JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Walmart is having big problems keeping food shelves stocked. I was in there the other day and it's the worst I have seen. I asked the lady running the self checks and she said they are having problems with the delivery trucks. I have not seen the same degree of empty shelves at any of the other stores I visit including Winco, Safeway and Freddy's. Not sure what Walmart's problem is but they are really sucking right now.
We were in Fred Meyer yesterday, the produce section had a lot of holes in it. But then again, they have cut the size of that department down in order to enlarge the more profitable liquor and wine dept. Today, we were in Winco and they had everything in plenty in the produce dept. Winco has a small specialty liquor dept. in the front of the store.

The difference in business philosphy between Fred Meyer (Kroger) and Winco (majority employee owned) is striking. The decision by Winco not to adopt mass liquor sales as a profit driver is revealing.

We shop for a few items at Chef's Store (Smart & Final, Cash and Carry), a so-called wholesale grocers but you have to be real careful on price observation. They have a ton of holes in their shelves,

We make Walmart runs once in a while, I haven't noticed too many bare shelves there lately, at least not in the couple of stores around here I shop in for the items wanted.

I have chickens. Or, I should say my spouse and MIL wanted chickens, so I take care of them. I just gave my neighbor a dozen fresh eggs because he uses his John Deere front loader to clear the sidewalks. I still have like 5 dozen in the fridge, and I don't even like eggs.

I have no idea what this shortage is you speak of...

just like our President.

I suspect that......
And I think that.......
The elites/rich folks (i.e. Brandon, Bill, Hillary, Michelle, Barry, Kamala, Nancy, Chucky, etc....) don't do much of their own food shopping.

So anyway......
Trying to explain to them about the anger and frustrations (over the higher food costs/inflation) that the average person is dealing with is......
Well, it's probably way over their level of understanding.

Rrrrrrright........

"Let them eat cake."

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:
China has visions of world ECONOMIC domination and they are succeeding. How China Got Rich on YouTube is a pretty good watch.

An American in 1975 vs now has a current lower standard of living. A Chinese person's standard of living on average is up over 400%.

We have visions of world domination via a $$ funny money printing press and a powerful military. All the while we produce almost nothing now. A debtor economy spiraling out of control.

US Troops in 270+ countries? Surrounding Russia with missiles. Nearly almost at war somewhere in our history.

Not seeing China spreading its military over the entire globe.

If the Petro Dollar, as the world's reserve currency, ever dies we will all by joining the tent folks. In the last 18 months another six trillion in debt. Now THAT should scare people, but it doesn't because the media determines what people should fear now. Inflation raging out of control. At this rate, a steak at the store will be $25 next year and gas $9+ a gallon.

Finding others as the scapegoats for what we have done to ourselves will solve nothing.

I love this country, but the end is definitely down the road. The people have spoken and they don't care. We have given our lives away to power hungry fear mongers. Or as one unnamed person once said --

"All Empires come to an end, but not this one. Pretty sure this one will last forever."

China has visions of world ECONOMIC domination and they are succeeding. How China Got Rich on YouTube is a pretty good watch.

An American in 1975 vs now has a current lower standard of living. A Chinese person's standard of living on average is up over 400%.

We have visions of world domination via a $$ funny money printing press and a powerful military. All the while we produce almost nothing now. A debtor economy spiraling out of control.

US Troops in 270+ countries? Surrounding Russia with missiles. Nearly almost at war somewhere in our history.

Not seeing China spreading its military over the entire globe.

If the Petro Dollar, as the world's reserve currency, ever dies we will all by joining the tent folks. In the last 18 months another six trillion in debt. Now THAT should scare people, but it doesn't because the media determines what people should fear now. Inflation raging out of control. At this rate, a steak at the store will be $25 next year and gas $9+ a gallon.

Finding others as the scapegoats for what we have done to ourselves will solve nothing.

I love this country, but the end is definitely down the road. The people have spoken and they don't care. We have given our lives away to power hungry fear mongers. Or as one unnamed person once said --

"All Empires come to an end, but not this one. Pretty sure this one will last forever."
We are so soft. As long as they keep letting us have our 400 channels on TV, heat in our homes, and high sugar and fat foods, we will let them do whatever they want. If any of that goes away, the people will riot, not revolt, and it will be too late.

Gentleman, just na FYI, There are millions and millions of pounds of crops that the government pays farmers NOT to grow each year, and there are millions of lbs of crops in storage, a light grow year will do nothing but raise prices of everything like the government has been doing since Biden took office in one way or that other and blamed it all on Covid... That's my take.

1646762324893.png

IF we are truly concerned about global warming and water shortages. Why does the GOVERNMENT allow vineyards and hazelnut orchards to continue to be planted all over western Oregon, they are water pigs for little value nutritionally? SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!

IF we are truly concerned about global warming and water shortages. Why does the GOVERNMENT allow vineyards and hazelnut orchards to continue to be planted all over western Oregon, they are water pigs for little value nutritionally? SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!
Filberts do not require irrigation once they are established.

Vineyards are very profitable and pay a lot in taxes.

I'm not that concerned. We have about 900 million acres of farmland in this country ready to produce, and it produces so much we export a lot of it.
Not to mention the fact that many farmers are paid "Not" to grow crops, or they are a part of the "Alternate Fuels" cash cow! This nation has so much unused farm land we could be completely self sufficient in just two years!

If the Ukraineians can kick Russias arse, they would have more then double our lands to farm, and if we were friendly with them, that would make for some serious potential to feed others who cannot grow like China! Force China to pay it's fair share in things and maybe we can break their strangle hold over us!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top