JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, one last thought on Mr. Hughes:

Merica used arms to defeat its tyrannical king, setting in motion the creation of the greatest and freest nation on the planet. Those oppressed by the king were endowed with wisdom modern society cannot fathom. That wisdom led to this representative form of government, but more importantly, to individual freedoms and RIGHTS no other nation on earth can proclaim.

I suggest you go back to Britain and fulfill your role of serf to your government. Be sure to take Piers Morgan with you, y'all have plenty in common!

:cool:
I'd say given the state of our own politics & CA/NY/NJ/MA &c gun laws that we might hesitate just a bit before so criticising the British. A number of my own Ancient Grandfathers engaged in armed conflict with George III's guys. Though our family still remembers, we are finally done with the anger.

jc,

I lived as a homeless kid with my dad hitchhiking around the country for many, many years.

I got to experience the fare at Salvation Army transient lodges and Jesus Saves type missions, plus the kindness of strangers.

Eventually, I did well in the world...

I know bad, mediocre, good and great food.

I'd say given the state of our own politics & CA/NY/NJ/MA &c gun laws that we might hesitate just a bit before so criticising the British. A number of my own Ancient Grandfathers engaged in armed conflict with George III's guys. Though our family still remembers, we are finally done with the anger.

I disagree. We still have much to be weary of the Britts. They are actively meddling with our legislation and playing an active role manipulating US via media and lobby. We really never stopped fighting the ideology behind England which is now the UK. We the people, are fighting an ideological war against tyranny and the royal elite, who have managed to passify their subjects quite effectively. We should be 100% unapologetic to our neighbors and entertaining their subjugated ideology is the beginning of the end of our free nation.

*And don't get me wrong, we are fighting the elites not good British folks. The good British folks have just drank the Kool-aid, and the best way to combat this tyranny is to always be unapologetic about statist group think.

Last Edited:
Remember this: Couple discover 7,500 machine gun, shotgun and pistol bullets in their back garden while weeding their pond

police did not feel need to evacuate couple.. couple plan to move don't feel safe there... and what the heck makes something a "machine gun bullet?

That article was painful to read. how an adult can be so weak and fearful that they are terrified a waterlogged .22 is going to explode and maim them and the pictures of the police ripping the floorboards of their house up wearing tyvek suits just makes me sad.

That article was painful to read. how an adult can be so weak and fearful that they are terrified a waterlogged .22 is going to explode and maim them and the pictures of the police ripping the floorboards of their house up wearing tyvek suits just makes me sad.

With enough conditioning and social pressure you can convince people that inanimate objects can be dangerous in and of themselves. It's coming soon to all parts of a country near you.

You posted that just as I'm sitting down to my supper of watered-down gruel without any gruel in it, and a breadless sammidge without any kind of filling. Sure, we don't eat well here, ask the international Michelin Food guide. :rolleyes:

You guys really do make I laff sometimes with the Brit-knock. Do you lie awake at night thinking this stuff up?

'You awake, dear?'

'Sure am, honey, just trying to think of a few more insulting comments I can make about them pesky Brits, y'know, maybe mentioning tea, bad teeth, stupid gun laws, driving on the wrong side of the road, cra*py cars, cra*py manners, cra*py little homes, cra*py most everything, right? Really makes me wonder why we have anything to do with them at all, hear what I'm sayin'?'

'Yeah, sure does make you wonder why so many of us there every year in HUGE numbers. 'spose it's to see real history, real pageantry, all those castles and stuff. So many of us have ancestors who came from there, after all. And then there's the other thing, y'know, aren't they the best allies we've ever had? Like, Iraq, Afghanistan, that kind of thing? I thought that those cra*py Brits and their cra*py little Army and Air Force and SF teams were right there with us? Guess I got that all wrong...'

It's getting tiresome, folks, it really is.

Little touchy eh what? Get a sense of humor mate. We are buddies, in fact my family's from merry old England. My first car was a Healy 3000, I've had B's, XJ6's, Cortina's, etc. I raced Irish made formula fords with a "Kent" ford motor for 23 years. I think William Lyons and Colin Chapman were the greatest car designers ever. We have a Royal Treasurer in our family tree, and were granted tobacco farming land in (Queen) Maryland in the 1600's by the Crown. I just might be more english than you except for still bowing to the Queen thing.

That's why we can kid each other. But it didn't seem like your home boy in Yellowstone (a guest in our country at the time) was kidding. He's the one who made it about England vs the US, thus the reaction. If he's offended by a single open carry in Yellowstone then he might want to stay in the National Parks, it gets way wilder than that here!

We both have enough to be embarrassed about with our own country and leaders on a given day, let's us keep it easy and light. If you get over this way bring your shotty and we'll head out with my (English) setter for some pheasant or partridge. That's for real, I'll show you some American hospitality and the real west.

Last Edited:
Now i am seriously concerned by the open carry guy's poor choice in holsters. If you oun one, please toss it.

But next up, those British bedwetters will be asking us for help to get their tanker back from Iran. There Navy is now so small, they can barely patrol their shores.

Odd, I carried a duty 1911 in the duty version of that holster for over 20 years and had nary an issue. It is a function of the user being smarter than their equipment, training with it, and keeping their friggin finger out of the trigger guard until on target. Of course my 1911 had three safety devices on it and additionally a far a more important one ... training.

Mr. Hughes, bit of a cheeky fellow aren't you? Just because YOU don't see a need to carry, doesn't mean there isn't one, ya bloody wanker!

Be sure to take Piers Morgan with you, y'all have plenty in common!

Dang, you beat me to it. Piers is a disgrace!!

I once spent an afternoon in a Heathrow pub while on a layover!

But have you ever slept at a Holiday Express? ;)

Scotland is still part of the UK, so I chastise you all for failing to recognize Haggis as the superior food that it is. Especially when a bit spicy.

Imperial Stout, Pure Awesome'ness, the Royalty of Beer!
Bread Pudding, Awesome with out equal!
Fish and Chips, Awesome, Deep Fried Goodness from the Country that Invented Deep Fried Frying!
Spotted Dick, Awesome with a naughty name!
Plum Duff, Pure boiled/steamed Awesome'ness!
Steak and Kidney pie, Animal bits and pieces in a dish fit for kings!
Sheppard's Pie, most satisfying after a hard winter days work, followed by an Imperial Pint of that most awesome of brew!
Ploughmans plates, who doesn't love cheese and sweet crackers and branston pickle!
Birdy, Nuff Said
Popover, Deep Fried Perfection!
And that most awesomest of awesome..................BANGERS, a sausage with out equal, goes with everything, almost like Bacon, Even better with Mash!
No wonder I'm fat, I LOVE English food!

A country that can give the world Jaguar, Battleships, Tanks, Radar and real Beer is tops in my book!
I never got the Brit-Bashin, we own an awful lot of our country's success to our English Cousins, and other then that little Dust up in the 1700's have only ever been friends and allies, so much so that the very FIRST to respond to any need of ours has ALWAYS been England!

I tip a few Pints to my English Friends!

Scotland is still part of the UK, so I chastise you all for failing to recognize Haggis as the superior food that it is. Especially when a bit spicy.
I have traveled a bit in my work, S.E. Asia to Western Europe. Came to the personal conclusion that the most unpalatable food on the planet is someone else's delicacy. Spoken from limited -Thank God! -experience.

tac,

Thanks for the information regarding 'that' particular set of criminals.

As to food: I love English food. Had plenty of it when I was there.

What do I know about food?

Ultimately, it was part of my job to be wined and dined by top management of corporations all over the world, thus I have quite a considerable amount of exposure to world class cuisine....

I would hazard a guess those who knock English food probably haven't had any, but are quick to 'jump on the band wagon' of knocking the food.

And you're right about the U.K. being tremendous allies.

I fully appreciate it and think most Americans do also.

As to mocking U.K. law: How hypocritical.

As if our laws here make much greater sense each and every time...nope...with ever increasing corrosion....
re: The food-- With names like "Spotted Dick" and "Cock-a-Leakie" You can at least understand American apprehensions. Bubble and Squeak? That usually comes after a couple Der Wienerschnitzel chili-cheese dogs

re: Mocking their laws-- I wonder if it's not more about their losses of freedoms and a distinct worry about the direction we Americans appear to be moving.

re: The food-- With names like "Spotted Dick" ...

One of my absolute favorite series of books is Aubrey/Maturin series, set in the age of sail. Anyway, there's a recipe book including spotted dick, and many others mentioned in that series: Amazon.com: Lobscouse and Spotted Dog: Which It's a Gastronomic Companion to the Aubrey/Maturin Novels (9780393320947): Anne Chotzinoff Grossman, Lisa Grossman Thomas, Patrick O'Brian: Books

There's also a recipe for "Drowned Baby", probably one of the best names:

I like to tease my Scots sister-in-law about Haggis, but I actually like it better than she does. She'll eat it on January 25th, but I like it with a breakfast of eggs, bacon and toast. [I can skip the tomatoes with breakfast though.]

Who wouldn't love some Spotted Dick?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads