JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's for sure! More reason to hammer them with the facts, and more reason (in their presence) to lobby the legislators to address the real problems...
The epidemic of mental illness, and the fact that the laws in Washington allow criminals who use guns during the course of a crime to plead down a firearms enhancement charge. How about make it impossible for a perp to plead down a firearms enhancement charge, and make it a, "use a gun and go to prison" law?

Be careful what you wish for.....this has the potential to be used against a law abiding citizen if a jury finds them guilty of murder rather than self defense. Would you care to expand that thought a bit more?

Want to know how to tell if you are winning an argument with a liberal?

They call you a BIGOT.

I think the same theory works here.

Hammering them with facts is good. But we want to win an initiative, and if lucky, we'll have about 30 seconds of attention from the large number of low information voters. So you have to stay on message, and you don't give your opponents handy sound bites that some people will find offensive. An NRA spokesman joking about the 'murder your mom' loophole is tailor made for the antis. The WAGR message is tailored to mothers already, and Judy's quote is bound to get their attention.

Don't believe me? Try that quote on some neutral moms and report back what they thought.

I think there's no point arguing with the antis. They don't really care about "safety" or "reasonableness", they only care about getting our guns so Big Brother can take over with less resistance.

The people we have to present our case to are the folks in the middle who don't have an agenda.

Hammering them with facts is good. But we want to win an initiative, and if lucky, we'll have about 30 seconds of attention from the large number of low information voters. So you have to stay on message, and you don't give your opponents handy sound bites that some people will find offensive. An NRA spokesman joking about the 'murder your mom' loophole is tailor made for the antis. The WAGR message is tailored to mothers already, and Judy's quote is bound to get their attention.

Don't believe me? Try that quote on some neutral moms and report back what they thought.

I would hope that some moms would at least be objective enough to realize that someone who is willing to murder his own mother in order to take possession of a weapon, may in fact not really care about background check laws.

Except is WASN'T A JOKE, it was sarcasm pointing out that "UBC" wouldn't have stopped Sandy Hook, just like I-954 won't do a DAMNED thing, except burden already peaceful law-abiding citizens, and pave the way for an in-depth gun registry the pink-o's can later utilize to facilitate their "final solution".... gasp, was that making light of the gas chambers? Dang, I just said, "light" when referring to gas chambers, was I make fun of the ovens now, too?! :s0131:

No, no even close.

Not sure how they can make this claim as the disrespect was actually from them. Or perhaps maybe my comments and those of others that flooded the Gov. FB page made them feel disrespected. (He still hasn't replied to our requests for answers) We have actually made complaints on two issues. First is that WA House rules forbid outside testimony until after residents are allowed to do so. This did not happen as outsiders were allowed to testify before residents and there was a long line of residents that were not allowed to do so due to time constraints. They disenfranchised residents by violating the very house rules they voted on within the last year. The second issue is that they rigged it to tie up the gun rights groups outside registering their support/opposition while the gun control group entered the hearing and were allowed to do so inside the chambers. This effectively loaded the hearing with gun control folks. Yes, some of us were open carrying including myself however that is nothing new for me as I do so every day.

Although I wasn't there, I did watch this hearing live. I was amazed that "They" went up there with NO FACTS! All they had were a few people who were shot by "a person who's mental issues were not addressed" and had they, 594 wouldn't have helped! I was really hoping that someone would ask Gabby "If 594 was enacted prior to her getting shot, would it have prevented it?" Pulling on the heartstrings is how they do business where as those who opposed 594 addressed the issue with facts and figures.
The politicians were smart enough not to touch this so all we can do is prey that the people voting do their homework and relize this is an end run on our 2nd amendment rights!

The 1551 hearing in Oregon was the exact same thing. A bunch of emotional "GUNS ARE EVIL!" ranting with either blatant lies, blatant twisting of facts, or zero facts. We even had the lawyer/politician who wrote the bill lie about it. And then claim we were, "a bunch of conspiracy theorists."

Maybe they should take a gander at all the, "We should let your kids play with loaded guns," and "why don't we just lock all the gun owners in a room together" crap that anti-gun people post. While I'll acknowledge there are extremists on both sides, gun owners are FAR more civilized.

Well, it wasn't a "joke" even though the anti-gun nuts try to infer that it was.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
Defender of Freedom Award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"A gun is like a parachute. If you need one and don't have it, you'll probably never need one again!"

Not sure how they can make this claim as the disrespect was actually from them. Or perhaps maybe my comments and those of others that flooded the Gov. FB page made them feel disrespected. (He still hasn't replied to our requests for answers) We have actually made complaints on two issues. First is that WA House rules forbid outside testimony until after residents are allowed to do so. This did not happen as outsiders were allowed to testify before residents and there was a long line of residents that were not allowed to do so due to time constraints. They disenfranchised residents by violating the very house rules they voted on within the last year. The second issue is that they rigged it to tie up the gun rights groups outside registering their support/opposition while the gun control group entered the hearing and were allowed to do so inside the chambers. This effectively loaded the hearing with gun control folks. Yes, some of us were open carrying including myself however that is nothing new for me as I do so every day.

This is the exact truth.

The real "disrespect" was in how the state officials rigged the meeting to unbalance the attendance, and invited out of state celebrities to speak ahead of and far longer than any state residents were allowed to. It was a blatant display of favoritism.

Would be interested to see someone could determine if any laws were broken here. I don't have the legal mojo to do so.

This is the exact truth.

The real "disrespect" was in how the state officials rigged the meeting to unbalance the attendance, and invited out of state celebrities to speak ahead of and far longer than any state residents were allowed to. It was a blatant display of favoritism.

Would be interested to see someone could determine if any laws were broken here. I don't have the legal mojo to do so.
The main issue as I understand it is first, the rules are not actual laws but rather guidelines, and second is that there is no enforcement mechanism in place to make sure they are followed. That means it is left up to us to "Voice" our opposition to their blatant disregard for them.

This is the exact truth.

The main issue as I understand it is first, the rules are not actual laws but rather guidelines, and second is that there is no enforcement mechanism in place to make sure they are followed. That means it is left up to us to "Voice" our opposition to their blatant disregard for them.

Have you not received the memo? Laws, rules, or "guidelines" only apply to the average joe-schmoe-citizen. We have the POTUS, and both OR and WA governors refusing to uphold and carry out federal/state laws that they don't agree with.

This action is "members only" of course, and the electorate isn't invited!

Have you not received the memo? Laws, rules, or "guidelines" only apply to the average joe-schmoe-citizen. We have the POTUS, and both OR and WA governors refusing to uphold and carry out federal/state laws that they don't agree with.

This action is "members only" of course, and the electorate isn't invited!

Your not going to get any argument from me on that. They refuse to uphold and carry them out and then if they don't like what the legislature comes up with they just whip out a pen and create their own rules. What I fail to understand is how the legislatures just sit around and let it happen. If they are going to do that then they might as well not be a part of the process. Note, this does not mean agree that they should be getting anything done. Our founders intentionally wanted it to be difficult for them to do so and therefore I cheer every time someone complains that they are not doing so. They did not however make it that way with the intention of the POS bypassing them just because he lacks patience or doesn't like what they are doing. Okay, rant over, I know that this is not really the place for this. FWIW, anyone here that wants to be active in fighting this (in either state) send me a PM and I'll keep you posted with what we have going on. I'm actually leading a coalition of several groups that we recently started so that we have a united effort. I-594 is going to the polls (I've already verified this with two different representatives) so we have to take the fight right to the voters.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top