JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It annoys me when people complain about the defense budget being trillions of dollars. People need to realize that other countries like China and Russia actively are trying to attack and weaken us in many ways. Not to mention the smaller countries.

On the regional front, we are seeing a bit of trouble due to weather conditions. All of the mountain passes between eastern and western Wash. are cut off due to snow, ice, mudslide, and potential avalance issues. This isn't the first pass closure of the season. Trucks are lined up for miles on both sides of the passes. The produce section at Fred Meyer is suffering. Maybe this is where the Jolly Time popcorn is held up.

I-5 south of Olympia was closed today for a while due to flooding. Water wasn't over the roadway but some ramps and underpasses were flooded. It's been a while, but I remember when water has been over the roadway there. I think it was 2007, and I-5 was closed for several days then.

It annoys me when people complain about the defense budget being trillions of dollars. People need to realize that other countries like China and Russia actively are trying to attack and weaken us in many ways. Not to mention the smaller countries.
compare how the USA, China and the USSR/Russia treated the people they defeated, and who migrates to their countries! The USA ended colonialism after WW2 and helped the world onto its feet with favorable trade and defense deals. I can see why we are hated?

Worse, the Commie and ex-Commie but still autocratic countries don't pay "retail" for their military goods. Their costs are much lower due to juggled economies.

compare how the USA, China and the USSR/Russia treated the people they defeated, and who migrates to their countries! The USA ended colonialism after WW2 and helped the world onto its feet with favorable trade and defense deals. I can see why we are hated?
That's true. We also throw a lot of money around to a lot of countries that rely on our economic power to continue to function.

As late as the 1950's and 60's China was a country of intermittent famine.

Tough lesson to learn and harder to forget...that memory is still very much alive.

We on the other hand have had it easy and have forgotten what price was paid to become the dog that ate first.

Surprised at the number of shortages in fresh and packaged food in the mid west. Produce in particular looked terrible..old and tired. Lettuce at one store in Ohio looked like it should be thrown away rather than in the cooler to be sold.

Bring back manufacturing and production of everything we need to this country.
We have put our future into the hands of people who do not wish us well.

Walmart is having big problems keeping food shelves stocked. I was in there the other day and it's the worst I have seen. I asked the lady running the self checks and she said they are having problems with the delivery trucks. I have not seen the same degree of empty shelves at any of the other stores I visit including Winco, Safeway and Freddy's. Not sure what Walmart's problem is but they are really sucking right now.

Railing against Chinese government policies of hegemonic world domination isn't racist.

The policy of The CCP.....well.......

It is what it is.

How one sees things, is in many cases is a result of their own personal "baggage". As I said.....

Mind you that.....I was NOT trying to incite feelings of Racism (anti-Chinese sentiment).
It's "Up To You"....... if you choose to think otherwise (for this particular instance).

Aloha, Mark

PS.....my first wife was half Chinese. She is a wonderful woman.

BUT, But, but.....YES.
There are some times when I am feeling and beating the Anti-Chinese drum. Like when Xi is saying that "Taiwan must be taken over and the use of force in accomplishing that goal is an option". Hummmm.......threatening World Peace. Is that a good thing? And of course there are other issues....like the policy of how they handle the Uyghurs, etc....

Some people might just say that the policy/will of the Chinese people is not the same thing as a policy/statement of Xi or The CCP.

Rrrrright.....I guess it's easy to tell the "peace loving communist" from those who will pull the trigger when/while invading Taiwan?

Disinformation and confusion. No doubt that seeding "personal doubts" in your foe is a good thing. YES.....I suspect that many in China see the USA as their foe.

Using WW2 as an EXAMPLE. I'm left wondering.....
How does one.....
Bomb the Nazi cities and their means for making war but not the peace loving German People?

Last Edited:
Bring back manufacturing and production of everything we need to this country.
We have put our future into the hands of people who do not wish us well.
And just like that.....
I was left thinking?
MIss_me_yet_Trump.png

Aloha, Mark

Does that mean that the Asian food aisle or the Mexican food aisle in my local supermarket is racist?
It is cultural appropriation of the very best kind, when done right. Unfortunately, much of the ethnic food I have bought in various stores is not very good, unless it is a store run by and dedicated to a certain ethnicity. E.G., Apna Chat Bhavan.

We still supported "banana republics", tyrants/despots/puppets/etc., that were to our monetary benefit and surreptitiously overthrew governments. And we still do.

We still supported "banana republics", tyrants/despots/puppets/etc., that were to our monetary benefit and surreptitiously overthrew governments. And we still do.
no denying we had self interest in many things. My point being we at least made an effort of historic generosity towards not only the defeated but the allies and the world. No other conquering army in history spent as much helping so many we had no obligation to help.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top