JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Lol I put this in the off topic to see what kind of response I would get . What do you do if you got anti gun people in your family I have some in mine and on Xmas morning when my sister Open's her present from me witch is a purple AR15 and I just bought a shotgun for my nephew for Xmas so he can hunt waterfowl with me needless to say the S IS GOING TO HIT THE FAN LOL but I'm not going to change my ways.my sister was in the coast guard and now a first responder via fire and EMT AND ALSO WORK 'S EMERGENCY ROOM AT HOSPITAL so she understands where I come from but has to deal with her in-laws that are on the dark side LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
:DGotcha.

More to your question, I don't have any close family members who are anti-gun so it isn't something I deal with often. I try not to push the issue with any antis. In fact, I've found many people are surprised I'm an enthusiast. I just don't make a big deal about it.

If I am reading the scenario correctly, your sister/nephew are ok with the gun; it's the in-laws that are going to have the cow? If that is correct, I say the in-laws can go boink themselves. I really, really, hate this mindset that seems to somehow put them in charge of the rest of us, what we can like, not like, say, not say, do and not do....

I have in-laws as well that don't appreciate guns, but they give me guns/ammo/etc and don't gift it to them. If I want to gift a gun related item to another member of the family who does appreciate guns, I would like to think the anti-gun members of the family might not like it, but they would behave themselves and keep their opinions to themselves.

Pretty much depends on what kind of a day you want it to be. If I take the first part of the post, the question part before the run-on sentence: "What do you do if you have anti gun people in your family..."

The choice in that situation is to spend the holiday either concentrating on the things where you mostly agree, or to provoke a pointless argument in which nobody is going to convince the other of anything.

Sometimes we see people go to court because they want to be 'right', and don't care what it will cost them to do it, knowing they will probably lose in the end.

As to what gifts you may give, if the recipient will use and appreciate it, it's not anybody's business but theirs and yours.

As to a polarized mindset, I have a couple relatives who force all their visitors to watch Fox news and will push their evangelical self-righteousness down the throats of everyone who walks in the door. Bias is not an exclusive property of one side or another.

Thanks for the information I'm sure it's going to be a hot topic but like said I would not just give a gun to someone who doesn't want one but I or we can't let them dictate what we own or don't own AND BTW I TOLD MY SISTER THAT I BOUGHT HER SON A SHOTGUN FOR XMAS AND SHE WAS FINE WITH THAT don't get me wrong I get along great with her in-laws we just don't agree on this subject that's why I started this thread

It is the holidays. If you want to enjoy the family for their good points, You could consider giving the guns before the others arrive, or after they leave. I gave my adult son some cuban cigars after his Grandma left. She would have been fine with a gun, but would not be with him smoking. It is the holiday and not time to stir up bad emotions.

Years back my father in law was over for fathers day when my wife and son gave me an AR. He owned rifles and shotguns, but all for hunting. He did not own a handgun. When he saw the AR, he commented, "what in the heck do you need that for". When I replied, this is for when the terrorists come down the street, I will use it to protect your daughter and grandson. He smiled and nodded his head in approval.

Last Edited:
I have a niece in the National Guard. She was having problems qualifying on the rifle. She like shooting my AR, and she was getting better with it but really couldn't afford the ammo for it. So later that year I bought her a pink camo S&W M&P 15-22. One of my other sisters, not that niece's mother, went ape over it. I calmly looked at her and went, "What the bubblegum? She fires higher power rifles when she goes to train, this is a little dinky .22LR."

Before I had bought the rifle I talked with the mother and she was overjoyed that I would have gotten that for her. I really wish I hadn't said a thing to the other sister, but oh well.

The fact of the matter is I'm his and her uncle I have a nice also and if I didn't spend time with them doing outdoors stuff they would be on there phones and playing XBOX for the rest of their lives I grew up riding bikes and playing out side BB GUNS AND DIGGING Fort 's in the desert lol it's sad that my nephew friend's are stuck in a apartment playing video games all day because there mom is at work and that's all they know lol I have taken them all out to play paintball and fishing and gun range lol the funniest thing is the look on there faces when they get to shoot a real AK not the one on XBOX

IMAG0097.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top