JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Listening, not playing (wish I had invested time into an instrument!)?

I'm older now, but I've been passionate since I can remember. Since my first "stereo" as a teenage to finally being able to afford a decent system (only to loose it to the 08' crash :( ). Lots of genres and styles, just loved listening to good music (70's & 80's are best decades, 90's are mostly a wasteland Edit: It's actually not!)! Today, yeah (except for Zach Bryan and The Lumineers) :)

I invested in my car's setup, it's my office and where I spend a lot of time - it's made me smile a lot :)

Recently got back into the home setup and am really enjoying it, something so simple that can bring hours of happiness :)

Is music important to you, do you listen in your car or home or both? Post about what you listen to or your setups!

A distraction "from all the crap in the world" thread :)

Last Edited:
A good portion of my favorite music comes from that "wasteland" period, so I can't be of any help to ya!

Just my preference decades, probably should have worded that better :)

What bands / artists? There's tons of great stuff from the 90's; Madonna reinvented herself, for better or worse. Toad the Wet Sprocket released Fear, Soundgarden, Pearl Jamb, Offspring, Fiona, Daft Punk, Pumpkins, Beck, Garbage, Beastie Boys, Outkast, B.I.G., U2 (yes, I like Achtung Baby), REM, Metallica...

My listening is pretty eclectic :)

Just my preference decades, probably should have worded that better :)

What bands / artists? There's tons of great stuff from the 90's; Madonna reinvented herself, for better or worse. Toad the Wet Sprocket released Fear, Soundgarden, Pearl Jamb, Offspring, Fiona, Daft Punk, Pumpkins, Beck, Garbage, Beastie Boys, Outkast, B.I.G., U2 (yes, I like Achtung Baby), REM, Metallica...

My listening is pretty eclectic :)
"Pretty Eclectic" doesn't even begin to describe my listening! All you listed above is on my playlist.

'90's stuff specifically, Tool, Soundgarden, Counting Crows, Nine inch Nails, Rage against the Machine, Dr. Dre/Snoop, Tom Petty, Guns 'N Roses, Aerosmith, Depeche Mode, Tina Turner, Foo Fighters, Nirvana, Pixies, Live, Bush, STP, A tribe Called Quest, NWA, OMD, Tears for Fears, Boys 2 Men, Bel-Biv-Devoe, Wu-Tang, 2-Pac, Eazy-E the list goes on.

I went to high school in the East Bay Area at the same school as E-40. He was a few years ahead of me, but was getting out there at that time. I went to see him in a club in Oakland and 2-Short showed up and played as well.

I went to high school in the East Bay Area at the same school as E-40. He was a few years ahead of me, but was getting out there at that time. I went to see him in a club in Oakland and 2-Short showed up and played as well.

And there it is, Married to the Game is in the current rotation :)

Forgot about The Cranberries, RIP Delores.

I also have enjoyed listening to music since I was young and I have spent a lot of money on both albums / CDs and on the equipment to play them. The last few years I started comparing the solid state amplifiers I have always owned to the sound from vacuum tube amps, I prefer the tube amps and now own a few of them...
Stereo playback equipment is a big rabbit hole that is possible to go down. Just the needle and cartridge on my turntable is the price equivalent of a new Glock or Sig.
At least now it's a lot cheaper (free) to get digital music than it was to buy albums or cds that would have cost me two + hours of take home pay when I was younger. I now get musical compact discs from local libraries and make an identical copy (flac) to an external hard drive.
This is an advantage of living in a large city like Seattle. Between the Seattle city library system and the library system of the surrounding King County and the nearby Snohomish County library system, it provides access to a huge amount of existing and continuously updated new cds from all genres of music.
I still have the albums my parents bought me as a pre-teenager: Johnny Cash and The Monkees were a few of the first.

Grew up in a musical home. Took some piano/trumpet lessons and never did much there until I taught myself to play guitar in the 60-70s. Various rock/blues bar bands here and there over the decades. Got tinnitus and hearing loss now, so I've switched to acoustic guitar (still rock and blues).

Anyone west of Portland up for an acoustic duo to play an occasional open mic? If you can sing and play, and like interesting music, shoot me a PM.

Node / Ragnarok / Arendal setup in my den

setup1.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews