JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
DALIAN, China/TOKYO -- Less than 20% of the world's population has managed to stockpile more than half of the globe's maize and other grains, leading to steep price increases across the planet and dropping more countries into famine.
The hoarding is taking place in China.
COFCO Group, a major Chinese state-owned food processor, runs one of China's largest food stockpiling bases, at the port of Dalian, in the northeastern part of the country. It stores beans and grains gathered from home and abroad in 310 huge silos. From there, the calories make their way throughout China via rail and sea.
China is maintaining its food stockpiles at a "historically high level," Qin Yuyun, head of grain reserves at the National Food and Strategic Reserves Administration, told reporters in November. "Our wheat stockpiles can meet demand for one and a half years. There is no problem whatsoever about the supply of food."
According to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, China is expected to have 69% of the globe's maize reserves in the first half of crop year 2022, 60% of its rice and 51% of its wheat.

(Excerpt) Read more at asia.nikkei.com ...

DALIAN, China/TOKYO -- Less than 20% of the world's population has managed to stockpile more than half of the globe's maize and other grains, leading to steep price increases across the planet and dropping more countries into famine.
The hoarding is taking place in China.
COFCO Group, a major Chinese state-owned food processor, runs one of China's largest food stockpiling bases, at the port of Dalian, in the northeastern part of the country. It stores beans and grains gathered from home and abroad in 310 huge silos. From there, the calories make their way throughout China via rail and sea.
China is maintaining its food stockpiles at a "historically high level," Qin Yuyun, head of grain reserves at the National Food and Strategic Reserves Administration, told reporters in November. "Our wheat stockpiles can meet demand for one and a half years. There is no problem whatsoever about the supply of food."
According to data from the U.S. Department of Agriculture, China is expected to have 69% of the globe's maize reserves in the first half of crop year 2022, 60% of its rice and 51% of its wheat.

(Excerpt) Read more at asia.nikkei.com ...

More worries on the plate than what countries are hoarding food.
However, I will say from my time in China, news from the government and any government backed entity, such as COFCO, is doctored and suspect, to say the least. I will point to their reporting on Covid as an example.
RE: Food prices increasing -- inflation is already rampant, and the food chain is showing cracking signs too. Price fluctuations on staples, where costs will increase 20% or more in a week, are evidence. Specifics would be fresh produce, meats, i.e. fast turnaround stuff.
Non-perishables are close behind.

1254647319333.jpg
Perhaps, I'll be next?
Oh_My.jpg
Cat soup?
moar_please.jpg
How_Dare_You.gif
Soup_Nazi.png
OK, Ok, ok.....another alternative.....perhaps?
1641017564933.jpg
Soylent-green-its-people.png

Aloha, Mark

PS....remembering....

"To Serve Man"

For those that have missed it.

Last Edited:
What a creative set of pics - thanks! Funny I always remember in the original Terminator movie when the kid underground chases down and kills a rat for dinner. Holds it up by the tail all proud. My date ten+ years ago - where do you see yourself in ten years? (Golddigger of course) .......... "Clubbing a rat for dinner." No second date lol.

I was afraid to post #292.

+++++++

Mind you that.....I was NOT trying to incite feelings of Racism (anti-Chinese sentiment).

So then (Fast forward a bit)......
I was gonna post.........
About how some of these "new thinking folks" believe that foods and the food isles in your local grocery stores are RACIST. Reallllly.....OMG?!?!

BUT, But, but.....
I didn't want to upset the moderators. So, I'm not posting the YouTube vids.

So well, look it up for yourself. I suggest using the YouTube key words: Racist Food

Imagine that......(for some people) FOOD can be/is actually RACIST (an expression of White Supremacy/Institutional and Systemic Racism, etc.....etc.....). Oh, so much HURT FEELINGS.

Why not? Just eat it and enjoy it. And if you don't like it, don't eat it.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
I was just wondering if anyone has any concerns about a food shortage? I know with a of the flooding in the Midwest that a lot of farmers gave up on planting this year.

Illinois farmers give up on planting after floods, throw party instead

I am not sure how dependent we are on corn or other crops for from the Midwest but would expect higher prices since millions of acres of corn were not planted. I am thinking about stocking up on some canned goods and other items now.

I am not sure if MSM has posted anything yet either but I expect food prices to rise in the future.
It's something always to consider, in my newbie preparation I've been vacuum sealing dry beans and rice for surplus. I then put them in water proof sealed containers. With what I have now as long as we have water to boil we could live off surplus for quite a awhile.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top