JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't think it's the season or weather at all. I think it likely has more to do with the economy and the stress that it brings with it. Who here isn't facing more stress than they were 12 years ago? I'm not saying for certain this guy was stressed about a job or anything like that. I have no idea. But it's for certain that job security and bill paying stress does lead to other personal relationship problems.

Look for more and more violence to come. Be prepared.

My wife was there about 20 minutes after it happened. Going to Freddies for groceries. She said there were about 10 cop cars on the scene in addition to EMS. I told her when she got home, THIS IS WHY I WANT YOU TO CONSIDER CARRYING A WEAPON!!!. Don't know whether it will sink in, but told her if she wanted to consider it, I would be happy to train her or find her training. :(

This is just my opinion, but, it seems that every time there is a mass shooting, the media gushes on and on about it. I think that some one who may be contemplating something like this, gets the idea that it is cool! "Look at the attention I will get!" "Everybody will hear about me!" Every time a horrible mass shooting occurs, it is always followed by a series of "copy-cat" crimes. The media is partly to blame for making it sound so good to these low-life vermin. My .04 (inflation)!

DAMN!! I use to go to that Great Clips all the time.. I sure hope it wasn't one of my hair cutters.. Too bad I could have not been there to stop it.. THat is why I pack everywhere I go.. Criminals will always get guns, but it seems there is never enough armed good people around to prevent these attacks.

This is just my opinion, but, it seems that every time there is a mass shooting, the media gushes on and on about it. I think that some one who may be contemplating something like this, gets the idea that it is cool! "Look at the attention I will get!" "Everybody will hear about me!" Every time a horrible mass shooting occurs, it is always followed by a series of "copy-cat" crimes. The media is partly to blame for making it sound so good to these low-life vermin. My .04 (inflation)!

I'll raise you to a nickel. I agree with you 100%. Media can't resist a good bloody story and will milk for all it's worth without regard to the negative effects it may have.

All very unnerving & troubling not to mention unfortunate & sad.
But it's very real and close to home. Bad economy + holidaze = increased crime.
Just keep aware boyz & gyrls!

They economy sucks...... the holidays make it worse......... and when you get screwed over by a "loved" one then it is just enough to push you over the edge. This is a prefect example that the gun laws DON'T WORK.

About 3 years ago, I walked into my apartment and found that my gf was in bed with someone else. I had two loaded pistols on me (dual conceal carry) I had so much rage and anger that it could have turned into a double murder and suicide. But I just told her how I felt and walked out because I knew that if I stock around that things would get nasty fast. The guy was so scared that he was gonna jump out of they window lol..... we were on the second floor hahahahah

First let me say this........ no female is ever worth it.... yeah it would be nice to teach someone a lesson but not at the cost of taking a life. My guns were never bought and carried to kill a cheater. I am glad that I was able to control myself and I give myself all the props because I was able to tuck my tail between my legs and remove myself from the F**ked up situation. You just have to be able to control yourself and be educated, and I think that is the key. People don't understand that it's a temporary thing for the most part..... life goes on ...... but i've been there and I know that at times it seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel. I understand why things like this happens and I am not in anyway shape or form condoning this kind of behavior.....

I wonder how things would have turned out if I or some other person who was conceal carrying was there.

The cause is clearly do to the troubled times we live in. It is true that only the strong survive. Weak people lose it under stress and this has been proven again and again through out human history. It's like a rare form of Darwinism still seen today.

Yes exactly where are all the good CHL holders? Probably not carrying would be my guess. It's a damn shame. I do my part. I'm always carrying. Today I went to 2 banks, a groceries store, and an oil change place. I traveled through Buxton, Manning, Banks, Hillsboro, Aloha, and Beaverton. I'm not looking for trouble but if it finds me "I am ready".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top