JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let me tell you a little story about a state I used to live in: In California it is basically impossible for the average person to get a CCW. You have to know the right person and pay them. So not many people in CA have carry permits. It's also illegal to open carry in just about every city. However, if you go over to Calguns there are hundreds of thousands of people who are discussing how they CCW. What does that tell you.

I agree with the keep it discrete crowd. Figure out a way to deep conceal. One thing I don't recommend is purse carry unless her purse is always with her. If she has big boobs they make bra holsters. 😉

Have a buddy who was a trial lawyer in LA, he even sued sheriff of LA county for the CCW problem. He reported to me that quite a few respectable-type people he knew carried daily, irrespective of ability to obtain a permission slip.

Let me tell you a little story about a state I used to live in: In California it is basically impossible for the average person to get a CCW. You have to know the right person and pay them. So not many people in CA have carry permits. It's also illegal to open carry in just about every city. However, if you go over to Calguns there are hundreds of thousands of people who are discussing how they CCW. What does that tell you.

I agree with the keep it discrete crowd. Figure out a way to deep conceal. One thing I don't recommend is purse carry unless her purse is always with her. If she has big boobs they make bra holsters. 😉
So basically California is as corrupt as third world nation governments.

I feel that if an employer has anti carry policies they should have: security personnel, security camera systems, adequate lighting, lockout procedures and building check in procedures. If they have none of those in place, they should be subject to any and all lawsuits of bodily damage via attacks incurred on their property (or on the way to) as well as insured for such events.

If you can carry and make it incredibly discrete, do so. Don't tell anyone, ensure its never at risk of a sighting. Dont broadcast/advertise. They make awesome bags/backpacks/fannypacks with hidden zippered pockets if On the body carey is not possible.
These businesses do not care about you or anyone else and they wont help you should you have to fight for your life not at work but on your way to and from your vehicle which is where statistically attacks are highest and most likely.
Example, commuting on the bus or max. Armed security does not ride on these often.. you're on your own.. plenty of gangs and druggies ride these too.. this is pre work but lets say you walk or bike using these public transit methods.. it just makes sense to carry because that is the most likely area you'll be attacked.

Statistically depending on the area of the business, smaller statured males and females are at high risk of these workplace parking lot attacks as well as public commuting routes. Your business could care less. Your business will not pay your medical bills or help you.

Reminds of a barrista at Dutch Bros, next to University of Oregon. Late night held up by two guys, one with a gun, he shot one. Completely justified, but Dutch Bros fired him, then the public outrage..

So Dutch Bros caved and hired him back. Scumbags.

Better to be alive and fired from your job, vs raped, killed, etc, while adhearing to company policy.

I dropped my kid off at OSU this week and did not see any "Gun Free Zone" signs. We did see one Tobacco Free Campus sign. OSU is a huge and sprawling campus with many public entrances. I can't see them putting up hundreds of "Gun Free Zone" signs in the next three days.

Our local High School has had No Firearm signs at the parking lot entrances for several years, but I could ignore that having an Oregon CHL. Looks like I will become a law breaker if I ever have to pick my other kid up from high school in the future.

I dropped my kid off at OSU this week and did not see any "Gun Free Zone" signs. We did see one Tobacco Free Campus sign. OSU is a huge and sprawling campus with many public entrances. I can't see them putting up hundreds of "Gun Free Zone" signs in the next three days.

Our local High School has had No Firearm signs at the parking lot entrances for several years, but I could ignore that having an Oregon CHL. Looks like I will become a law breaker if I ever have to pick my other kid up from high school in the future.
Years ago I posted up on Glock talk 'You've pulled up to Walmart and people are running out...active shooter'...what do you do.

The whole placed melted down. Most people said they would wait for back up, even if their wife and kid were hiding behind the meat counter and shooter was executing, aisle by aisle women and children.

A trip that day to Bimart Springfield, mentioned this to the counter guy (buying reloading stuff)..he said 'Yeah, I wouldn't grab and gun and be a hero'...

I was just digusted with people that day.

This was all before the school shootings and change in police policy, where all the cops were hired based on 'wait for back up'...now they have to dive in, cut the pie and look for the shooter.

Hilarious...

So if conceal carry is illegal at schools and establishments, just who will stop the spree shooter?

I am willing to bet that most of us that do carry everyday (and the proof is in the Empty your Pockets thread) are not as well equipped as your run of the mill LEO.

I, for one, do not wear body armor or a helmet to go shopping.

Years ago I posted up on Glock talk 'You've pulled up to Walmart and people are running out...active shooter'...what do you do.

The whole placed melted down. Most people said they would wait for back up, even if their wife and kid were hiding behind the meat counter and shooter was executing, aisle by aisle women and children.

A trip that day to Bimart Springfield, mentioned this to the counter guy (buying reloading stuff)..he said 'Yeah, I wouldn't grab and gun and be a hero'...

This was all before the school shootings and change in police policy, where all the cops were hired based on 'wait for back up'...now they have to dive in, cut the pie and look for the shooter.

Hilarious...

So if conceal carry is illegal at schools and establishments, just who will stop the spree shooter?
Well for one. If there is an active shooter in a large place and people run in armed how many of them are going to shoot each other, some person hiding who jumps up, or get shot by the first LEO who goes in looking for active shooter and finds our "good guy" running around gun in hand?
As for Wife and kid hiding if it was my wife she would be hiding wile holding a gun in hand waiting for shooter to show his head.
Many have this idea in their head they are going to be a hero because they carry. Sadly often when they try this in real life it goes horribly wrong fast. :s0092:

Well for one. If there is an active shooter in a large place and people run in armed how many of them are going to shoot each other, some person hiding who jumps up, or get shot by the first LEO who goes in looking for active shooter and finds our "good guy" running around gun in hand?
As for Wife and kid hiding if it was my wife she would be hiding wile holding a gun in hand waiting for shooter to show his head.
Many have this idea in their head they are going to be a hero because they carry. Sadly often when they try this in real life it goes horribly wrong fast. :s0092:
You said that much more tactfully and eloquent than I was going to. I agree 100 percent. Although many people have a concept in their mind of rushing in an playing "Hero" without assessing the scene or the consequences of rash actions. To themselves, others, or responding LE.

Hilarious...

There are Teachers and Staff who risk their jobs and still carry in Gun Free schools, but after September 25th they risk a criminal charge and the loss of their CHL for five years. Thanks Oregon Democrats!

I carry so I can safely come home to my family, not to protect the unarmed sheep. If there is a "WalMart Active Shooter", I am likely to be out gunned. The killer may have a rifle or AR pistol with several magazines. Take the Boulder, Colorado King Soopers killer, he had an AR pistol and a 9mm handgun. The first Officer to arrive, Eric Talley, was killed within seconds of entering the store. Or outnumbered as in the 2014 Las Vegas WalMart example. A husband and wife ambushed and killed to cops in a CICI's pizza, then entered a nearby WalMart where the husband shot in the air and declared the "Start of the Revolution". Joseph Robert Wilcox, a customer legally carrying a concealed handgun, confronted the husband, but was shot in the back by the wife who he had passed without paying any attention to. Yeah, I don't want to be that guy. That is one thing that Fat Boy with the Green Screen on YouTube has taught me "Beware of the trailing accomplice"

You said that much more tactfully and eloquent than I was going to. I agree 100 percent. Although many people have a concept in their mind of rushing in an playing "Hero" without assessing the scene or the consequences of rash actions. To themselves, others, or responding LE.
I "try" often unsuccessfully to be "excellent to each other" as the owner requested. :s0140:
I have for as long as I have been on the net cringed at people who carry who really want to believe the gun they carry makes them capable to "saving the day". It sadly very often goes totally off the rails when you have an active shooter. We had a great example here good while back. "good guy" is in a wheelchair for life due to rushing in to save the day. :(

Deliberately walking INTO a gunfight with a pistol to clear a shopping mall with an active shooter. Without backup. With no reliable way to distinguish yourself from the baddies when the LEOs finally do arrive.

_shirt-r7334e7719f094046b53716b2635a284b_k2gr0_700.jpg

It's funny how many people on the internet talk the talk, but when given a hypothetical scenario where their families will be executed should they not act, they still rationalize sitting in their car, waiting for SWAT, all the while their wives and kids screaming on the phone as the the shooter comes around the corner blasting.

I have no respect for cowards. Even less for internet pretenders who talk caliber and capacity, and tactics, but EVEN ON THE INTERNET can't screw up the courage to use their firearm to save the lives of the ones they love.

The simple reality...few go to the gun range, fewer have thrown a punch or taken martial arts. Fewer have done anything where their abilities determined whether they lived through the day. It's honestly, disgusting.

It's threads like this I point out to women, and ask them...'would you want this guy for your husband?' and they look absolutely shocked to think their husband, big tough guy with a gun, armed and dangerous, wouldn't come to help them when it counted.

Hey cowards...let me ask you a question. When the founding fathers were on the farm by themselves with a musket and the indians come through the farm raping and murdering....did the husband with a musket outnumbered, run into the woods? Did he fight? Did he worry about the lawsuit and shooting investigation?

Mods, feel free to delete my account, I have nothing in common with the people here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top