JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did you see my handle?

My wife will only let me have one tank so it is 150gallons and in the living room! Everything is plumbed through the bottom and runs nearly silent. Only thing you can hear is the cooling fans for the lights!

anyone else?

You should have seen him he got up into the floating plants somehow today I think he was having a snack! I am in the middle of a 100 gallon water change Maybe I snap some pictures when I get done (in a hour)

Steven

maybe you can help me with a protein skimmer ?. I have a sea clone 100 (I know a cheap one) and I cant get it to adjust right. its either too much air or not enough and I get micro bubbles in the water no matter what. The lfs guy told me this isnt suppose to be happening.

maybe you can help me with a protein skimmer ?. I have a sea clone 100 (I know a cheap one) and I cant get it to adjust right. its either too much air or not enough and I get micro bubbles in the water no matter what. The lfs guy told me this isnt suppose to be happening.

Actually.. the seaclone is a great little skimmer. The big trick.. I know it sounds scary.. is to do a little modification to it. First remove the top.. and get a dremel tool. The inner plastic riser is WAY to tall for that skimmer (assuming this is an older model that hasnt been "fixed") and doesnt allow enough contact time between the "bubbles" and the water. Cut that thing off as far down as you can reach... about 1/2" - 1" up from the bottom. Put it back together, and walla! That fixes almost EVERY problem your going to have with it. You lose some the the "vortex action" but you have a MUCH larger contact chamber for the protiens to attach to the microbubbles!!!

There are actually quite a few websites you can look through to verifiy what I have told you. Just google "Seaclone Mod"... Most of the time, if your having problems with it is A.. this mod hasnt been done, B..you havent increased the pump size and your trying to run it with the stock rio 1200.. C.. You havnet let it run long enough. They typically need a break in period before they calm down... most skimmers do.

For a small tank, this skimmer will DOUBLE the output of skimmate if you mod it a bit! Good luck! P.S. Completely remove that stupid air adjustment valve and let it run full bore.. its to restrictive and to much of a hassle to make work.

I just sold this tank about a month ago..(I needed more firearms!!!) I had it set up for almost 8 Years.. I built the stand, canopy, skimmer AND sump.

I have seen some threads talking about the mod to the riser. if I try to run it with the adjustment valve all the way open it fills the collection cup with wet bubbles that turn into water and it overflows. One guy told me to run an air stone in the bottom of the unit with fine bubbles and not use the air from the powerhead. I mostly just want to get rid of the micro bubbles in the tank. this think is letting some of the foam out and the only way to stop the bubbles is to turn the air off. I'm getting kinda dicouraged with this thing. its been running a few days now and it still is junk.

Do you have a sump? If you do, then run your skimmer there. If not, the only other option is to crank that "air valve" down to almost nothing.. I know it sounds counter productive, but let it run for a few days that way, with minimal bubbles.. Let the "slime" build up on the interior of the skimmer. Alot of times, skimmers will spit wet when there is a lot of crap in the water, so you need to throttle em way down to work. Once it starts running a little more behaved, you can slowly adjust the air back up.. Those skimmers are really more heartache than their worth if all your looking for is a plug and play unit. If your willing to tinker.. they do work.

well my budget is small due to economy in the electrical trade so I have alot of tinkering time and what money I do have is going into live rock, fish, soft coral, and firearms of course.

<broken link removed>

Ok I can't get the picture to link from picasa anyone know how? but here is a link to the lobster if your interested he is around 8 inches now :) Shooting for 12 when full grown!

Steven

We have this, its only a 55gal. My wife is mostly in to plants now days.

dsc0027lp9.jpg

I got a line on Rainbow Cichlids if your interested? Used to breed them it is the last of my stock that is at my parents place.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+889+925&pcatid=925 (only mine are an orange variety must prettier when in breeding colors)
Really pretty fish and really passive as cichlids go!

Steven

Also got a line on these
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=830+1101+1066&pcatid=1066

Currentlyhave more then I can handle in the 150 gallon many are sailfins also. Price well for a few carma for more then a few dozen or so how about gun stuff? Naw never mind just karma they just keep breeding! Very pretty active fish!

Ok probally broke the rules on this one but really looking to give them away to good home so nto really for sale or trade let me know and I will delete my post if need be.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads