JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Annoyed with Some for sale posts

• Yes ! “ Add Dislike Button ”

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No ! I Can live with Dumb posts

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Yes ! “ Overpriced Button ”

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
You know what pizzez me off more than people thinking their junk is worth it's weight in gold?

Native English speakers who the lack basic grammar skills of their own language (auto spell oversights excepted)

It's often painful to read, and an embarrassing sterotypical (gun) group association.

Random improperly capitalized words (or lack there of), improper use of "there, their, they're".... "two, too, to"... "you, your, you're"..... using "why" instead of "while", saying "I could care less" when you mean "I COULDN'T care less"... "common" instead of "come on"... "forms" instead of "forums"....

:D

View attachment 519415
Oh, you are such a grumpy boy.
Yes, most people are not as smart as you (sarc) and we are not as grammatically correct, but you still understand the meaning well enough. Get off your high horse, cowboy. :p

I have, on a couple occasions, politely PM'd an OP. Stated that i thought their price was too high, and included links to other like-items that were for sale. Politely opologized if i insulted in any way. Usually the price is change within a few hours.

Sometime poeple just dont research going prices. They just know what they paid and thought their asking price was reasonable.

If OP doesnt change ad, move on if its not what you want to pay. As said before, its a free market. :)
Pretty much this.

Anyone else annoyed by this thread? :rolleyes:;):D
(Sorry, I couldn't help myself)

Buyers are just as bad as sellers in that regard, I don't like comparing used and new prices for half a day and factoring in all the extra costs that would be tacked on were someone to buy it online and have it shipped to a FFL only for a buyer to try to lowball me by telling me they can get it far cheaper from their guy who knows a guy who knows a guy without ever counting any taxes or other fees in the overall cost

You know what pizzez me off more than people thinking their junk is worth it's weight in gold?

Native English speakers who the lack basic grammar skills of their own language (auto spell oversights excepted)

It's often painful to read, and an embarrassing sterotypical (gun) group association.

Random improperly capitalized words (or lack there of), improper use of "there, their, they're".... "two, too, to"... "you, your, you're"..... using "why" instead of "while", saying "I could care less" when you mean "I COULDN'T care less"... "common" instead of "come on"... "forms" instead of "forums"....

:D

View attachment 519415
Good to know

Probably the hardest part for me in a FS ad is when it is advertised as 'LNIB unfired'.
Technically NO gun being advertised by private party is 'unfired' as it was most likely test fired at the factory.
It can be 'appears to be low round count or POSSIBLY unfired' or 'little to no turn line' (in the case of a revolver) but there is no REAL basis to advertise a gun as 'unfired'
Along with this is the same person (who is advertising an 'unfired' gun) will price it proportionally with say a different model of the same make which WILL have a higher value due to little to no wear and int the box with paperwork.
For example an early Mod 27 Smith LNIB with no wear will have more value than one with wear and obviously fired. However a lesser value Smith, from a later time will not necessarily have a similar wide variance in value between an obviously used and fired one with no box and paperwork or the same model LNIB, with little wear.
Reason is I AM interested in a particular gun on this forum but the above applies and the asking price is way out of line for it's 'LNIB, unfired' advertised condition.

saying "I could care less" when you mean "I COULDN'T care less"...

I just overlook and read on for most all faux pa's except THIS ^^ one. I just can't help myself.

I'm not so good at writing the English language, but I try.

I have, on a couple occasions, politely PM'd an OP. Stated that i thought their price was too high, and included links to other like-items that were for sale. Politely opologized if i insulted in any way. Usually the price is change within a few hours.

Sometime poeple just dont research going prices. They just know what they paid and thought their asking price was reasonable.

If OP doesnt change ad, move on if its not what you want to pay. As said before, its a free market. :)

This is a totally appropriate thing to send someone with an ad that is out of line, price wise IMO. If they get offended, that's their problem. I think the adding of info to someones ad as far as models and specifics that may contradict what the poster THOUGHT was correct isn't out of line either. There's some mighty smart gun folks here and I appreciate the constant info flying around. Always learnin'! :s0155:

I personally see both sides points.
The caveat to this conversation is that the feature of Dislike/Overpriced might help!
Possibly prevent a Scam "Armslist" already has this Feature. I think it's time for Northwest to Fallow with a similar function.

"Make the Button Anonymous"

I'm just looking to help make the FS/WTT form better.

If you can't see that I'm trying to help I'm sorry.

Sometimes I see some Idiot asking too much for a gun.
I get it. And just move on.

Other times I see all us Idiots pass on the deal of the century for days!
I will never understand that. :s0140:

Last Edited:
Personally, I'm more annoyed at the lack of location being listed.

Price is required per forum rules, and generally speaking if someone's ask is too high, they will either lower it over time or not.

Another one of these threads? Just what we need.

As stated previously, and MANY MANY times before that, if you don't like the asking price, MOVE ON.

Thread closed.

Status

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class