JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Annoyed with Some for sale posts

• Yes ! “ Add Dislike Button ”

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • No ! I Can live with Dumb posts

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • Yes ! “ Overpriced Button ”

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Reactions
I want to let this be known..
It's getting harder and harder to not comment.. when someone post a ridiculously high price or thinks their Used gun is worth full retail? I know they can ask whatever they want but common..

I see this on Armslist & Northwest

I think there should be a Dislike button Added! Or a Overpriced button at the least!

FA8C7A0C-BD65-4E8E-9B58-4F5475AF343E.jpeg

I've seen more Comments on for sale post over the forms haha :rolleyes:

Last Edited:
How about something like a 'Member comment' button that would allow for a short message that would only be seen by the OP. This way we could all make an opinion on the person's ad, it would only be seen by the op and then he/she could use this info to possibly change the price, remove certain selling conditions etc. A 'dislike' button only doesn't really 'say' anything to the seller.

Been a pet peeve of mine from day one and not because it affects me personally, but rather one of my trigger points is seeing others being taken advantage of. And when I say others I mean a new person to the firearms community who wants to get involved, wants something like a MAK90, and then gets hosed by some jack wad offering up his rare MAK90 for $1200......or his stash of crap .22 ammo for $0.25/round.

How bout MYOB and go about your day?:s0092:

:s0112:

I get it. So many people that are out of touch these days. Every where you look, it's like people are in a trance or something. With all the resources available to research what something might go for too. The human race is obviously dumbing down.

Been a pet peeve of mine from day one and not because it affects me personally, but rather one of my trigger points is seeing others being taken advantage of. And when I say others I mean a new person to the firearms community who wants to get involved, wants something like a MAK90, and then gets hosed by some jack wad offering up his rare MAK90 for $1200......or his stash of crap .22 ammo for $0.25/round.

The same thing goes here to. All sorts of resources to access to educate yourself. Talk to people (NWFA). Internet searches. Caveat emptor (Let the buyer beware) has been a maxim for hundreds of years, and still holds true.

"A fool and his money...." Always has been, always will be.

RE Caveat Emptor, the only guns I've felt we've been taken on were new guns. The used ones I've bought through members here, gun broker, and OAC shows have been fair deals. I researched, checked prices elsewhere and talked with members here.

As stated in the OP one can ask any price they want.
I understand the "HUH" or "What am I missing" or even "WTH , that price is waaaaay too high..."
Not much one can really do about another person's asking price.

A "dislike button" and or "Overpriced button" may ( will ) add more "drama" or quickly turn to thread / classified ad crapping.

If you don't like a price , it might be best to PM the seller with a politely worded counter offer...or just skip it and move on to the next ad that catches your interest.
Andy

So what.
If someone posts something that's to much I just move on.
If someone buys something that they could have gotten cheaper elsewhere, is not my problem or concern.

Almost every time I impulse buy I find that I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else had I looked around first.
But usually when I'm in the market for something, I have already looked into it quite a bit and know what I'm looking for. I assume that I'm not unique in this.

Very true...

One of the many hazards of "electronic communication" is that many nuances and meaning of actual face to face conversation is lost...and much can be easily misunderstood....
Andy

We like to vent around here. It's good for the soul! :D

If you don't like a post move on it's a free economy buyer beware. It has always been the job of the buyer to determine if the product is worth the asking price.

Its always good to remember that "value" and "worth" can mean wildly different things to different people.

I have in the past and I'm sure in the future , trade a gun that has more money value for one of lesser money value...but if the lesser value gun has more of a use for me ...it is "worth it" , to me at least.

The same can be said of pricing ...
The value and worth of a gun for sale , can easily be seen as over or under valued , depending on the buyer's perspective and use of the gun.

Again as has been stated so many times before...research the item ...remember when pricing that what a gun sells for at certain time and place , may not always hold true at every place or time...
Andy

I want to let this be known..
It's getting harder and harder to not comment.. when someone post a ridiculously high price or thinks there Used gun is worth full retail? I know they can ask whatever they want but common..

I see this on Armslist & Northwest

I think there should be a Dislike button Added! Or a Overpriced button at the least!

View attachment 519409

I've seen more Comments on for sale post over the forms haha :rolleyes:
You have to be silent and let the market take care of itself.
They will hear the crickets.

Nothing negative should ever be posted in someone's classified ad.

You know what pizzez me off more than people thinking their junk is worth it's weight in gold?

Native English speakers who the lack basic grammar skills of their own language (auto spell oversights excepted)

It's often painful to read, and an embarrassing sterotypical (gun) group association.

Random improperly capitalized words (or lack there of), improper use of "there, their, they're".... "two, too, to"... "you, your, you're"..... using "why" instead of "while", saying "I could care less" when you mean "I COULDN'T care less"... "common" instead of "come on"... "forms" instead of "forums"....

:D

9A272EC5-142F-4407-B7E7-D333E8A4D879.gif

I have, on a couple occasions, politely PM'd an OP. Stated that i thought their price was too high, and included links to other like-items that were for sale. Politely opologized if i insulted in any way. Usually the price is change within a few hours.

Sometime poeple just dont research going prices. They just know what they paid and thought their asking price was reasonable.

If OP doesnt change ad, move on if its not what you want to pay. As said before, its a free market. :)

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads