JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm in my 50s. Lived in the USA 98-99% of my life and have never met an anti gun person. No matter how much they say they hate guns there is always a but...

..but my grandfather was a hunter. Cops should have guns. We should arm the rebels. Jason Bourne is a bad azz.

Actually the more liberal the person the more I find them into virtual images of violence and "wouldn't it be cool" violence. They want to control other people but given the actual chance without consequences these would be horrible people. I just can't trust people who can't trust themselves with the power of a firearm.

Open carry is not dangerous*.... How some folks view it and their reaction to some one who is open carrying however can be.

* When done by a law abiding gun owner , going about his daily business....not a extremist group , for the perceived intimidation factor.

I was engaged in a FaceBook argument with a person that was enraged that the avowed White Supremicists (sp) and NeoNazis showed up open carrying. Yet nobody was shot even after Antifa started beating the crap out of folks. I've often thought that perhaps these Alt-Right types open carry not just to intimidate or cause a scene, but to keep the violence prone opposition protesters off their butts. Maybe?

That could be true...
That said , I think it* still looks bad for folks who open carry as a daily thing or need....Just 'cause we all can be "lumped in" with various extremist* groups.
* "it" being the open carrying of firearms with the intent of intimidation.
** Whatever they, are according to wildly varying viewpoints...
Andy

Last Edited:
What a bunch of morons......you think they would be more afraid of the concealed carry guns they can't see than the ones they can.

The problem with your statement above is that you are thinking like a responsible gun owner/CCer and most out there are PC sheep afraid of their own shadow.;)

I was having this conversation yesterday with the wife's uncle. Personally open carry, CC should be a non issue. My right to carry is the 2nd period. That's my opinion. However there is a time and place for everything. For the most part I'd rather CC in public simply because I want all the odds I can get in my favor if ever needed. I really hate to say this but 99% of the guys I see open carry around here are friggin mental midgets I wouldn't trust with a cork gun. Whenever I see someone open carrying-esp an AR type rifle my threat level goes up a notch and I pay close attention to their body language and any comments I can overhear. I open carry often on my property, while hunting and when I'm selling my surplus eggs at the little crossroads near here that folks use for that purpose. Several of the other vendors do as well.
Just my:s0159:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads