JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OH, BOO HOO....get out the crying towels...

Anti-gunners take initiative fight to new level…downward

The Seattle Times is reporting this morning that “a group of gun-violence victims” attending a hearing on Initiatives 591 and 594 before the state Senate Law & Justice Committee have complained that they were “disrespected.”

<broken link removed>

Guess respect to them means the NRA and us gun owners need to just roll over and accept what is coming without a fight. Cause anything else is "disrespect".

I have great sympathy for the victims of any crime. And the best thing I can do to help victims of crime is to make sure it doesn't happen again. How do we do that? Strong laws for criminals. Especially the criminals who use any form of violence in the commission of their crimes. Put 'em away.

Any thing less than that is to truly disrespect those victims.

Sodbuster

Although I wasn't there, I did watch this hearing live. I was amazed that "They" went up there with NO FACTS! All they had were a few people who were shot by "a person who's mental issues were not addressed" and had they, 594 wouldn't have helped! I was really hoping that someone would ask Gabby "If 594 was enacted prior to her getting shot, would it have prevented it?" Pulling on the heartstrings is how they do business where as those who opposed 594 addressed the issue with facts and figures.
The politicians were smart enough not to touch this so all we can do is prey that the people voting do their homework and relize this is an end run on our 2nd amendment rights!

I still have a hard time getting over the fact that Gabby and spaceman were even allowed to speak and take time away from CITIZENS of WA and OR! Time was limited for citizens, but seemingly not for the Bloomberg financed clown show.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Would these be the same people who bad mouth law abiding citizens and blame the NRA for the acts of criminals and insane people? in some cases calling for their death?

So yea sorry to disrespect you.......................................NOT

Respect?

That's a laugh. I was always taught that respect is earned...

But, like everything else with the Left, they wouldn't know how to earn anything on their own......they're too used to getting everything for nothing.

This makes me cautious optimistic. They always use "feelings" and "emotion" to argue. Being offended makes them appear desperate.

A LOT of "misinformation" in the letter above!! If a formar FFL can't tell the truth about background checks (especially the statement that NICS isn't in all states) it makes you wonder.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Yes, they disrespected WA by wheeling out Gabby and the spaceman. This has nothing to do with them.

Did Brian Judy really say that Lanza used the " ‘murder-your-mom loophole"? :huh:

Grab your tissue... The following is the father of the man who did the (Seattle) Cafe' Racer Cafe' murders, and the separate murder, and then turned the gun on himself.

Full disclosure: I used to hold a federal gun license. My son became a headline,(Cafe Racer), killing himself and five others with his legal, store bought guns.

I 591 calls for waiting until there are uniform national laws. I have oft stated that the first thing to do nationally is toughen NICS, which has a minority of States participating, and those who do having a hodgepodge of standards for what is reported and who is classed to be reported. The issue of going across a state line to where they can't see your home-state records is not addressed. Perhaps I 591 will give this the attention it has long deserved.

I applaud Seattle Assistant Police Chief Carmen Best. The issue should be strengthening the lines we already have. We should and can work all as one for this, to "more aggressively " assure guns are taken from and stay out of the wrong hands. Again the lead is by a Republican, Penn. Rep Tim Murphy and his hr 3717 which would change HIPPA laws so information can get to where it is needed.

Well there IS a "uniform national standard" already in place, I-591 protects that. I-594 is rather convoluted and at the hearings last week, there were enough concerns about different parts of the measure from different people to send a strong signal that the initiative has some serious problems.

The dipsticks who contend we can fix the problems after it is passed evidently ain't from around here. Under our constitution, you can't touch an initiative for at least two years after it is passed.

As for Carmen Best...she shows up in Uniform at both hearings to support 594.
Now, what would happen to a Seattle beat cop who showed up in uniform to testify against that POS?

This bonehead should keep his clapping to himself

crybaby1.jpg

crybaby1.jpg

Where exactly did that post from Walter Stawicki come from?

It was stupid to make a joke in poor taste like that and play into WAGR's hands. Judy just gave 594 a nice campaign commercial.

Where exactly did that post from Walter Stawicki come from?

It was stupid to make a joke in poor taste like that and play into WAGR's hands. Judy just gave 594 a nice campaign commercial.

Bullsquat.

Judy said what needed to be said and the anti-gunners are just getting all righteously indignant to deflect public attention away from the fact that their arguments in favor of that measure were just b!+ch slapped in front of a live audience.

"Oh the humanity, somebody just called B.S. on us! Ooooohhhhhhhhh dear, we must destroy these people."

I was sitting there one row back. I might have said the same thing, and added a few bells and whistles.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top