all that bad for recoil/blast.

I was standing behind him on his intro to his new 4" 460; it about cripple me just with shock waves. He didn't make it thru the entire cylinder full, and I declined his invite to finish it.

On the other hand, a guy at the bowling pin match last fall used his 4" 500 to miss 18 times in a row, without a single pin going down. Sometimes too much is just that, with no other excuse needed.

I personally found that my pistol skills have diminished with age. I can still get good groups when i concentrate, but for some reason pistols just aren't as much fun as they used to be for me. I guess as long as I can for sure hit what I aim to hit then i'm fine, and you will never find me without one glued to my hip, nor will I ever part with any of my pistols except for a trade, or if I get the itch for something calling out to me from behind the glass.(Shhh... The Glock 22 everyday carry doesn't know it may get replaced soon). I can say for rifles though, I have always loved shooting them, and can't see myself getting tired of shooting them.

I like Pistols, but as I also get older I find rifles much more enjoyable, and you know you spend 1200 on a pistol, its hard to see why, not on a rifle . Not even sure what that means lol.

I have more fun with rifles. Shooting pistols is fun, just not as much for me, because I like hitting what I aim at and I get a lot more immediate gratification from a rifle.

I should note though, I started occasionally shooting clays with a shotgun -- I could see that being the most fun of all if I got decent at it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top